ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 333 of 460
« First < 233283323329330331332333 334335336337343383433 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 10:01 PM 04-10-2016
Originally Posted by stonedstooge:
Splash, splash
Just brutal. That second one looked like something I would hit. Ouch.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:04 PM 04-10-2016
Really sad, but he got two majors before any real heartbreak. Think about all of those moments Norman endured to win only two, and never at Augusta.

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is commit to a shot when you don't trust your swing, and it happened to him twice on 12.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:58 PM 04-10-2016
Spieth was a relative mess all week other than his short game. It didn't surprise me that he eventually faltered, but the way that he did it was pretty incredible.

That's five straight top 4 finishes in majors, so I'm sure he'll be right back at it at Oakmont. Better have his swing figured out by then, though.
[Reply]
O.city 08:01 AM 04-11-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Really sad, but he got two majors before any real heartbreak. Think about all of those moments Norman endured to win only two, and never at Augusta.

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is commit to a shot when you don't trust your swing, and it happened to him twice on 12.
I know he explained it away, but I didn't understand the drop he took after the first water ball.

Or first, why he's trying to hit a cut into that pin in the first place
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:03 AM 04-11-2016
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Spieth looks like he just wants to dig a hole and jump into it.
Unless it was filled with water, he would probably miss his jump.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:18 PM 04-11-2016

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:34 PM 04-11-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
I know he explained it away, but I didn't understand the drop he took after the first water ball.

Or first, why he's trying to hit a cut into that pin in the first place
1) Probably a combination of panic and liking his yardage and angle better than what he had from the drop zone.

Having a five shot lead and going bogey-bogey-drink would throw anyone into a tailspin.

2) Tried to get too cute. The play on 12 is to accept hitting it in the back bunker instead of trying to throw one in tight. There just isn't enough space.

He's still a great player and he'll likely win several more majors, but it's the law of averages balancing things out a little bit. How many other guys double bogey the 71st hole in the US Open and then have their competitor three putt from eight feet to hand them the trophy? With as fortunate as he was last year something like this was bound to happen.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 08:28 AM 06-19-2016
So, can Lowry finish it off today? I tend to think he'll come back to the pack at some point. The pressure and the course are just to much.

I'd love to see the old war horse Westwood win one.
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:26 PM 06-19-2016
Koepka having great day
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:03 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
So, can Lowry finish it off today? I tend to think he'll come back to the pack at some point. The pressure and the course are just to much.

I'd love to see the old war horse Westwood win one.
Lee Westwood is the chokingest bitch in the history of chokingest bitches.

This seems like the kind of major that a decent, but not great player wins. Broken up by weather, the course playing much easier than it normally does, and great players not playing well.

Overall, this has been a really disappointing US Open, much in the vein of the last two.

I just am not a fan of the Mike Davis US Open setups.
[Reply]
tk13 02:21 PM 06-19-2016
None of the big names near the top really have a reputation as a closer. Dustin Johnson, Westwood, and now Furyk and Sergio are making a charge. Lowry's got a good shot at this if he just plays steady.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 02:34 PM 06-19-2016

This seems like the kind of major that a decent, but not great player wins. Broken up by weather, the course playing much easier than it normally does, and great players not playing well.

Overall, this has been a really disappointing US Open, much in the vein of the last two.

Sure he's a choker. So is Johnson, Speith and many others.

I'd still like to see someone who's been so close so many times finally finish one off. :-)
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 02:36 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by tk13:
None of the big names near the top really have a reputation as a closer. Dustin Johnson, Westwood, and now Furyk and Sergio are making a charge. Lowry's got a good shot at this if he just plays steady.
DJ's amazing. He bombs it way down the fairway, then hits a mediocre-to-bad wedge and makes par.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 02:39 PM 06-19-2016

Also, this open is as good as any other. Maybe you're just disappointed that Tiger, Phil, Rory, and many of the other big names aren't in it.

The golf itself is classic US Open golf.
[Reply]
tk13 02:59 PM 06-19-2016
FOX is only showing the top 3 in the bottom corner, but with Lowry coming back and Johnson in 2nd, all those guys at -1 are still in it.
[Reply]
Page 333 of 460
« First < 233283323329330331332333 334335336337343383433 > Last »
Up