ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 163
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:41 AM 09-27-2014
Originally Posted by rockymtnchief:
You'll probably need help!:-)
That's what I was thinking. :-) Shane is up there wolf hunting right now and has been for 4 days. He has 2 more days to get it done, no luck so far other than hearing a lot of them and seeing tracks.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 08:51 AM 09-27-2014
Originally Posted by Bwana:
That's what I was thinking. :-) Shane is up there wolf hunting right now and has been for 4 days. He has 2 more days to get it done, no luck so far other than hearing a lot of them and seeing tracks.
I haven't heard of any around WSS lately. Maybe they're finally getting manageable?
[Reply]
btlook1 07:54 PM 09-28-2014
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I had some pretty cool pics on my latest card pull. I will share one or two.
nice photo!!
[Reply]
btlook1 07:59 PM 09-28-2014
Going to try and attach two of them, Put the cam out last Sunday afternoon and swapped cards this Sunday....One really nice buck and another with him the 2nd visit. Don't mind the dates/times I completely forgot to set them on the camera this year. Several good pics of the 1st one but wanted to show his width.
Attached: PICT0012.jpg (82.2 KB) PICT0019.jpg (80.8 KB) 
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:01 PM 09-30-2014
I know one of you will jump on this......

http://forum.snipershide.com/optics-...0x-sniper.html
[Reply]
btlook1 09:40 PM 10-11-2014
Been seeing these two on a regular basis this last week only on cam....only coming around at night.....bought a bow tag today!! One is a pretty nice ten not sure on the other haven't gotten a real good pic of him yet.
Attached: PICT0077.jpg (78.4 KB) PICT0083.jpg (78.9 KB) PICT0265.jpg (79.2 KB) 
[Reply]
ghak99 04:24 PM 10-13-2014
If any of you guys are looking to pick up some deer scent products, Bust A Buck Deer Lures is running a 30% off prerut sale until the end of October. Just use the coupon code "prerut" and you shoud be good to go.

[Reply]
Jerm 04:38 PM 10-13-2014
My father in law just got done showing me some pics of a 6x6 bruiser he keeps having come around his land....buck fever already lol....
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:51 PM 10-31-2014
Any of you pheasant hunt? Going with my 76 year old grandpa Sunday and Monday in northern mo. South Dakota is just too far for him now.
[Reply]
ghak99 08:01 PM 10-31-2014
There hasn't been what I would call a huntable population of pheasants here for years. I know where 3-4 spend most of their time, but I cant bring myself to go shoot them with anything but a lens.

I really miss putting one on the plate though. :-)
[Reply]
mesmith31 08:04 PM 10-31-2014
I'm not much of a Turkey Hunter, but I went to a a startup function called One Million Cups up here in Des Moines and a couple of guys were doing a launch for their new product called Turkey Fan. It looks a bit like an umbrella designed to look like a turkey. The guy stated it took his success rate with turkey hunts from 20% to 90%+. You can see their video here:

http://www.turkeyfan.com/
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:27 PM 10-31-2014
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Any of you pheasant hunt? Going with my 76 year old grandpa Sunday and Monday in northern mo. South Dakota is just too far for him now.
Hunting has been awful the last 3 years because of the ridiculous drought. I'm seeing more in the fields but it is going to take a long time to get the population back.
[Reply]
tooge 10:59 PM 10-31-2014
Yeah, as much as it would suck for towns like Russell, KS, they need to shut pheasant hunting back to 2 bird limits for a few years like they did ducks 20 years ago
[Reply]
Gonzo 11:01 AM 11-01-2014
Went pheasant hunting yesterday for the first time this season, (I usually go every weekend, work had me busy on opening day).
Anywho... The good news is the cover in NE is thicker than I've ever seen it which has caused a huge increase in bird population. I saw at least 30 huge roosters yesterday and 20 hens. I have a self imposed limit of two birds per trip, as does my dad.
He and I got our four in just a few hours.
The bad news is said increase has caused the douchebags to come out in force. They line up, (with no dogs) and walk a field. Usually I see 7-10 assholes doing this and they shoot at everything wether it's in range or not. One douche threw out three rounds at a bird in under 2 seconds, missing all three since the bird was 60+ yards away.
I can't stand it when these unethical fucksticks do this. This practice should be illegal. And then they have the gall to yell at me for hunting a tree-line with my dogs that evidently they were planning on "hunting."

They actually yelled that we cut them off. Fuck, I was there first, go fuck yourself.

I'm hunting private land from now on.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:38 AM 11-01-2014
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Went pheasant hunting yesterday for the first time this season, (I usually go every weekend, work had me busy on opening day).
Anywho... The good news is the cover in NE is thicker than I've ever seen it which has caused a huge increase in bird population. I saw at least 30 huge roosters yesterday and 20 hens. I have a self imposed limit of two birds per trip, as does my dad.
He and I got our four in just a few hours.
The bad news is said increase has caused the douchebags to come out in force. They line up, (with no dogs) and walk a field. Usually I see 7-10 assholes doing this and they shoot at everything wether it's in range or not. One douche threw out three rounds at a bird in under 2 seconds, missing all three since the bird was 60+ yards away.
I can't stand it when these unethical ****sticks do this. This practice should be illegal. And then they have the gall to yell at me for hunting a tree-line with my dogs that evidently they were planning on "hunting."

They actually yelled that we cut them off. ****, I was there first, go **** yourself.

I'm hunting private land from now on.
Got to love the assholes....
My grandpas got a friend with a farm somewhere near st joe I think. Taking his 9 year old Brittany and my three year old for his first hunt. Wish I would have had him out sooner but family and life happens. Here in north east ok here just are no pheasant and there's something like 1.1 quail per sq mile . I've got to drive to kansas or western ok to hunt. I'm ready to get after I though it will be my first bird hunt in 4 years.
[Reply]
Page 113 of 163
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123 > Last »
Up