ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1874 of 3903
« First < 874137417741824186418701871187218731874 187518761877187818841924197423742874 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:21 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, that, and to also minimize total deaths. Those stem from minimizing the number of infections.

No, I haven't forgotten it at all.
This is completely wrong, I'm not going to bother giving you source because its 100% variably wrong by every expert and study that has been released.
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by The PMII Hypothesis:
That is click bait bull shit and nothing new. Not spitting venom at you for posting, but wanted the masses to know that articles all speculation and the science doesn’t add up. LA Times has to pay the bills to I guess.

Here’s a better point of view, and one that is actually all science and a great sign:

https://twitter.com/drmattmccarthy/s...666758144?s=21

UPDATE: New mutation in #coronavirus genome has been detected that mirrors a mutation in 2003 SARS outbreak which weakened that virus & slowed the epidemic. This is first sign that a similar genetic mutation could weaken coronavirus & slow the pandemic. https://t.co/8MLekloi06

— Matt McCarthy (@DrMattMcCarthy) May 5, 2020

[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:22 AM 05-05-2020
Oil should be bouncing back next week too (Pro Tip for those looking to invest)
[Reply]
kgrund 10:22 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's been a while since I took calculus, but not matter how high or how flat a curve is, isnt' the area under it the same?
Bingo!:-)
[Reply]
Donger 10:25 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
This is completely wrong, I'm not going to bother giving you source because its 100% variably wrong by every expert and study that has been released.
No, it's not wrong. If you aren't infected, you don't get sick. You don't go to the hospital. And you don't die. That was the primary goal of mitigation. To minimize the number of cases. Everything flows from that.

It was never JUST about flattening the curve, or JUST overrunning hospitals. That was just part of it.

I don't know what source you're referring to.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:25 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I'm not surprised. I think this is a direct result of allowing too much emotion to guide policy. People who regularly go to the hospital here still won't even go near it. The local movie theater, which was/is heavily subsidized, has all but said it may never reopen.

They scared the sheep so bad it did permanent damage. Anyone who dared to stop and think about the ramifications were shouted down at every step. If anything, I think this situation needed way more extremists on the other side in an attempt to slow the tide. Many of the people I would have expected to be those extremist were the first to hoard TP though, so all you could do was sit back and laugh.

Realestate agents are also noticing an interesting trend in the last few weeks. The surge in interest is coming from very specific areas codes. I damn sure would never live like rats in a cage, but I don't want the rats to flee their cages either. Many cities have dumped massive amounts of tax dollars into reviving downtown. It will be interesting to see how those areas revive their revival.

I don't consider myself a sheep and I won't go back until I feel safe. I have 2 managed comorbidities but I don't want to get infected. I even told my boss the other day I am going to work from home until I feel safe or there is a vaccine which they are good with.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:25 AM 05-05-2020
"We have the best mutations don't we folks"
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:26 AM 05-05-2020
No, it's not wrong. If you aren't infected, you don't get sick. You don't go to the hospital. And you don't die. That was the primary goal of mitigation. To minimize the number of cases. Everything flows from that.

It was never JUST about flattening the curve, or JUST overrunning hospitals. That was just part of it.

you are 100% wrong please stop talking about it.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:28 AM 05-05-2020

It is quite amazing that people forget the getting infected 1st part.
[Reply]
Donger 10:28 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
you are 100% wrong please stop talking about it.
Feel free to explain how I'm wrong about any of that. You won't, because you can't.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:28 AM 05-05-2020
Monoclonal antibody study.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:29 AM 05-05-2020
I hope this is true and it happens , I would love to argue about something else at some point.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:29 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The amazing part is you two don't seem to understand after the expert repeatedly said that the mitigation efforts were not put in place to keep the total number of infected down, but to prolong the rate of infection.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:30 AM 05-05-2020
Feel free to explain how I'm wrong about any of that. You won't, because you can't.
You're 100% wrong, the same amount of people would be infected regardless of efforts put in place. Experts have said this over and over and over again.

It's been a while since I took calculus, but not matter how high or how flat a curve is, isnt' the area under it the same?

[Reply]
ghak99 10:32 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Getting infected is unavoidable, unless you believe you can wait on a vaccine.

I suppose you could hope it kills itself off before it gets to you.
[Reply]
Page 1874 of 3903
« First < 874137417741824186418701871187218731874 187518761877187818841924197423742874 > Last »
Up