ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1881 of 3903
« First < 881138117811831187118771878187918801881 188218831884188518911931198123812881 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 11:52 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You can't hide from it, Donger. Not unless you intend to live the rest of your life in a plastic bubble.
Already covered. Do you dispute what I stated?
[Reply]
petegz28 11:52 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Masks just need to become fashion accessory like a ball cap. I'm more than happy to wear my Chiefs masks around here, but I get why people wouldn't really like wearing the ones that are just black or that were made with flowery scraps of fabric that someone had wearing around the house.
I don't have a problem with masks but to be cynical a lot of reporters are wearing them for the wrong reasons.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:52 AM 05-05-2020
You can't hide from it, Donger. Not unless you intend to live the rest of your life in a plastic bubble.
Don't bother he lives in a fantasy land where it will just go away if the ENTIRE world stays inside for 2 weeks. (because that will happen)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:53 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm sure there's some of that, but there's got to be more to it.

I think the biggest thing that people probably aren't really understanding (or caring about?) is that the mask isn't there to protect the wearer - it's to protect everyone else.

A couple weeks back I walked into the grocery store. The woman in front of me in the vestibule sneezed, covering her mouth with her hand. She then placed that hand directly onto the shopping care she was using and proceeded as if nothing were out of the ordinary.

The mask would have at least HELPED that (though no one is arguing that it's 100% effective).

I can't find the article, but I remember DeWine dropping the mask requirement in Ohio because it was causing problems for employees. People were threatening violence, etc.

I'm sure you read about the security guard that was murdered because he wouldn't allow a customer inside the store unless they wore a mask.

People are selfish and uneducated.
[Reply]
O.city 11:53 AM 05-05-2020
I wear a mask 8 hours per day. Whats another 1 or 2 while out and about. It's not that big of a deal. You get used to it.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:53 AM 05-05-2020
You are exactly right. So as has been stated the entire time, the mitigation was to slow the run on the hospitals not necessarily minimize the number of people who got the infection.

If we didn't mitigate we would have had the same number of infections but probably more deaths due to lack of resources in the hospitals.
arent those curves projections at this point?

how did they change with mitigation?
[Reply]
petegz28 11:54 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
no we wouldnt.

mitigation has slowed the number of infections. its common sense.
It's almost like you aren't reading what people said. Slowed and reduced are two different things. As every fucking expert has said flattening the curve does not necessarily reduce the number of cases but strings them out. Of course there is a possibility of reduction but no one is saying that was the primary reason for it because it wasn't.
[Reply]
Donger 11:55 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Don't bother he lives in a fantasy land where it will just go away if the ENTIRE world stays inside for 2 weeks. (because that will happen)
Sure I can post it again:

Again, if everyone did stay away from other people, this would very quickly be gone. But, that's not practical or feasible.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:55 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
arent those curves projections at this point?

how did they change with mitigation?
Are you really not reading?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:56 AM 05-05-2020
I don't have a problem with masks but to be cynical a lot of reporters are wearing them for the wrong reasons.
I'll bite.

Why are they wearing them for the wrong reasons, Pete?
[Reply]
petegz28 11:57 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I'll bite.

Why are they wearing them for the wrong reasons, Pete?
Theatrics.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:57 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I wear a mask 8 hours per day. Whats another 1 or 2 while out and about. It's not that big of a deal. You get used to it.
That's because you're a reasonable, educated person.
[Reply]
Third Eye 11:58 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Love the irony that people are so angry and resentful of the 'stupidity' of others they see in social media, and meanwhile we explained a pandemic response to a populace without taking account of how many and how wide-ranging among them were ignorant of basic calc and trig concepts.
Except that has little to nothing to do with it. Of course the shape of the function doesn’t matter if you apply a constraint such that the area is the same. The question at hand is if that is a valid constraint, which it probably technically isn’t, but it might be close enough to not be significant. Also, trig has nothing to do with it at all. Yes, trig is often combined with pre-calc, but they aren’t really related concepts.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:58 AM 05-05-2020
Theatrics.
Is it theatrics that those of us that choose to wear a mask when in public do so?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:58 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I can't find the article, but I remember DeWine dropping the mask requirement in Ohio because it was causing problems for employees. People were threatening violence, etc.

I'm sure you read about the security guard that was murdered because he wouldn't allow a customer inside the store unless they wore a mask.

People are selfish and uneducated.
Don't elide that he was murdered in large part because he was rude to someone's woman in a tough part of Flint, MI.

It wasn't a heat of the moment thing, the customer denied entry returned home and the people at said home returned to that store later to smoke the security guard.
[Reply]
Page 1881 of 3903
« First < 881138117811831187118771878187918801881 188218831884188518911931198123812881 > Last »
Up