ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 268
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Buns 08:20 PM 10-09-2017
Looks like a lot of misdirection in that amazing trailer
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:26 PM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by Buns:
Looks like a lot of misdirection in that amazing trailer
Or not.

Apparently, this film will be very polarizing.

Some people at Lucasfilm are happy that JJ is back for IX because Rian’s vision is outside the box.

I’m stoked. Fuck a ROTJ clone.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:30 PM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:40 PM 10-09-2017
In the new canon book, “From a Certain Point of View”, Yoda wanted to train Leia because she was stronger in the Force.

So now, 30 years later, Leia gives birth to Ben who trains with Luke, only to turn to the dark side. He kills Luke’s new Jedi and his father, Han Solo.

From the trailer, Ben/Kylo kills Leia. Rey joins Kylo, her brother, then turn against Luke.

Luke will kill them both in IX.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:42 PM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
In the new canon book, “From a Certain Point of View”, Yoda wanted to train Leia because she was stronger in the Force.

So now, 30 years later, Leia gives birth to Ben who trains with Luke, only to turn to the dark side. He kills Luke’s new Jedi and his father, Han Solo.

From the trailer, Ben/Kylo kills Leia. Rey joins Kylo, her brother, then turn against Luke.

Holy shit, that would be epic!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:47 PM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Holy shit, that would be epic!
I know, which is probably why it wont happen.

But man, it would be bad ass.

Luke saves the galaxy again.

Abrams is going to make it all Spielbergy
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:54 PM 10-09-2017

:-)

This will never happen, but yeah it would be fucking epic.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:55 PM 10-09-2017

Could be. I gathered that Rey was using subterfuge to get close to Snoke to try to use her power but it doesn't go as planned. I think the joining Kylo, if that even happens in the film, is a ruse that Luke doesn't agree with.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:56 PM 10-09-2017
Here's a take:

That trailer seems to indicate Kylo/Rey are going to kill Snoke.

Which could set up Luke to be the bad guy in Episode IX, trying to stop the Jedi Order from starting up again.

That'd be fun.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:59 PM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Here's a take:

That trailer seems to indicate Kylo/Rey are going to kill Snoke.

Which could set up Luke to be the bad guy in Episode IX, trying to stop the Jedi Order from starting up again.

That'd be fun.

I tend more to this then what they actually we trying to lead us to believe.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:05 PM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I tend more to this then what they actually we trying to lead us to believe.
She could just be psyching him out, too. Damned lying women. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:12 PM 10-09-2017
Anyway, Rian wouldn't give the movie away in a trailer.

He's playing us.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 09:15 PM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Wait... This poster seems to have the light on the left and the Dark on the right.
Why is Poo Dameron on the dark side? Lando type betrayal?
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 09:16 PM 10-09-2017
Got my tickets. :-)
[Reply]
listopencil 09:30 PM 10-09-2017

Not that it wouldn't be bad ass, because it would, but I don't think they'd dare do it. I've kind of given up on the idea of Luke becoming a Grey Jedi. I think it's possible that Rey does because Luke wants to end the Jedi and Kylo becomes the only one willing to train her to her maximum capability. So in this movie Rey ends up with Kylo and Luke swears to end them both. But I don't think he does it. I think we end up in the next movie with a distorted mirror replay of the Palpatine/Vader/Luke scene from ROTJ and Rey ends up killing Kylo after breaking off a fight with a near dead Luke.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 268
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Up