ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 126
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:50 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Irons was sort of a wasted version of Alfred. Not bad, but just ho-hum.
really? I thought he was really good. Needed more screen time if anything.

He had a few funny lines.

Its interesting me to that these big Superhero films now have former highly respected actors. Holly Hunter, Irons, Robert Redford in Cap 2......Glen Close in Guardians...

I mean, at one time, these were all Oscar nominated actors. I think its sort of the state of popular filmaking that the types of roles they used to take have sort of dried up and tastes have changed in the filmgoing public.

But they all add a touch of class, and elevate the material.
[Reply]
RobBlake 03:53 PM 03-25-2016
With a half hour of extra movie in the R rated version, I think some of the holes and points glossed over in the theatrical release will stand up better (?)
Will it make it an a plus movie. I doubt it, but it will help with any pace issues. I haven't seen it yet but I have a feeling it's going to be an enjoyable movie. I think they should move on from Snyder however
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:00 PM 03-25-2016
I thought irons as alfred was really, really cool.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:02 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

Its interesting me to that these big Superhero films now have former highly respected actors. Holly Hunter, Irons, Robert Redford in Cap 2......Glen Close in Guardians...

I mean, at one time, these were all Oscar nominated actors. I think its sort of the state of popular filmaking that the types of roles they used to take have sort of dried up and tastes have changed in the filmgoing public.

wasted = not much screen time given. I'm not knocking Irons' performance. There's so much to tackle they can't hamfist him in just for the sake of it. I found one of his lines funny, the others were mildly amusing. Either way, it's not really so much of a criticism, because he's featured about on par with the character typically has been outside of Cane's role.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:06 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I just told a friend of mine it was a solid 7 or 8, so that's in the same ballpark as a low B+.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 04:07 PM 03-25-2016
Looks like domestic projection is 170+ for the weekend. It was definitely more crowded than I expected for 12:30 on a Friday, and it was a mix of ages which is also unusual in my experience here in olathe. I saw everything from kids to elderly couples.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:13 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

It is a paying job and probably pretty fun.
[Reply]
DaveNull 04:51 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's definitely a cave troll.
Yup.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:52 PM 03-25-2016
For a Friday noon showing, my theatre was full. A bit surprising since it's not summer or holiday season. It's going to do just fine.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:55 PM 03-25-2016
For a Friday noon showing, my theatre was full. A bit surprising since it's not summer or holiday season. It's going to do just fine.
There are really only a few dead spots in the movie schedule anymore.

Late August/Early Sept

Early December and mid to late January
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:08 PM 03-25-2016
I thought it was just ok.

Marvel does a much better job IMO. I even thought Age of Ultron was better than this.

Seems like they just tried to jam everything in there. Maybe it's because they're the 2 biggest known iconic superheros of our time and their stories are already well known and this is a movie they should have done a long time ago. But it just seems like they threw all of it together with little substance.

I generously give it 3 out of 5 stars. I think it's hilarious this movie needs to make $800M just to break even.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:33 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv25xJUw
Just brilliant.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 06:32 PM 03-25-2016
Question...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:47 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Spoiler!

Sounds cool. Thanks.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 10:16 PM 03-25-2016
I thought it was a good movie. Many good stuff in it.
[Reply]
Page 97 of 126
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107 > Last »
Up