ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Griddles
Fire Me Boy! 11:12 AM 07-31-2018
Anyone have one of these outdoor (or indoor, I don't care how you use it) griddles like the Blackstone? Basically, it's a propane fired steel griddle in various sizes - I have a 36". If you've ever been to a hibachi restaurant where they cook in front of you, basically one of those.

This is a place for sharing. What do you have, what do you like to cook on it?

I broke mine in this weekend with some fried rice, KC strip, and mixed veggies. It wasn't perfect, but it was damn good.

I'm thinking about doing some smashburgers this weekend, or maybe a big breakfast - bacon, french toast, hash browns.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:03 PM 08-05-2018
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
What regulator did you go with?
Just a basic one by Char Broil at Lowe's.
[Reply]
Dunit35 06:37 PM 08-05-2018
I tried posting an image but it’s too blurry. Cooked fried rice, zucchini, onions, broccoli, mushrooms, and chicken with it. The grill temp was definitely high. Much better than yesterday. I unscrewed the regulator and put it back on. I don’t know if that helped but the grill was nice and hot tonight.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:45 AM 08-06-2018
I tried posting an image but it’s too blurry. Cooked fried rice, zucchini, onions, broccoli, mushrooms, and chicken with it. The grill temp was definitely high. Much better than yesterday. I unscrewed the regulator and put it back on. I don’t know if that helped but the grill was nice and hot tonight.
What did you do for sauce? Just soy sauce, or did you do anything else.

I did some more rice this weekend, and it was probably the best fried rice I've ever made. I made two significant changes: first, I seasoned with some house seasoned salt (4 parts salt, 1 part pepper, 1 part garlic powder); second, I instead of plain soy sauce, I made a very basic tare sauce:

Originally Posted by :
1 c. soy sauce
1 c. mirin
1/2 c. sake
1/2 c. brown sugar
2T sherry vinegar

Boil for 5 minutes and cool.
Using that sauce made the biggest difference. It was damn tasty.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:02 PM 08-06-2018
Hey DJ.... slightly off topic, but have you ever tried putting a baking stone directly on your grill for pizzas? I've got the Kettle, and it makes great pizza, but wondering if I could get similar results by putting the stone on my gas grill (on full blast, I can get it over 600F).
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:16 PM 08-06-2018
How hot do the cheap electric ones get??? Thinking about getting one to see if i enjoy griddlin
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:27 PM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
How hot do the cheap electric ones get??? Thinking about getting one to see if i enjoy griddlin
They usually max out around 400, I think.
[Reply]
Dunit35 05:57 PM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
What did you do for sauce? Just soy sauce, or did you do anything else.

I did some more rice this weekend, and it was probably the best fried rice I've ever made. I made two significant changes: first, I seasoned with some house seasoned salt (4 parts salt, 1 part pepper, 1 part garlic powder); second, I instead of plain soy sauce, I made a very basic tare sauce:

Using that sauce made the biggest difference. It was damn tasty.
I didn’t have much ingredients on hand. I went with 2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce, 4 Tbs brown sugar, 1 tsp corn starch, and some water. It wasn’t a blow your mind delicious sauce but it was better than nothing. I have two little girls who are extremely picky.

Had my buddy and his family over for dinner Saturday night. He bought one on Amazon this morning.
[Reply]
In58men 06:27 PM 08-06-2018
FMB did you scrub your griddle with hot water and soap?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:56 PM 08-06-2018
Just water until the towel is mostly clean. Then season.
[Reply]
In58men 07:59 PM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Just water until the towel is mostly clean. Then season.
Right on, just watched his video. Wasn’t sure if that was necessary.

https://youtu.be/5rH6gdgGY0g
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:54 AM 08-08-2018
Gonna try some German potatoes and onions this weekend, along with some dry aged ribeyes I have on hand (the steaks will go on the grill).
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:56 AM 08-08-2018
Originally Posted by In58men:
Right on, just watched his video. Wasn’t sure if that was necessary.

https://youtu.be/5rH6gdgGY0g
Looks like he's starting with a new griddle, right? No, I didn't soap and water it, I just started seasoning. Maybe I should have! :-)

Also looked like he used enough oil for four griddles! WAAAAY too much oil.
[Reply]
Dunit35 11:17 AM 08-08-2018
My cover came in yesterday and I put a milk jug under it. We got some good rain this morning and it worked perfect. Thanks FMB.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:19 AM 08-08-2018
My cover came in yesterday and I put a milk jug under it. We got some good rain this morning and it worked perfect. Thanks FMB.
:-)

I learned the hard way. I just built a hard cover this weekend with some plywood and 2x2 furring strips. It's not pretty, but it's functional, and $20 in product was a lot better than $100-$150 I was seeing online for the metal ones built for it.
[Reply]
In58men 09:48 AM 08-18-2018
Count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up