ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 386
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
listopencil 06:35 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He'll be bothered by the fact that he's been boning his aunt.

She'll be bothered by the fact that HE'S THE FUCKING KING.
His character is pragmatic enough to make it work. He really doesn't want to be in charge. As long as she didn't go all Mad Queen on him I think they'd be fine. I'd be more worried about how the leaders of the houses feel about him being a Targ.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:53 PM 08-28-2017
I found this:

Definition of consanguinity

In clinical genetics, a consanguineous marriage is defined as a union between two individuals who are related as second cousins or closer, with the inbreeding coefficient (F) equal or higher than 0.0156 (Bittles 2001), where (F) represents a measure of the proportion of loci at which the offspring of a consanguineous union is expected to inherit identical gene copies from both parents. This includes unions termed first cousins, first cousins once removed and second cousins. In some communities, the highest inbreeding coefficients are reached with unions between double first cousins practiced among Arabs and uncle–niece marriages practiced in South India where (F) reaches 0.125 (Hamamy et al. 2011) [Fig. 2].

https://tinyurl.com/hsqavhm

But then Jaime and Cersei are siblings. Shouldn't Cersei's latest kid have three heads or something? How many of her kids were Jaime's?
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:00 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by KCtotheSB:
Ditto all of this.

Littlefinger's reaction to being called out for murder and treason was priceless.
Can't believe Littlefinger is gone, but entering its final season, the show is going to be rich with battles vs the undead and less to-do with back-alley dealings.

It was time for him to go.
Is the whole season going to be vs the undead? If there are only 6 episodes they still have to settle the game of thrones. Then tie up all the loose story lines - Sam/Gilly, Cersi, Jamie, north lords, stark kids, Varys, Melissandra, Hound. That's a lot of shit. So if it takes most of an episode to wrap shit up that leaves 5 to beat NK and Cersi.

I'm thinking Night King eats shit by ep 3. Either that or dany turns back to rape Cersi.

Originally Posted by Detoxing:
So i guess im one of the only one's a little underwhelmed by the season finale.

There was no moment in which i was like, "no ****ing way i can't believe that happened".
Those are typically the second to last episodes. And if we hadn't seen it coming from 50 miles away the wall would have been an oh shit moment.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:11 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If the NK is this baller-ass zombie master, they should fan out as soon as they clear the wall and he should essentially ride in the vanguard with his dragon in the rear.

We probably have, what, 8 of those White Walkers left? And let's just say 100K of the walking dead. So he sends 10K per with ihs 7 remaining 'generals' and keeps 30K and the dragon back in reserve around him. So getting to him is pretty damn tough in its own right.

And now you have a 'viral' effect of a spread out army that can continue to reinforce itself via reanimating its dead.
I was thinking distance would create an issue, but the Kings Landing scene shot that in the face.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:08 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Hawk:
At the end of the day, there's NO WAY that Tyrion would make a deal with Cersei to betray Dany.
I edited my comment above with speculation I put in spoilers because it's an off-the-wall musing that might angry up some people to even consider.

But in response to your assessment, I'll add that while I agree betrayal is unlikely, brokering or intercession isn't unimaginable.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:16 PM 08-28-2017
Supposedly, in almost every Littlefinger scene in this last season you can hear a bunch of ravens cawing in the background.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:23 AM 08-29-2017
Littlefinger wheels and deals so well his next life he wheels and deals into the mayor of Baltimore.
[Reply]
bowener 07:00 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I found this:

Definition of consanguinity

In clinical genetics, a consanguineous marriage is defined as a union between two individuals who are related as second cousins or closer, with the inbreeding coefficient (F) equal or higher than 0.0156 (Bittles 2001), where (F) represents a measure of the proportion of loci at which the offspring of a consanguineous union is expected to inherit identical gene copies from both parents. This includes unions termed first cousins, first cousins once removed and second cousins. In some communities, the highest inbreeding coefficients are reached with unions between double first cousins practiced among Arabs and uncle–niece marriages practiced in South India where (F) reaches 0.125 (Hamamy et al. 2011) [Fig. 2].

https://tinyurl.com/hsqavhm

But then Jaime and Cersei are siblings. Shouldn't Cersei's latest kid have three heads or something? How many of her kids were Jaime's?
If Cersei lives long enough I'm calling that she gives birth to a dwarf, and that Jamie ultimately kills her for the good of the people (and himself). He will have twice killed a sitting ruler and both times to rid the world of a power hungry monster. And did the Hound mean he was the one coming for his brother or is there some other thing coming for him?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:04 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
So does he straight up tell the Starkgaryen's about the mercenaries and just completely turn his back on his sister?
They could go so many ways with that story line. Danerys and the second sons are still in control of multiple rich cities. Why cant she offer more gold, land, power to the mercs to set up Cersi and Euron?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:06 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Why did they have Rheagar give both of his sons the same name?

I didn't understand that either..

Have they mentioned baby-bashed-head Aegon's name in the show? If not, this might just be a similar situation to renaming Asha/Yara. But who fucking knows..

Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I wonder how far Jamie will go. That's about my favorite part of the episode, him finally fucking leaving his sister, instead of this wishy-washy shit the show his done for years. He's finally at the point on TV where he should have been 3 or 4 years ago. And he can finally start to redeem himself the way he'd started to when he saved Brienne.

So does he straight up tell the Starkgaryen's about the mercenaries and just completely turn his back on his sister?

Something cool about that scene: in the books, when he throws Cersei's pleading letter in the flames, he noticed the first snowfall in the Riverlands. In the show, when he finally says "fuck you" to Cersei, he notices the first snowfall over King's Landing (that was a beautiful scene, by the way).

I thought that was a nice nod to book readers.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:08 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by bowener:
And did the Hound mean he was the one coming for his brother or is there some other thing coming for him?
If a giant zombie kills the mountain instead of us getting Cleagne bowl, I'll be pissed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:12 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Supposedly, in almost every Littlefinger scene in this last season you can hear a bunch of ravens cawing in the background.
If true, that would be an impressive Easter egg.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:17 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If a giant zombie kills the mountain instead of us getting Cleagne bowl, I'll be pissed.
What if the Hound gets killed and turns into an ice zombie (via the NK) and Ice Zombie Hound kills Regular Zombie the Mountain?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:17 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Why did they have Rheagar give both of his sons the same name?
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I didn't understand that either..
When you have powerful prophecy riding on your naming decisions, you might tend to hedge your bets.
[Reply]
SuperChief 09:34 AM 08-29-2017
Anyone remember the witch that told young Cersei her future? Didn't she mention the fact that Cersei would have THREE children (and all would die)? If I'm remembering this correctly, wouldn't this have implications for this FOURTH child?
[Reply]
Page 120 of 386
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Up