« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:46 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

I just don't get why we have to vilify opponents.
I'll give you three solid reasons to vilify that opponent:

1) Peters

2) Hunt

3) Hill

Yeah, what a blessing these three have been!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:54 AM 03-23-2019
I literally laughed out loud during the press conference after the game where he threw 3 TD's when he said he just woke up that morning and 'felt dangerous'.

****ing hilarious.
Yep. And to your point there are those who actually believe what the feel and then say and THEN PRODUCE ! And then there are those that say the same thing and just pose.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:55 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:

1) Peters

2) Hunt

3) Hill

1) Peters was a risk worth taking at the time. Lot of talent, and I think they thought Berry could keep him in line. Of course, Berry spent '17 in rehab and Peters fell apart.

2)Hunt is, I think, a decent guy, but not a good drunk. We all know people like that. Hopefully he gets his life together. as a 3rd round pick, though, you can't argue with the production.

3) If it turns out Hill broke his kid's arm and we cut him tomorrow, as a 5th round pick we got unbelievable production. I hope not, but if that's the case, it was a risk worth taking.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:59 AM 03-23-2019
1) Peters was a risk worth taking at the time. Lot of talent, and I think they thought Berry could keep him in line. Of course, Berry spent '17 in rehab and Peters fell apart.

2)Hunt is, I think, a decent guy, but not a good drunk. We all know people like that. Hopefully he gets his life together. as a 3rd round pick, though, you can't argue with the production.

3) If it turns out Hill broke his kid's arm and we cut him tomorrow, as a 5th round pick we got unbelievable production. I hope not, but if that's the case, it was a risk worth taking.
If we lose Hill, that's three productive BUSTS.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:59 AM 03-23-2019

Except, if that happens, we will have lost 3 top playmakers and got nothing back from them all because of their “risks”.

Hunt is the only one we didn’t really see coming. Unless he had issues in college that I didn’t hear about.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:05 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think Ballard is the better GM than Dorsey.

Dorsey’s first draft wasn’t that good if you take out Baker, who was pretty obvious of a pick.

Taking a short, frail CB over Chubb was retarded. He also got his Eric Fisher in Austin Corbett :-)
He took a RB and Fisher clone while Ballard got Darius Leonard and Braden Smith a few picks later.

He’s learned nothing from his time here. He’s already spending like a mother****er and bringing in extremely difficult personalities. Shit John, you’d think the Marcus Peters fiasco would have taught you something. Nope...gotta get OBJ.

Give it a couple years when Dorsey doesn’t have it easy anymore and you’ll see the same thing happen that happened here. Dorsey is good, but he’s got some major flaws.
OBJ isn't Peters. OBJ is a typical diva WR, Peters is a complete asshole. There's a difference.

You could do a LOT worse than a Fisher clone. We got spoiled watching Big Willie Roaf-but Big Willie was a generational talent at LT. It's not Fisher's fault that he was probably the best player in a decade-worst draft and we had the bad luck to pick first.

That small frail corner played pretty well. And I don't think 5'11" 190 is THAT small anyway.

It'll be worth watching their cap situation. They have the room right now to absorb OBJ's contract, but in a couple of years they're going to have to make some decisions. We'll see if Dorsey has learned from his mistakes. As of right now, though, he's following Reid's blueprint and getting Mayfield as many weapons as possible, like we did signing Watkins.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:07 PM 03-23-2019
If we lose Hill, that's three productive BUSTS.
at worst, it's ONE bust.

a few seasons of all-world play from a 3rd round pick and a 5th round pick in a league where the average career is 3-4 years? Those are wins.

and I wouldn't even call Peters a bust. We just didn't want to re-sign him. We got production from him for 3 years.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:10 PM 03-23-2019
at worst, it's ONE bust.

a few seasons of all-world play from a 3rd round pick and a 5th round pick in a league where the average career is 3-4 years? Those are wins.

and I wouldn't even call Peters a bust. We just didn't want to re-sign him. We got production from him for 3 years.
and we also got two picks for peters
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:13 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Except, if that happens, we will have lost 3 top playmakers and got nothing back from them all because of their “risks”.

Hunt is the only one we didn’t really see coming. Unless he had issues in college that I didn’t hear about.

that's true through a certain lens. I would argue that who gets all-world performance from a 5th round draft pick? I would argue that anything more than special teams fodder for a few years is good value in the 5th round.

How many RB's are truly dominant for more than 3 or 4 years? Hunt unfortunately gave us 2. There was nothing in his background that said 'BIG RISK'. I still think he's a good guy, just has a problem. I also think that Reid schemes production from his RB's and always has. Note that Damien Williams actually had a higher ypc than Hunt. So that hole is filled.

Peters was a risk, and everyone knew it, that's why he fell to us in the first place. We still got 3 good years from him. That's not really a bust, but it's not ideal I'll grant you that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:16 PM 03-23-2019
look at it like this-

If you could go back in time, knowing what you know now-

Would you still draft Peters? Maybe not.

Would you still draft Hunt? Probably. Who else is better in that round 3?

Would you still take Tyreek in the 5th? Knowing what we know RIGHT NOW. **** yeah, you would.

because you didn't get more years out of mid to late round picks that were extremely high production players doesn't mean they're busts.
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:18 PM 03-23-2019

1) Peters

2) Hunt

3) Hill

Are you kidding me?

Peters gave this team three years of Pro Bowl play and then netted a 2nd and 4th round pick. Would you have preferred Kevin Johnson, or Trae Waynes or Erving, Agholor, Ogbuehi, Dupree?

Hunt was a great pick but then that story happened. But it is not like he had any character concern pre draft.

Hill gave this team more in 3 years that 90% of late 5th round picks will ever give you.

I swear, some of you dont deserve Pat Mahomes.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:19 PM 03-23-2019
Ballard did nail his first draft though, no question.

You can't really compare it with Veach's in any fair manner. We had no #1 and were picking later in each round.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:19 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

He did. He was suspended in college.

Soren Petro mentioned this on his show and it was really a broad definition but going into last years camp a scout told him the Chiefs had 41 "red flag players". Wasnt sure what that met like failing a drug test? Being late to a meeting? Etc. Thought it was interesting though.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:20 PM 03-23-2019
You're both missing the point entirely but I'm not going to debate it. You've already pre-conditioned your minds to accept this clusterfuck.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:26 PM 03-23-2019
You're both missing the point entirely but I'm not going to debate it. You've already pre-conditioned your minds to accept this cluster****.
wha?

No.

Nobody's missing your point.

You say:
Peters=bust, bad pick
Hunt=bust, bad pick
Hill=bust, bad pick.

Your words.

We say:
Peters-not ideal, worth the risk, 3 years of good play nets a #2 and a #4 in trade.
Hunt-two seasons of all-pro level play for a mid round pick.
Hill-three seasons of amazing, game changing play for a 5th round pick.

While we'd love it if we got 5 plus years from all those guys, you can't be mad because it didn't last longer. They were all HIGH performance per investment.

And we don't know what's going on with Hill. It's just as likely that he'll be cleared as found guilty.

I say you're reacting on an emotional level and not thinking logically.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 137
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137 >
Up