ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 385 of 460
« First < 285335375381382383384385 386387388389395435 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:12 PM 03-14-2021
I didn't know you relocated.
[Reply]
O.city 06:13 PM 03-14-2021
Shit I forgot

Yeah you’re good
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:15 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I didn't know you relocated.
Moved to PHX in December 2019. Posted here about it, but haven't been around much. Job is keeping me busy, as are all the exams I have to take.

I've passed the Securities Industry Exam and the Series 6. 63 is up at the end of this month. Possibly Series 7 down the road, but I'm tired of taking exams.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:16 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Shit I forgot

Yeah you’re good
I mean, they'll still sting, just not as bad.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:43 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Srixon Z-Forged.

Walked into a PGA Tour Superstore and starting hitting the demo 7 iron and flushing the bejeesus out of it. Started getting tired after a few swings and realized it was because the demo had a heavy x-stiff shaft.

Figured if I was striping it with a badly mis-fit shaft, things would go well with the shafts I was fit for - so I found a great deal on some heads, and dropped them off at the club builder Thursday. Should have them tomorrow.

I still have my Apex 19 as a backup set, just in case, but my goal is to commit to these for the year.

Those are pretty. You must be pretty good. I have a buddy I played college golf with who is a 0.9 and doesn't even play blades. I tried Ping blades back in the day when I was a 2 or 3. I quickly gave up on them. Just simply did not hit the ball perfectly square in the face enough. Taylor Made P790 are a nice happy medium for me.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:50 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Those are pretty. You must be pretty good. I have a buddy I played college golf with who is a 0.9 and doesn't even play blades. I tried Ping blades back in the day when I was a 2 or 3. I quickly gave up on them. Just simply did not hit the ball perfectly square in the face enough. Taylor Made P790 are a nice happy medium for me.
LOL fuck no I'm not any good.

But for some reason, I hit these better than game improvement or players irons. Think it has a lot to do with the thin soles and the firm turf down here.

And like I said, my goal is to get better - these will certainly punish mis-hits, and my other clubs gave me little to no feedback. I will say that these are WAY more forgiving than what most people think of when they think of blades.
[Reply]
O.city 06:54 PM 03-14-2021
I’ve got an old set of macgregor blades from the 80s

They’re unreal hard to hit
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:21 PM 03-14-2021

Sweet spot the size of a pen head. I'm in awe of how the tour guys from the 70's - 80's played with that shit.
[Reply]
HayWire 07:50 PM 03-14-2021

:-) I still have a set too. Got an old set of persimmon woods that I played with not to long ago. It was a long round but fun as hell hitting a 40 year old driver :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 07:58 PM 03-14-2021
I am now a member at the prestigious Shawnee Golf & Country Club. At least its cheap and 27 holes. Just looking to get fast golf in.
[Reply]
philfree 08:52 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I am now a member at the prestigious Shawnee Golf & Country Club. At least its cheap and 27 holes. Just looking to get fast golf in.
Good for you.

I'm on vacation in the pan handle of Florida. I played a course the other day that is the Longest course in the state. 7,700 yards from the tips. I played it at about 7,000 and with winter fairways and being a little damp it was plenty long. Windswept Dunes is the name of the place. It was hard to get a read on because it's not in summer condition but it was a little rough around the edges IMO.

Tomorrow I'm playing Bay Point which was redesigned by Jack Nicklaus around 2005. Should be a good day.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:58 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
Good for you.

I'm on vacation in the pan handle of Florida. I played a course the other day that is the Longest course in the state. 7,700 yards from the tips. I played it at about 7,000 and with winter fairways and being a little damp it was plenty long. Windswept Dunes is the name of the place. It was hard to get a read on because it's not in summer condition but it was a little rough around the edges IMO.

Tomorrow I'm playing Bay Point which was redesigned by Jack Nicklaus around 2005. Should be a good day.
Good luck hitem long and straight.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:20 AM 03-15-2021
They’re pretty

Heads up though, if it’s cold out, don’t play. The first one you catch a touch thin, you’ll be ready to die
This , but nothing else feels as nice as a well hit blade and I think growing up playing with blades( Muir field 20th ) does make you a better ball striker if you play a lot.
[Reply]
philfree 09:58 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
This , but nothing else feels as nice as a well hit blade and I think growing up playing with blades( Muir field 20th ) does make you a better ball striker if you play a lot.
The first set of clubs I had were a set of Spalding Gene Littler's that I dug out of the old pump house when I was a kid. 1960 model there bout's. Didn't want to thin one of those on a cold day. Then I had a hand me down set of Spalding Elite's. Those are both blades. After that I was a Hogan guy. Now I play Mizuno's. The set of MP-14s might be the best blade ever. I still have that set but I'm playing MP-15s these days.

I'm going to use them on Monday when I play a course in San Destin called Raven Golf Club. Looks like a nice place. They've played some pro events there in the past. https://www.sandestin.com/golf/raven...m_campaign=gmb
Should be interesting.
[Reply]
Miles 10:25 PM 03-20-2021

I’ve always casually wanted to try hitting something like those or a persimmon wood that actually had a grip on them that wasn’t as old as the club. Imagine they are quite punishing but the only time I’ve messed around with them was with a slick and falling apart grip.
[Reply]
Page 385 of 460
« First < 285335375381382383384385 386387388389395435 > Last »
Up