ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Media Center>The Greatest Live Albums ever recorded. Who ya got?
scho63 05:09 AM 04-23-2020
I realize that bands like the Beatles had no real "live" albums and it started around the late 70's - early 80's.

So who has the greatest LIVE albums?

I'll start with the (3) that made the most impact on me:

1. Kiss ALIVE!
2. Frampton Comes Alive!
3. Ted Nugent Double Live Gonzo!

Maybe it was the "exclamation points" that did it for me! :-)

What live stuff rocked your world? :-)

EDIT: Bootlegs prior to real LIVE albums don't count. Having someone steal Hendrix before he ever made his own live album doesn't count.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 11:28 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
End thread.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:15 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
End thread.
Hold on just a sec :

[Reply]
DeepPurple 12:34 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Bullshit.

It's from Back In '72.

Right before "I've Been Working" on Live Bullet, Seger goes "This is from Back In '72, it's for all the workin' people in the house..."

Right before "Turn the Page" on Live Bullet, Seger goes "This is from Back In '72 also...it's about being on the road."
You're right, I stand corrected. I never saw that album ever before, and I owned 4,000 rock albums and owned and operated a record store for almost 10 years and a mail order online record store from 1990 until 2005. There hadn't been much in rock I hadn't seen, and you have winner. I just read about that album, it reached only #188 and then immediately faded in obscurity and went out of print. When I owned my record store it was from '81 through the '88, and that's when customers would come and ask, where get I get Turn the Page, and by then Live Bullet was the only answer.

I just read that in 2005, shortly after the reissue of Smokin O.P.'s, there were rumors of the album to be reissued onto a CD. Seger denied these rumors saying that he did not like the vocals on the album and probably will not release it.

His early stuff is good, I remember hearing 2+2 on the radio and buying Ramblin Gamblin album when it came in '69 right before I joined the Army.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:58 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Stop, Collaborate and Listen :

FYP
[Reply]
Stryker 06:55 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
I realize that bands like the Beatles had no real "live" albums and it started around the late 70's - early 80's.

1. Kiss ALIVE!
2. Frampton Comes Alive!

EDIT: Bootlegs prior to real LIVE albums don't count. Having someone steal Hendrix before he ever made his own live album doesn't count.
Judas Priest Unleashed in the East
Judas Priest Live
Ramstein Live Aus Berlin
Head East Live
Accept Staying a Life
Ted Nugent Double Live Gonzo
Scorpions World Wide Live
Black Sabbath Live Evil

This is off of the top of my head.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:02 PM 04-29-2020
Someone mentioned Iron Maiden Live After Death - I will have to go back and re-listen - I remember not being to impressed by it. I am a loving fan and saw them live back in the day on Killers, Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind and Powerslave. Excellent shows! Yes I am 57 years old and lived in Memphis TN at the time. Go Rock 103 FM - Memphis Coliseum baby :-)
Oh Pantera live was incredible as well - R.I.P. Dimebag D!
[Reply]
Stryker 07:12 PM 04-29-2020
Also,

KISS Alive II
KISS Alive 4 Symphony
Cheap Trick live at Budokan
Raven Live at the Inferno
Rush Live in Rio
Rush Exit...Stage Left
Rush All the Worlds a Stage
[Reply]
Stryker 07:18 PM 04-29-2020
Neil Young Rust Never Sleeps
Journey Captured
[Reply]
Stryker 07:27 PM 04-29-2020
VIDEOS:

Def Leppard In the Round In Your Face
Judas Priest - Live Vengeance '82
Judas Priest Battle Cry
Judas Priest - Rising in the East
Motley Crue: Carnival of Sins
[Reply]
DeepPurple 07:28 AM 04-30-2020
After moving my albums around for almost 40 years, in 2011 when I made my last move, I gave away or sold all 4,000 of my albums. At the time since DVD's became popular in 2003 I starting collecting concert DVD's. I did keep my 800 CD's but now, I never play them, or even the 350 concert DVD's I've collected. Not since about 2012 when I got my first smart TV and paired it with youtube.

Since 2012 I've saved about 6,500 concert videos into about 45 music files of all differing kinds of music. It doesn't cost a penny and every week I go on youtube and find new videos and Friday night I play about 3 hours of music for my wife and me.

I'm now up to a Samsung 75" TV and my Sony 5.1 amp and my old stereo system is all connected, and it's like a live concert at home. I don't miss the albums, or even the CD's, they're in the garage where they don't get in the way. To me nowadays, if I don't see the band while hearing the music, I don't get the full effect.

Here's a link to my library of 45 music folders, just scroll down to 'playlists' and click on show more.

https://www.youtube.com/feed/library
[Reply]
scho63 10:02 AM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
After moving my albums around for almost 40 years, in 2011 when I made my last move, I gave away or sold all 4,000 of my albums. At the time since DVD's became popular in 2003 I starting collecting concert DVD's. I did keep my 800 CD's but now, I never play them, or even the 350 concert DVD's I've collected. Not since about 2012 when I got my first smart TV and paired it with youtube.

Since 2012 I've saved about 6,500 concert videos into about 45 music files of all differing kinds of music. It doesn't cost a penny and every week I go on youtube and find new videos and Friday night I play about 3 hours of music for my wife and me.

I'm now up to a Samsung 75" TV and my Sony 5.1 amp and my old stereo system is all connected, and it's like a live concert at home. I don't miss the albums, or even the CD's, they're in the garage where they don't get in the way. To me nowadays, if I don't see the band while hearing the music, I don't get the full effect.

Here's a link to my library of 45 music folders, just scroll down to 'playlists' and click on show more.

https://www.youtube.com/feed/library
:-):-):-):-)

You are a super melophile! :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 11:38 AM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:

1. Kiss ALIVE!
2. Frampton Comes Alive!

Twenty One Pilots - Blurryface
Skrillex - Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites
Joyner Lucas - ADHD
Third Eye Blind - Blue
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:28 PM 04-30-2020
Tesla. five man acoustical jam is bad ass.

Nearly forgot about that one.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 03:51 PM 05-01-2020
The "best" live recording ever....is sort of a little misleading. What I mean is recordings from the 60s 70s and early 80s can't be judged with the 90s-2000s fairly. It's a helluva lot different on a 16 track tape (or even 8 track 3/4 inch tape) than it is digitally recorded. Microphones are a thousand times better - recording equipment the same.

I don't know....just a thought.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:53 PM 05-01-2020
Sinatra at the Sands with the Basie Band.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up