ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 32
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston hires Nick Caserio to be GM
Mecca 06:38 PM 01-05-2021
More New England trash, these teams will never learn.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:39 PM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
What a terrible time to be a Texans fan. They have the QB, but no team and no picks to build a team and now the QB may want out. I don't see any scenario where the Texans are any good in the next 2-3 years.

Yeah. At least when KC had Patriot AIDS we didn’t have a QB to piss off. As much as some fans were duped by Cassel (including me for a brief period) they never had to suffer through having a QB and getting him wrenched away but keeping the boneheads in power who fucked up the whole good thing they had.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:42 PM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
A patriot way buffoon put them in that situation. Only to be replaced by more patriot way idiocracy.

:-)
Which is why I don't understand why Miami would be in the mix. Seems like a giant red flag for deshaun.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:20 PM 01-11-2021
And now the Texans are on a minority coach interview run after being the only team to not interview Bieniemy. Oddly, all of a sudden, they're interviewing David Culley, Jim Caldwell and Leslie Frazier.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:23 PM 01-11-2021
I didn't see this posted but apparently Watson isn't the only one upset with McNair and the Texans. The dude is a first class moron, apparently. He spent big money on a search firm, let them present their findings, and then hired somebody that wasn't even on the list.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...io-sources-say

Originally Posted by :
Had the Houston Texans stayed the course and followed the recommendation of the search firm Korn Ferry, they likely would have hired Pittsburgh Steelers vice president of football and business administration Omar Khan as their next general manager, league sources told ESPN.

Khan and ESPN Monday Night Football analyst Louis Riddick, who are both minority candidates, were the two finalists before Texans owner Cal McNair changed his mind, ignored the recommendation of the search firm he paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to do weeks of work and hired former New England Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio, sources said.

Multiple people in the Texans organization, including quarterback Deshaun Watson, were upset with how Houston's search took a sudden and unexpected turn, hiring a man that Korn Ferry did not include on its list of candidates.

With new GM Nick Caserio, Texans double down on Patriots-like culture
Watson is said to be furious over the decision, and others are as well, with some saying that there will be employees who wind up leaving the organization during the offseason.

The quarterback is on vacation, and McNair said he expects to speak with Watson once he returns. But how that will go, if it happens, remains uncertain.

Watson had been assured by McNair that he would be involved in the process to hire a new coach and general manager and kept in the loop on the progress in those searches, but that didn't happen.

Some around the league believe that Watson could opt to withhold his services this season. Watson has not commented on that option, but others insist it will be in play.

One person who knows Watson said this week that, after the Texans traded Pro Bowl wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins last offseason, the quarterback's anger level was "a 2. ... This time, it's a 10."

[Reply]
Pants 01:24 PM 01-11-2021
Watson vs Allen for AFCE supremacy would be fun every year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:52 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Watson vs Allen for AFCE supremacy would be fun every year.
Delete your post now.

Because you know damn well that what will happen is that somehow he'll end up in New England.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:56 PM 01-11-2021
FWIW Matt Miller said it was no secret that Nick Caserio loved Tua last Spring and wanted to draft him but was obviously out of range.

I think this is the likely trade if there is one
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:17 PM 01-12-2021
Yikes :-)

If I’m @deshaunwatson I will stand my ground. The Texans organization is known for wasting players careers. Since Jack Easterby has walk into the building nothing good has happened in/for the organization and for some reason someone can’t seem to see what’s going on. Pathetic!!!

— Andre Johnson (@johnson80) January 12, 2021

[Reply]
ModSocks 02:19 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
FWIW Matt Miller said it was no secret that Nick Caserio loved Tua last Spring and wanted to draft him but was obviously out of range.
Texans are fucked.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:31 PM 01-12-2021

[Reply]
staylor26 03:12 PM 01-12-2021
I saw somebody compare Easterby to Littlefinger from GOT.

What a perfect comparison :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 03:16 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I saw somebody compare Easterby to Littlefinger from GOT.

What a perfect comparison :-)
That was me....it was me all along.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:20 AM 01-13-2021
And now, the Texans want to interview Bienemy. Holy crap. Earlier in the thread I said they were a dumpster fire. I was wrong. They're three orders of magnitude beyond that.
[Reply]
joethomas 08:41 AM 01-13-2021
I hope EB tells them to take a hike
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:48 AM 01-13-2021
They can't interview him now until after the Chiefs season is done. Does anyone think that this will satisfy Watson if they do anything short of hiring EB?
[Reply]
Page 20 of 32
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up