ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2052 of 3903
« First < 1052155219522002204220482049205020512052 205320542055205620622102215225523052 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 11:43 AM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And Mark Cuban is thinking about running for President one day. Is it not hard to take what he says serious?

Just about everybody has their agenda.
mark cuban is thinking about running for president THIS YEAR.

isnt it probably a little late for that?
[Reply]
Monticore 11:45 AM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Here is the thing. Some are arguing it was ALWAYS the plan, not something that evolved.
It is possible, it is also possible if they would have said it was the plan from the start people would not have complied and we would be in worst shape right now.

I use similar technique with my kids sometimes for their own best interest.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:47 AM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
you argue both sides just to be a miserable fuck, dont you?
Sorry, but Donger reverses course with the regularity of a bumper car at the county fair.

Which is exactly what him saying "cases are dropping" when that isn't an objectively correct statement since a) we don't know how many fatalities are attributable to C-19 since there's no testing and b) there isn't enough testing to say with anywhere near statistical certainty that all current cases of C-19 have been identified and c) measuring the rate of case growth is not objective since you can simply change the period of time in which case growth is being measured within.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:52 AM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It is possible, it is also possible if they would have said it was the plan from the start people would not have complied and we would be in worst shape right now.

I use similar technique with my kids sometimes for their own best interest.
It was it is now, but at least own it.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:53 AM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Sorry, but Donger reverses course with the regularity of a bumper car at the county fair.

Which is exactly what him saying "cases are dropping" when that isn't an objectively correct statement since a) we don't know how many fatalities are attributable to C-19 since there's no testing and b) there isn't enough testing to say with anywhere near statistical certainty that all current cases of C-19 have been identified and c) measuring the rate of case growth is not objective since you can simply change the period of time in which case growth is being measured within.
The fact that hospital capacity is not being overrun by an exponential growth in new cases is an objective measure.

There is now an excess supply of ventilators throughout the country.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:55 AM 05-14-2020
you argue both sides just to be a miserable fuck, dont you?
You notice he doesn’t talk Chiefs football on here anymore? Wonder why...
[Reply]
Donger 11:56 AM 05-14-2020

None of which is known.

New cases ARE tested, and those are dropping. And that is completely objective.

You don't get to just ignore actual data because it doesn't fit your doomsday scenario.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:57 AM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The fact that hospital capacity is not being overrun by an exponential growth in new cases is an objective measure.

There is now an excess supply of ventilators throughout the country.
It's because when it is all said and done, and we look back on it. We will look at it as another Flu like seasonal bug. (again for people under 50)

I highly doubt an effective vaccine will ever be made.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:57 AM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
It was it is now, but at least own it.
I agree if that was the initial plan just say it and why you did it , I am big on transparency , but it is possible they miscalculated as well.

The odds of multiple world leaders to agree and a such a plan would be difficult , but multiple countries coming to the same conclusion using the same data seems more realistic.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:00 PM 05-14-2020
mark cuban is thinking about running for president THIS YEAR.

isnt it probably a little late for that?
He can’t do it in the future as well? It’s now or never?

Why the fuck is it so hard to say that maybe guys like Musk and Cuban both have their agendas? Why do we only have to believe that the people wanting to open up do?

This is where I get very frustrated. I’m in the middle on this issue, but both sides are so fucking hard headed it is unbelievable.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:07 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
None of which is known.

New cases ARE tested, and those are dropping. And that is completely objective.

You don't get to just ignore actual data because it doesn't fit your doomsday scenario.
Pointing out that data isn't exhaustive = ignoring data. Got it.

:-)

In a related story:

"ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccination prevents SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia in rhesus macaques"
[Reply]
Donger 12:15 PM 05-14-2020
Pointing out that data isn't exhaustive = ignoring data. Got it.

:-)

In a related story:

"ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccination prevents SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia in rhesus macaques"
Considering that you apparently know that new cases are declining based on actual data, and you say it isn't happening, yes. You're ignoring it.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:39 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He can’t do it in the future as well? It’s now or never?

Why the **** is it so hard to say that maybe guys like Musk and Cuban both have their agendas? Why do we only have to believe that the people wanting to open up do?

This is where I get very frustrated. I’m in the middle on this issue, but both sides are so ****ing hard headed it is unbelievable.
Right. There is a middle ground here and that's the best course of action IMO.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:41 PM 05-14-2020

[Reply]
staylor26 12:43 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Right. There is a middle ground here and that's the best course of action IMO.
I’m a firm believer that life is complicated and there are always problems that don’t have a perfect solution (most political issues for example). You get 2 sides that are convinced their side is right and then it becomes tribal. The truth or the best solution is almost always somewhere in the middle.
[Reply]
Page 2052 of 3903
« First < 1052155219522002204220482049205020512052 205320542055205620622102215225523052 > Last »
Up