ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 163
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:53 PM 11-10-2010
3 days...can't wait.

My pops and I are heading to my grandpa's as usual...gonna be a great time.

We saw quite a few big bucks on his land when we scouted so I'm hopeful of taking a monster.
[Reply]
philfree 05:12 PM 11-10-2010
I just got back from SD. I had a great hunting experience and my dogs grew a little. Call and Gus both locked down a rooster or two and for young inexperinced dogs they made me proud. This is their second year and holding a rooster ain't easy when it's warm out.

We hunt over by Fairfax and stay at a place called the Border Creek Lodge.
I shot my first Prairie Chickens on this trip. This palce has a good population of Chicken's.

The guide shot a 5x7 Whitetail while we were kicking back after a day of birds.

It was awsome!

PhilFree:-)
[Reply]
Fish 10:15 PM 11-13-2010
Great day for hunting. We slaughtered some birds today. 41 bird in the group. I bagged out and then some...

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:33 PM 11-13-2010
Originally Posted by KC Fish:
Well hell... you'll just be right down the road. I'll be in Colby. Hunting right near Oakley. Some damn good country out there. For pheasant at least.

Good luck bud.
Damn Fish, that's right up the road from me.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Fish 10:43 AM 12-14-2010
Well.... after freezing my ass off in 60mph wind on Saturday, I bagged a 10 point buck. He had a couple broken tines on one side, but otherwise a really good looking deer. Big ol bastard. Surprised I hit the damn thing as bad as the wind was blowing. It was hard to keep steady at all.

Didn't see as many deer this year as I did last year.

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:29 AM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by KC Fish:
Well.... after freezing my ass off in 60mph wind on Saturday, I bagged a 10 point buck. He had a couple broken tines on one side, but otherwise a really good looking deer. Big ol bastard. Surprised I hit the damn thing as bad as the wind was blowing. It was hard to keep steady at all.

Didn't see as many deer this year as I did last year.

Nice big body on that one! Congrats, always good to be rewarded after freezing your ass off...
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 11:33 AM 12-14-2010
nice rack, Fish.
[Reply]
boogblaster 11:44 AM 12-14-2010
Buddies came in sat nite went sunday didnt get anything but they got a nice 10 pointer last weekend and a decent doe ... guess theyll be bak for the extended doe season in Jan ....
[Reply]
Brianfo 06:44 PM 12-25-2010
Awesome muzzy hunt. I put the finishing touches on a monster whitetail that I have been hunting all fall. Saw him bed down last Wednesday night and put a stalk on him to within 30 yds. Made what I thought was a questionable shot of him running straight up a hill away from me. All I had to shoot at was his butt or his back. Chose to try and shoot him in the shoulders. Long story short, I knew that I hit him and had some blood. Backed off that night
and went back at daylight the next day to try and find him. My father came down to help me look for him. I picked up his blood trail and he only went about 300 yards from where I had shot him. This is where the story gets a little crazy. He is a monster 12 pointer that is perfectly uniform. His brow tines are 11" and 11.5" long. No bull. Here is where the heartbreak begins. He had an obvious wound from shotgun season in his back-end. When my father and I went to load him in the truck, half of his rack come off just like a shed. The stress from the shotgun wound had him about ready to shed. While I am ecstatic about harvesting a buck of this magnitude, I am also heart broken. I have been told that he is not admissable to be scored for entry into the Boone and Crockett record book. A friend and I rough scored him green and there is no question that he would go top 5 ALL-TIME for a typical whitetail kill in Iowa. I have called the local DNR Conservation officer and have not had a call back yet. I understand with the holidays, but am wanting some answers on what to do about this deer.

My taxidermist says that she can fix it no-problem and make it look like new. I will probably need to talk to someone that can give me some answers from Boone and Crockett. Sorry for the ramble and long story, but it has been a crazy couple days.

I am asking for advice from the hunters on the board.

Iowanian, you out there or have any input??
[Reply]
black angus 10:38 PM 12-25-2010
There was a monster whitetail living in a milo patch of mine all summer. A young man shot
him with a bow and arrow a week before rifle season opened up in Ks. He was a 17 pointer , and the antlers measured 219 inches. My nephew was disappointed because he had a rifle permit and we'd been targeting this guy. Unfortunately for my nephew this deer wandered off my ground when I cut the milo.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:56 AM 01-08-2011
Any LUV on the planet for hunting Coyotes?
I am really impressed at how predators attack this MOJO decoy. great vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNAt4...eature=related
[Reply]
Gonzo 10:51 PM 01-29-2011
A rant:

As most of you are well aware, I'm an avid hunter. Today was the last day of Pheasant hunting for me for the season and I have a little bit of a rant...

I'm a very ethical hunter, by this I mean I'm not one of those guys that goes to game farms and blows the hell out of pen raised birds. I do it the right way and always have. I hunt wild birds with 2 dogs that are of the same blood line of our original brittany from 1974.
I was out this morning at 8:00 on some public land, tracking through snow and ice and thick cover until 3:00. I was hunting with my father as I have for 26 years now. We didn't have every guy in the county with us walking fields to cover every square inch and not give the birds any chance.
While we were walking these fields, several douchebags in trucks pulled over and let us do the work while they waited for any birds we might push out of the field so they could blow it away on the side of the road.
Road hunters, ladies and gentleman. They are the worst, most unethical hunters and they give all of us real hunters a bad image. I hate them all and every time I see it, I pray for an accidental weapons discharge that takes off toes or other limbs.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
philfree 10:59 PM 01-29-2011
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
A rant:

As most of you are well aware, I'm an avid hunter. Today was the last day of Pheasant hunting for me for the season and I have a little bit of a rant...

I'm a very ethical hunter, by this I mean I'm not one of those guys that goes to game farms and blows the hell out of pen raised birds. I do it the right way and always have. I hunt wild birds with 2 dogs that are of the same blood line of our original brittany from 1974.
I was out this morning at 8:00 on some public land, tracking through snow and ice and thick cover until 3:00. I was hunting with my father as I have for 26 years now. We didn't have every guy in the county with us walking fields to cover every square inch and not give the birds any chance.
While we were walking these fields, several douchebags in trucks pulled over and let us do the work while they waited for any birds we might push out of the field so they could blow it away on the side of the road.Road hunters, ladies and gentleman. They are the worst, most unethical hunters and they give all of us real hunters a bad image. I hate them all and every time I see it, I pray for an accidental weapons discharge that takes off toes or other limbs.
Posted via Mobile Device
I've never seen anyone do that. You should have peppered their azz!

[Reply]
Gonzo 11:11 PM 01-29-2011
Originally Posted by philfree:
I've never seen anyone do that. You should have peppered their azz!

It was so tempting man. There's just no excuse for that behavior.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
philfree 11:32 PM 01-29-2011
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
It was so tempting man. There's just no excuse for that behavior.
Posted via Mobile Device
If you don't mind me asking where are/were you hunting at? It's late season so that's why I ask.

Need an English Setter?

PhilFree
:-)
[Reply]
Page 63 of 163
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113 > Last »
Up