ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 433 of 460
« First < 333383423429430431432433 434435436437443 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Brody Wa 09:01 PM 05-21-2023
I would be ok with the Liv tour if they showed it on tv. DJ, Deshanbeu, Keopka and Mickelson are my favorite players along with Bubba Watson. By the way, what happened to Bubba Watson?
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:08 PM 05-21-2023
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
I would be ok with the Liv tour if they showed it on tv. DJ, Deshanbeu, Keopka and Mickelson are my favorite players along with Bubba Watson. By the way, what happened to Bubba Watson?
LIV is on the CW. A few weeks ago, the LIV tournament went to a playoff hole and most of the CW stations bailed to go to regularly scheduled programming.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:10 PM 05-21-2023

While Michael Block’s 2023 #PGAChamp chapter has come to an end, his story is just getting started.

He’ll be at Colonial Country Club next week for the Charles Schwab Challenge. pic.twitter.com/vfdkTjmb2v

— PGA Championship (@PGAChampionship) May 21, 2023

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:25 PM 05-21-2023
Such a great story! I was really pulling for him to make that putt on 18
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:53 PM 05-21-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I must have just imagined the golf establishment journalists ripping the LIV and its golfers to shreds last year talking about how they weren’t playing real tournament golf and shouldn’t get OWGR points or exemptions to majors as a result.
Name one other tour that gets rankings points for 54 hole invitationals.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:18 PM 05-21-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Name one other tour that gets rankings points for 54 hole invitationals.
Originally Posted by :
In Wednesday, the governing board of the Official World Golf Ranking sent out a press release announcing a new golf tour that plays 54-hole events is set for inclusion in the OWGR system in 2023. If LIV Golf players and executives felt a momentary sense of excitement upon seeing the release, it was just that—momentary—after reading the fine print.

The board revealed that the tour being added is the Gira de Golf Professional de Mexicana, a five-year-old developmental circuit supported by the Mexican Golf Federation that has previously run tournaments in conjunction with the PGA Tour Latinoamerica.

“This is a significant milestone for golf and OWGR is deeply encouraged by the achievement and the continued efforts in the advancement of the sport of golf in Mexico," said OWGR chairman Peter Dawson. "We look forward to watching the progress of Gira de Golf Professional de Mexicana as it continues to play a key role in the development of players from the region.”
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/owg...liv-golf-waits

The PGA Tour is also looking more and more like LIV all the time by design (they've instituted an entire schedule full of cut-less, short field tournaments for the best players in 2024 to keep them around) and I can guarantee they'll maintain their OWGR point status.

All of these entities (PGA Tour, Euro Tour, USGA, R&A, PGA, OWGR) are in bed with each other and that's the only real reason LIV hasn't gotten what they've asked for to this point.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:30 PM 05-21-2023
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/owg...liv-golf-waits

The PGA Tour is also looking more and more like LIV all the time by design (they've instituted an entire schedule full of cut-less, short field tournaments for the best players in 2024 to keep them around) and I can guarantee they'll maintain their OWGR point status.

All of these entities (PGA Tour, Euro Tour, USGA, R&A, PGA, OWGR) are in bed with each other and that's the only real reason LIV hasn't gotten what they've asked for to this point.
That's not an Invitational. That's a feeder tour you need to qualify for.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:32 PM 05-21-2023
Here's the part you neglected to post for some reason:

Official Gira de Golf tournaments are conducted over 54 holes but have 36-hole cuts, something LIV events don’t currently have. The lack of a cut has been cited by officials connected with the OWGR review process as a possible stumbling block in LIV’s application for OWGR status.

The OWGR release also noted that players have access to official Gira de Golf tournaments through an annual open qualifying process and that the tour provides opportunities for local and regional players to compete. “As such, the Gira de Golf Professional de Mexicana is in keeping with long-standing OWGR Eligibility and Format Criteria providing inclusion for professional tours at the development level with available Ranking Points commensurate with the format and anticipated fields.”

Open qualifying and opportunities to progress to full tour membership are considered criteria needed for tours to gain OWGR inclusion and something LIV is seen as lacking. LIV Golf’s "relegation plan" is meant to remedy this, but it’s hardly an open system when some players are exempt from the process.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:46 PM 05-21-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Here's the part you neglected to post for some reason:

Official Gira de Golf tournaments are conducted over 54 holes but have 36-hole cuts, something LIV events don’t currently have. The lack of a cut has been cited by officials connected with the OWGR review process as a possible stumbling block in LIV’s application for OWGR status.

The OWGR release also noted that players have access to official Gira de Golf tournaments through an annual open qualifying process and that the tour provides opportunities for local and regional players to compete. “As such, the Gira de Golf Professional de Mexicana is in keeping with long-standing OWGR Eligibility and Format Criteria providing inclusion for professional tours at the development level with available Ranking Points commensurate with the format and anticipated fields.”

Open qualifying and opportunities to progress to full tour membership are considered criteria needed for tours to gain OWGR inclusion and something LIV is seen as lacking. LIV Golf’s "relegation plan" is meant to remedy this, but it’s hardly an open system when some players are exempt from the process.
Except you're ignoring that the PGA Tour has effectively become LIV themselves in instituting an entire schedule of no cut events with 50 player fields.

Nearly the entire justification for limiting LIV is falling away with every decision they make.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:49 PM 05-21-2023
It's too bad Brooks is a colossal dbag. So weird though, he sucks unless he's in a major. Baffling.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:51 AM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It's too bad Brooks is a colossal dbag. So weird though, he sucks unless he's in a major. Baffling.
I was shocked to see Viktor chatting him up around 15. I'm like wtf could he possible have to say to Koepka at this moment. I thought it was a good sign he was loose, but then he drilled that ball into the side of the bunker and it was game over.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:49 AM 05-22-2023
For a league some dummy called a bunch of "broke-dicks and has-beens" they sure have played well in the first 2 majors. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 06:49 AM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
Block with a hole in one :-). Guy is living a fairy tale.
That was like God came down and cast the ball in the hole. Just impossible to believe the whole thing was real the way it played out for him.

If you weren't moved when he sunk that putt on 18, you have no soul.
[Reply]
scho63 06:59 AM 05-22-2023
Many guys on the PGA Tour are entitled, snobby douchebags.

I've had great interactions with most of the PGA golfers I've met at the tournaments but there are those 10-15% that are just insufferable assholes.

Paul Azinger is one. That fucker can go fuck himself with a fucking fuck stick. Met him in the lunch room at Grand Cypress in Florida and he was the biggest jerkoff athlete I ever met. He also tossed a golf buddy of mine off the driving range about 15 years ago during a practice round for taking pictures and getting autographs. Guy has bad rap.

Great guys I've interacted with are Gary Player, Nick Faldo, ( I made him and his caddie laugh at Pebble Beach 100th U.S. Open}, Ian Woosnam was a great guy to everyone including giving out stuff to kids on every hole, old timer Doug Sanders at a US Senior Open at Ridgewood Country Club where I also interacted with Player.

Going to practice rounds allow minor interactions.
[Reply]
scho63 07:03 AM 05-22-2023
I've never seen two golfers in the same bunker in nearly the exact spot both shank the ball and drive it up under the lip of the bunker in the almost exact same spot.

That was fucking freaky and cost Hovland any chance to win.
[Reply]
Page 433 of 460
« First < 333383423429430431432433 434435436437443 > Last »
Up