ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 28
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine
kcbubb 10:12 PM 04-07-2021
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:12 AM 04-08-2021
It's nice to know that Josh is going to download the raw data and do his own analysis.

I've got a conspiracy-minded acquaintance who constantly says, "I don't care what the media says. I want to see the data so I can draw my own conclusions." It makes me laugh because it's ridiculous. Does he want to see and read the research papers because he doesn't trust how the media interprets them? Does he want to see the processed data because he doesn't trust how the researchers are analyzing the data? Maybe he wants to watch the shots being given because he doesn't trust how the tests are being designed and conducted? You can keep going and going and you can always find a conspiracy in the next step upstream if you want. This guy's got no analytical background at all, yet he argues that he'll draw his own conclusions "from the data". He can't even define what "from the data" means.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:17 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It's nice to know that Josh is going to download the raw data and do his own analysis.

I've got a conspiracy-minded acquaintance who constantly says, "I don't care what the media says. I want to see the data so I can draw my own conclusions." It makes me laugh because it's ridiculous. Does he want to see and read the research papers because he doesn't trust how the media interprets them? Does he want to see the processed data because he doesn't trust how the researchers are analyzing the data? Maybe he wants to watch the shots being given because he doesn't trust how the tests are being designed and conducted? You can keep going and going and you can always find a conspiracy in the next step upstream if you want. This guy's got no analytical background at all, yet he argues that he'll draw his own conclusions "from the data". He can't even define what "from the data" means.
If I had to chose between the worst neurosurgeon on the planet or the chiefs planet poster to do my brain surgery I think I would go with the shitty neurosurgeon .
At some point you need to trust somebody.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:21 AM 04-08-2021

A phrase like that usually just means they don't trust the government.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:22 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Trusted them enough to get that stimulus check and spend it though.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:24 AM 04-08-2021

I’ll only trust Patrick Mahomes opinion on this subject matter
[Reply]
Mecca 10:28 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Trusted them enough to get that stimulus check and spend it though.
Well of course, we know how this works. The internet for all the great things it's done...one of the worst things it's done has made self important dipshits think that 5 minutes on wikipedia makes them as knowledgeable as guys who are leaders in their fields.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:28 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
If I had to chose between the worst neurosurgeon on the planet or the chiefs planet poster to do my brain surgery I think I would go with the shitty neurosurgeon .
At some point you need to trust somebody.
That's my philosophy. I pay people to think about this stuff and be experts. I'm too busy being an expert at my own job and the Chiefs. I can't add a third area of expertise as a pandemic vaccination expert.

Yeah, that's his schtick. But he should just say that and move on. Instead, he puffs out his chest and talks about auditing the data himself and it's laughable. This guy's not going to sit in his house and read research reports or crunch data. He's going to get on Facebook and look at memes to draw his "research conclusions".
[Reply]
jdubya 10:29 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’ll only trust Patrick Mahomes opinion on this subject matter
His opinion will coincide with what Adidas, Oakley, Head & Shoulders, State Farm, Bose, DirecTV, Essentia Water and Electronic Arts tells him lol.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:31 AM 04-08-2021
That's my philosophy. I pay people to think about this stuff and be experts. I'm too busy being an expert at my own job and the Chiefs. I can't add a third area of expertise as a pandemic vaccination expert.

Yeah, that's his schtick. But he should just say that and move on. Instead, he puffs out his chest and talks about auditing the data himself and it's laughable. This guy's not going to sit in his house and read research reports or crunch data. He's going to get on Facebook and look at memes to draw his "research conclusions".
He's what I just mentioned, the internet has made him feel like he's super intelligent so he tries to make everyone else think that..

He's a self important twat.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:31 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
His opinion will coincide with what Adidas, Oakley, Head & Shoulders, State Farm, Bose, DirecTV, Essentia Water and Electronic Arts tells him lol.
Did you just criticize Patrick Mahomes II?

I'll warn you that my finger is hovering over the thumbs down button.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:31 AM 04-08-2021
You have to take a vaccine to save somebody else is a terrible sales pitch.

If the vaccines work well there should be no need for coercion.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:33 AM 04-08-2021
He's what I just mentioned, the internet has made him feel like he's super intelligent so he tries to make everyone else think that..

He's a self important twat.
The funny thing is that I worked with this guy as a dishwasher at a restaurant back in high school, and I was unable to convince him then that it was a bad idea to snack on the leftover food that came in on the plates.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:33 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Telling people they should do stuff for others is a bad sales pitch, we are a largely selfish bunch.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:34 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Have you been blind to the whole “Anti-Vax” movement of the last 10-20 years?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:35 AM 04-08-2021
The funny thing is that I worked with this guy as a dishwasher at a restaurant back in high school, and I was unable to convince him then that it was a bad idea to snack on the leftover food that came in on the plates.
He probably has some super disease or a brain eating amoeba, it all makes sense now.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 28
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up