ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 74
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I値l tell you why.
[Reply]
eDave 10:36 AM 06-18-2020
If players and owners want to play, they will play. Fauci has no power there.
[Reply]
tk13 10:48 AM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I have been skeptical all along. I just can't see how they can have it with the prospect of a player or players contracting it during the season.
No matter what they do they're going to have to test like crazy. I don't know what you do if you get into a situation where 10-15 guys get this during the season. A team is going to be out of action for 2 weeks.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:24 AM 06-18-2020
There are ways the NFL can create a virtual bubble for its players, coaches, officials, etc. that isn't as extreme as the NBA's bubble location in Orlando.

Restrict who they can come in contact with outside of football activities such as practice/games/travel, restrict where they can go during this time, etc.

It won't be perfect, but it is a realistic risk mitigation strategy that can be sustained over the duration of a regular season/postseason.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:50 AM 06-18-2020
we should be working on equality and stomping out covid for good. So cancelling the season is probably a good thing so we can focus on shit that matters.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:45 PM 06-18-2020

NFL players might sport #COVID19 helmets this fall ... What do you think? �� pic.twitter.com/XXqvNDPU7N

— Stadium (@Stadium) June 17, 2020

[Reply]
jdubya 12:49 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Antonio Brown says he will get back to you
[Reply]
eDave 12:51 PM 06-18-2020
I can dig that. Post apocalyptic for sure. Get SpaceX involved and vacuum seal the entire uniform and put some oxygen tanks in there. Mechwarriors.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:52 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
There are ways the NFL can create a virtual bubble for its players, coaches, officials, etc. that isn't as extreme as the NBA's bubble location in Orlando.

Restrict who they can come in contact with outside of football activities such as practice/games/travel, restrict where they can go during this time, etc.

It won't be perfect, but it is a realistic risk mitigation strategy that can be sustained over the duration of a regular season/postseason.
My concern is what happens when a player catches it. It's almost a certainty. Or even worse, what if a team has a breakout? Does the team just forfeit any games they have to skip because they can't field a team?

It's gonna be iffy at best.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:57 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My concern is what happens when a player catches it. It's almost a certainty. Or even worse, what if a team has a breakout? Does the team just forfeit any games they have to skip because they can't field a team?

Exactly. And what if it痴 star players who get it and have to miss 2 or 3 games?

Example: Mahomes and Tyeeek get it, and have to miss critical game against the Ravens and Titans.

This season has the potential to be crazy if they play.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:02 PM 06-18-2020

The concern should be all the old coaches like ours. If Reid got it he might not make it.
[Reply]
eDave 01:03 PM 06-18-2020
Player X is inactive and under Covid protocol. Listed as day-to-day.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:14 PM 06-18-2020

I知 not worried at all if a player gets it. Average age of death from Covid in US: 80

These guys are young and in the best shape of their lives, which means their immune systems are among the strongest in the country.

Need to worry about Andy and a few others obviously, but players?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:17 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I知 not worried at all if a player gets it. Average age of death from Covid in US: 80

These guys are young and in the best shape of their lives, which means their immune systems are among the strongest in the country.

The issue is contagiousness. If one player gets it, chances are the whole team has to shut down for a bit while they see if others have caught it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:19 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I知 not worried about them dying. I知 worried about them missing critical games.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:22 PM 06-18-2020
Then get the boys together. Expose them to it. Let them be sick in July not during the season.

Thank me later. Dr. Hoover
[Reply]
Page 41 of 74
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up