ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2826 of 3903
« First < 1826232627262776281628222823282428252826 282728282829283028362876292633263826 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 10:36 AM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Antibody test was negative. Not terribly surprised, but was kind of hoping it would come back positive.

Of course now I'm from research on the accuracy of the antibody test I got and I'm not certain I feel too great about the accuracy of the test... I'd probably question it if it showed positive too so whatever. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:43 AM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Illinois school district says no pajamas for online classes

https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/...nline-classes/
Probably not a bad idea, it might help get them in the proper mindset to learn as opposed to slopping around in pj’s
[Reply]
loochy 10:46 AM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Illinois school district says no pajamas for online classes

https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/...nline-classes/

student: *wears pajamas*
teacher: "Are those pajamas that you are wearing?"
student: "Nope."
teacher: "They look like pajamas."
student: "Nope. Prove it."
teacher (to his or herself): "Ok you win."
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:51 AM 08-11-2020
Imagine how obese gen-rona will be.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:58 AM 08-11-2020
I find myself feeling bad for these kids more and more lately.

This is already a generation that doesn't know how to talk to people or interact with humanity without the use of a screen or the internet. These kids have never known a world without social media. Internet hatred, stupidity, and misinformation has been part of their lives since inception.

And now this COVID crisis has forced kids to lose the one aspect of social interaction (school) they have left.

Certainly they aren't the first generation to deal with fucked up circumstances, but this just sucks. I think back on my middle school and high school days and I remember them fondly. Sports, mingling between classes, skipping out on Algebra to go eat at Taco Tico, learning how to navigate social norms and structure...

This isn't a "Send these kids to school no matter what!" post either. I just think there are lasting implications tied to the decisions adults are making for these kids with regard to their school and their future.

I think they were already going to have some level of fucked-up-edness no matter what, but add this on top of it, and yikes.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:06 AM 08-11-2020
New Zealand orders lockdown after four new COVID-19 cases emerge
https://nypost.com/2020/08/11/new-ze...-cases-emerge/
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:09 AM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:

This is already a generation that doesn't know how to talk to people or interact with humanity without the use of a screen or the internet. These kids have never known a world without social media. Internet hatred, stupidity, and misinformation has been part of their lives since inception.

And now this COVID crisis has forced kids to lose the one aspect of social interaction (school) they have left.

Certainly they aren't the first generation to deal with ****ed up circumstances, but this just sucks. I think back on my middle school and high school days and I remember them fondly. Sports, mingling between classes, skipping out on Algebra to go eat at Taco Tico, learning how to navigate social norms and structure...

This isn't a "Send these kids to school no matter what!" post either. I just think there are lasting implications tied to the decisions adults are making for these kids with regard to their school and their future.
S
I think they were already going to have some level of ****ed-up-edness no matter what, but add this on top of it, and yikes.
One positive of being a millennial parent is the ability to help them navigate some of these pitfalls since our knowledge of internet related things are better than our parents were. My parents thought nothing of letting me sit in front of a screen playing video games for hours, or spending every week night hanging out on AOL instant messenger.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:32 AM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
So much could be said about this.
[Reply]
loochy 11:34 AM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
So much could be said about this.
Remember the old saying:

For every action, there's an unequal and opposite overreaction.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:09 PM 08-11-2020

Certainly they aren't the first generation to deal with fucked up circumstances, but this just sucks. I think back on my middle school and high school days and I remember them fondly. Sports, mingling between classes, skipping out on Algebra to go eat at Taco Tico, learning how to navigate social norms and structure...

I think they were already going to have some level of fucked-up-edness no matter what, but add this on top of it, and yikes.
Great post. People don’t realize there are no perfect solutions and they all have consequences either way.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:15 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
New Zealand has 4 new cases from a family with no history of travel. So the whole "we squashed it" is kinda off the table.
No one is squashing this thing. We either live with it or piss away all of our social lives and see unemployment/suicides/divorces sky rocket with it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:17 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
What a fucking joke. We're all screwed
[Reply]
TLO 12:24 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
What a ****ing joke. We're all screwed
Why are we all screwed?
[Reply]
Donger 12:26 PM 08-11-2020
So, a few cases cropped up and they are going to locally lock down for a few days.

People have issue with this, why?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:50 PM 08-11-2020

Certainly they aren't the first generation to deal with ****ed up circumstances, but this just sucks. I think back on my middle school and high school days and I remember them fondly. Sports, mingling between classes, skipping out on Algebra to go eat at Taco Tico, learning how to navigate social norms and structure...

I think they were already going to have some level of ****ed-up-edness no matter what, but add this on top of it, and yikes.
Yeah, it sucks. My oldest missed his spring soccer season and my middle son missed his 7th grade track season. He already had USATF and AAU times from nationals (in the 200, 400, and 800) that would have shattered the school records. That sucks, but what really stinks was all of the training that he would have done in pursuit of those goals. Now, we're simply hanging on for football and really praying that basketball is here in winter. AAU tournaments have kept the kids playing, but cancelling the school season would be tough.
[Reply]
Page 2826 of 3903
« First < 1826232627262776281628222823282428252826 282728282829283028362876292633263826 > Last »
Up