ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 51
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
Buck 12:11 PM 11-19-2016
There's too much nudity on this show. Jesus. That's my main complaint.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:57 PM 11-19-2016
Originally Posted by Buck:
There's too much male nudity on this show.
I hear you.
[Reply]
hometeam 02:26 PM 11-19-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
Thandie Newton's nipples are spectacular.
my GF hates them.
[Reply]
hometeam 02:26 PM 11-19-2016
There's too much nudity on this show. Jesus. That's my main complaint.
hey, it could be worse.

Think OZ.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:03 PM 11-19-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
Thandie Newton's nipples are spectacular.
I don't know if they're spectacular or not but they do command attention. They should probably have their own agent.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:02 PM 11-20-2016
Wow, what an episode. I was stunned that:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:33 PM 11-20-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Wow, what an episode. I was stunned that:

Spoiler!

Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
listopencil 11:06 PM 11-20-2016
Here's a promo:

The only thing in it that really interested me was Maeve interacting with Bernard. I mean, they are teasing the possibility of Maeve freeing him. That could be interesting. Bernard 'knows' that Ford lies to him because he remembered killing Elsie.
[Reply]
Buck 12:03 AM 11-21-2016
I'm back on the two time periods bandwagon.

When MIB says to Wyatt's mole that he was surprised Ford hadn't retired her yet. That was the same chick that welcomed William to Westworld Orientation.
[Reply]
Buck 12:07 AM 11-21-2016
Also...Dolores had a flashback while she was with William. It made me wonder if MIB time period was actually prior to William, but that doesn't seem likely.
[Reply]
Buck 12:09 AM 11-21-2016
Also...sorry for postwhoring...but RIP Elsie?

Low rent Matt Damon is on to Bernard. He's probably the next to go.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:05 AM 11-21-2016
Now watch it all be nothing more than a simulation to see if the hosts can janitor their own self contained world......
[Reply]
Bowser 01:09 AM 11-21-2016
Also...Dolores had a flashback while she was with William. It made me wonder if MIB time period was actually prior to William, but that doesn't seem likely.
I thought that as well. There has been no interaction between Ford and William, and Logan was talking about how their company was considering buying the park due to the park hemorrhaging money. Perhaps all that happens after the fact of the failed Maeve and Bernard experiments, or the fallout of what is yet to come?

And what exactly was Hale trying to sneak out of the park in the Abernathy model?
[Reply]
listopencil 01:28 AM 11-21-2016
I'm back on the two time periods bandwagon.

When MIB says to Wyatt's mole that he was surprised Ford hadn't retired her yet. That was the same chick that welcomed William to Westworld Orientation.
I thought she looked familiar but I'm not seeing her (Talulah Riley) listed for the episode on IMDb.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:46 AM 11-21-2016
That major flashback (the town full of simple hosts and a few techs guiding them) is the same visual that the show used when Ford was describing the very early days before guests arrived. Dolores is supposed to be one of the oldest hosts in the park so she could remember that. I think that's what the little girl was referring to when she said something about both her and Dolores coming from the same place. It's odd that the little girl remembers though. But the little girl would have been surrounded by atrocity on a fairly consistent basis. The episode, to me, really hammered in the twin ideas that suffering creates sentience in the hosts as it enables maturity in human beings.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 51
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up