ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Chuck Lorre is pretty damn good at creating comedy/drama!
scho63 04:53 AM 05-02-2020
In Hollywood over the last 40 years certain names will stick out for how many shows and successful TV shows they have had, via either writing or producing: Aaron Spelling, Sidney Sheldon and just a few more.

The latest entry on this list began back writing on the Roseanne show, one of the greatest "real life" comedies ever produced.

That person is Chuck Lorre.

This guy's resume for TV is un-fucking-believable. He is worth every penny he makes.

Kudos to Chuck
================

Chuck Lorre (/ˈlɔːri/;[1] born Charles Michael Levine; October 18, 1952)[2] is an American television director, writer, producer, and composer. Called the "King of Sitcoms" during the 2010s,[3][4][5][6][7] he has created and produced sitcoms including Grace Under Fire, Cybill, Dharma & Greg, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly, Mom, Young Sheldon, The Kominsky Method, Disjointed, and Bob Hearts Abishola. He also served as an executive producer of Roseanne. In 2019, he received his first Golden Globe Award for The Kominsky Method.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Lorre
[Reply]
Frazod 02:36 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
No, standup Whitney Cummings and that Sex in the City . . . dude, Michael Patrick King. Though MPK did produce on Cybill with CL.
Ah. I guess if Lorre had been involved it probably would have been much better.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:50 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Mom - I've started watching the reruns some, and it's funny as hell. Also sometimes hits uncomfortably close to home, reminding me of people I've known and dark places I've been before, thankfully all long, long ago. Clearly the writers have some serious life issues/trailer trash in their backgrounds. Alison Janney is amazing.
I'm friends with the people that produce and write Mom, and I'm super close friends with their head writer/EP. Sitting in a room with these people is un-fucking-believably funny. The comedy gets "dark" sometimes but that's because we're all drinking or doing edibles or whatever and shit goes off the rails. But they're all normal people (besides the fact that some of them of stupid wealthy-big time Fuck You money). A few of the people are originally from Iowa and Missouri.

Originally Posted by Frazod:
The Kominsky Method
Some of the same people are involved in Komisnky Method and I finally caught up with the show late last year, more of a courtesy than anything else.

If you're fan of "Old School" actors like Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin, you'll probably like the show. For me, the premise was a bit surprising, even though it's right there in the title. It's a comedy but it really borders on "Dramedy", so it's not funny all the time. I found the show to be a little "uneven" at times but it's worth watching overall, mainly to see Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:01 PM 05-05-2020
Who’s responsible for “The Neighborhood” ?

I’ve recently started liking it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:03 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Who’s responsible for “The Neighborhood” ?

I’ve recently started liking it.
Jim Reynolds, BBT alum.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:31 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm friends with the people that produce and write Mom, and I'm super close friends with their head writer/EP. Sitting in a room with these people is un-fucking-believably funny. The comedy gets "dark" sometimes but that's because we're all drinking or doing edibles or whatever and shit goes off the rails. But they're all normal people (besides the fact that some of them of stupid wealthy-big time Fuck You money). A few of the people are originally from Iowa and Missouri.
Yeah, it shows. :-)

My compliments to your friends. They do a great job.

The relationship between the mother and daughter remind of the real life relationship between my Goddaughter's mother and her alcoholic mom. I swear I've sat a kitchen table and heard some of those conversations before.
[Reply]
"Bob" Dobbs 05:08 PM 05-06-2020
Lorre is kinda hit and miss, imo. The new sitcom god has gotta be Michael Schur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:18 PM 05-06-2020
Allison Janney is crazy. Great writing for her. I think that had to be tampered down on West Wing.

Best part of of Two and half men were the women that came across the screen. Holy cow.

Dane-Agreed with Frazod. The show is very well written and I am sure real for some people.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:28 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Best part of of Two and half men were the women that came across the screen. Holy cow.
April Bowlby, . . . Hnnnnnuuunnnnnngggggg!!!!!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:58 PM 05-06-2020
Candy-OH MY YES
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:56 PM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
IDK about all that, but he did create the 80s TMNT theme song.
hell yeah!!!
[Reply]
scho63 08:27 PM 05-07-2020
No ability to disagree with this! :-)
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:28 AM 05-09-2020
No, standup Whitney Cummings and that Sex in the City . . . dude, Michael Patrick King. Though MPK did produce on Cybill with CL.
Sex and the city woot woot.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:40 PM 05-13-2020
The Big Bang Theory was a great show. It has also proven to be a very good rewatching show.
[Reply]
JD10367 06:23 AM 05-14-2020
Norman Lear. /thread

Dude repurposed two British ideas into "All In The Family" and "Sanford and Son". Spun "The Jeffersons" and "Maude" off "All In The Family"; spun "Good Times" off "Maude" and then threw in "One Day At A Time" for good measure. It took a middle-aged Jew to decide to tackle head-on some things in the 1970s that were not exactly popular (race relations, women's lib, divorce).

Honorable mention goes to Sherwood Schwartz, another little old Jew who worked on some early radio and TV comedies (Bob Hope, Red Skelton, "Ozzie and Harriet") before delivering two of the stupidest and most endearing childhood memories for anyone currently 50 or older: "Gilligan's Island" and "The Brady Bunch".
[Reply]
scho63 08:33 AM 05-14-2020
He's the Ray Croc of network new millennium.
More like the Aaron Spelling of comedy shows......:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up