ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Zack Baun lb
O.city 03:31 PM 01-31-2020
I’ve been watching some of him. Very interesting player. Could be a nice Ragland replacement with more upside as a rusher

Any interest?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:57 PM 01-31-2020
Not a scheme fit. He’s a 3-4 OLB.

Helluva player though.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:29 PM 01-31-2020
Disagree with Northman. Been and still am high on him. He reminds me a ton of Schobert when he was coming out. Baun won't hold up as a 3-4 OLB in the NFL in my opinion. He's an inside linebacker in either scheme or a 4-3 SLB. That's my take. He has some good athleticism.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 12:50 AM 02-01-2020
FWIW, that's who Jeremiah had us taking in his mock draft.
[Reply]
O.city 02:33 PM 02-01-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Disagree with Northman. Been and still am high on him. He reminds me a ton of Schobert when he was coming out. Baun won't hold up as a 3-4 OLB in the NFL in my opinion. He's an inside linebacker in either scheme or a 4-3 SLB. That's my take. He has some good athleticism.
I think he’s be a really nice upside and immediate player for us. He could play inside and kick outside in pass situations and rush the passer
[Reply]
SAGA45 05:24 PM 02-01-2020
I dont think he will be on the board but if he is, I cant fathom Veach passing on him.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:03 PM 02-01-2020
He absolutely fits in this defense with his versatility. Spags clearly loves guys that are versatile. Wouldn’t be a bad pick at all at 31/32.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:42 PM 02-03-2020
I really like him, but this guy has Patriots written all over him. I fully expect them or one of Bill’s spawns to take him.

Plus he’ll likely have terrific number in Indy.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:28 PM 02-16-2020
Just like Gladney, the more I watch him, the more I like him at 32.

I think those two are my top 2 realistic options at 32.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:50 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Yeah kinda like Barr too, yes?

Any sort of upgrade at inside backer gets me excited. We need it.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:59 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Yeah kinda like Barr too, yes?

Any sort of upgrade at inside backer gets me excited. We need it.
Honestly, I think he’ll be better than Barr. He’s got a higher football IQ and he’s just a better football player. But in terms of skill set and role that’s a good comparison.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:14 PM 02-24-2020
I like him.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 12:52 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I dont think he will be on the board but if he is, I cant fathom Veach passing on him.
Agreed. With how deep CB and WR's are this draft. A talented LB won't fall to 32.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:31 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
Agreed. With how deep CB and WR's are this draft. A talented LB won't fall to 32.
CB crop isn't that amazing, really, outside of the top 8 but teams will force those picks to get their favorites like always because DBs are always a hot commodity.

As for LB, it's rare more than a couple go in the first round. Sometimes none. So, one can't say for certain. It also depends on how teams value Baun versus other LBs highly ranked. Simmons is a top-10 pick. You still have Murray and Queen that will get serious consideration in round 1. So, there's more than a passing shot he's there. Teams likely will not be looking at Baun as a pass rusher, so that's probably off the table.

Then you have the 4 pillars philosophy that teams will look to fulfill and LB isn't on that list. It's a solid QB draft. It's a solid O-Line draft, especially for tackles. Teams are going to go after those Edge guys and Corners. So, all of that just pushes guys down.

I think you bank pass rushers (DT/ER) taking up at least 6 first-round picks (Brown, Kinlaw, Young, Epenesa, Gross-Matos, Chaisson)

I'd go with at least 7 DBs (CB/S) with Okudah, Diggs, Henderson, Gladney, Johnson, McKinney and one of a lot of Delpit, Fulton, Hall, and Terrell.

You have 3 sure QBs in Burrow, Tua, and Herbert and possibly a 4th in Love.

You have at least 5 offensive linemen in Wirfs, Wills, Becton, Thomas and another of probably Ruiz, Jones, or Jackson.

You have at least 1 RB with this class, probably Swift. Possibly more in Dobbins and Taylor.

I'd say at least 5 WRs in Lamb, Ruggs, Jeudy, Shenault, and Higgins.

I see Simmons and Murray as locks at LB.

That's 29 guys. Question is where does Baun fit in? I haven't been scouring boards much this year, but the ones that are old faithful types have him ranked around 45-50.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:11 AM 02-26-2020
Watched alot of B1G being a Husker fan he owned us and in other games this dude was all over the field. I think our biggest knock was a guy who can go sideline to sideline. I like Braun.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up