ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 392 of 460
« First < 292342382388389390391392 393394395396402442 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
BWillie 11:32 AM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by hawkchief:
Having played competitively, it’s as much or more mental exhaustion as it is physical, and the combo of the two is very real. I hope I’m wrong but I can see this being a tough day for Phil.
Having played NCAA division 2 golf in college (and being in the Top 5), the physical aspect of golf is pretty hilarious. I also played basketball in high school. The difference of the two, which one is more physically exhausting isnt even close. Nowadays most pros are in shape but it doesn't really matter a whole lot. Just look at Overland Parks own Harry Higgs lol

The only time I found golf mentally taxing was when you are on 18th trying to win a tournament and a mini gallery is watching. Poker is much more physically taxing than a golf tournament, and in golf they have caddies telling them what to do.

Edit: Poker is more MENTALLY taxing. But I feel almost just as sore & tired after a 5 hr poker session just from sitting uncomfortably in a chair than I do after a golf round.
[Reply]
philfree 12:03 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Having played NCAA division 2 golf in college (and being in the Top 5), the physical aspect of golf is pretty hilarious. I also played basketball in high school. The difference of the two, which one is more physically exhausting isnt even close. Nowadays most pros are in shape but it doesn't really matter a whole lot. Just look at Overland Parks own Harry Higgs lol

The only time I found golf mentally taxing was when you are on 18th trying to win a tournament and a mini gallery is watching. Poker is much more physically taxing than a golf tournament, and in golf they have caddies telling them what to do.
I competed at golf my whole youth which includes playing two years of college golf but it seems you and I have had a different experience. Of course I'm just a mere mortal. You must be one of the many Chiefs Planet Super Heroes with a Super Model Wife and a 18" willie.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:29 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
I competed at golf my whole youth which includes playing two years of college golf but it seems you and I have had a different experience. Of course I'm just a mere mortal. You must be one of the many Chiefs Planet Super Heroes with a Super Model Wife and a 18" willie.
I just dont get golfers try to act like its this amazing grind and such a hard thing to do. There is a reason so many ppl play golf until their 70s. Its because they can. Thats the great part of the game, its easy. Its a lifelong game. The fact that you can be 65 and smoke a 22 year old is part of the allure.

I also played baseball and basketball. I realized pretty early that I couldn't just "try hard" and be good at it. At golf the more I played the better I got. Basketball you are limited by your height, shooting ability, speed etc. Being a 5'10" it was never gonna be in the cards. You have to be in shape and have the cardiovascular stamina to be able to play bball. Anybody can stroll out of bed, even if they can barely scale a few stories of stairs and play a round of golf no problem.
[Reply]
tk13 01:13 PM 05-23-2021
Already off to a wild start. Phil lost the lead on the first hole and it looked like Streelman was going to charge, then by the 2nd hole Koepka and Streelman made mistakes and Phil jumped back in front by 2.
[Reply]
philfree 01:34 PM 05-23-2021
I just dont get golfers try to act like its this amazing grind and such a hard thing to do. There is a reason so many ppl play golf until their 70s. Its because they can. Thats the great part of the game, its easy. Its a lifelong game. The fact that you can be 65 and smoke a 22 year old is part of the allure.

I also played baseball and basketball. I realized pretty early that I couldn't just "try hard" and be good at it. At golf the more I played the better I got. Basketball you are limited by your height, shooting ability, speed etc. Being a 5'10" it was never gonna be in the cards. You have to be in shape and have the cardiovascular stamina to be able to play bball. Anybody can stroll out of bed, even if they can barely scale a few stories of stairs and play a round of golf no problem.
Yeah golf is a game for a lifetime and that's what makes it such a great game to learn when one is young. A lot of what you just posted has nothing to do with playing high level competitive golf though. I don't think anyone is just going to roll out of bed, hobble up the stairs and compete in a PGA event on any given week much less a Major Championship. With the speed of the greens and pin placements it's treacherous and if you don't want to 3 putt every green you're going to have to mentally grind.

That said it sounds like maybe you missed your calling. With your great conditioning and your calm demeanor you could easily retire at 40 with all that money you could have made. It's never to late to just roll out of bed and go calmly take a stroll on the course and kick everybody's ass. I think you should give it go. Win one tour event and you're on your way to early retirement.
[Reply]
philfree 01:45 PM 05-23-2021
That's one way to do it. :-)
[Reply]
tk13 01:46 PM 05-23-2021
Phil from the bunker. What a rollercoaster so far.
[Reply]
hawkchief 01:54 PM 05-23-2021

Hard to argue with a D-2 legend in his own mind.
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:22 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
Phil from the bunker. What a rollercoaster so far.
This back and forth is an insane battle so far!
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:24 PM 05-23-2021

And your professional debut Is when? I want be there to support you.
[Reply]
Stewie 02:46 PM 05-23-2021
This is damn fun to watch! That's all I got.
[Reply]
tk13 03:08 PM 05-23-2021
And here we go. Phil up 4 with 8 to go.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 03:11 PM 05-23-2021
Come on Phil. You can do it!!!
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:30 PM 05-23-2021
Koepka is falling apart. It's Phil's to lose now.
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:31 PM 05-23-2021
This is the best I've seen Phil play in the last 5 ys.
[Reply]
Page 392 of 460
« First < 292342382388389390391392 393394395396402442 > Last »
Up