ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>The Greatest Live Albums ever recorded. Who ya got?
scho63 05:09 AM 04-23-2020
I realize that bands like the Beatles had no real "live" albums and it started around the late 70's - early 80's.

So who has the greatest LIVE albums?

I'll start with the (3) that made the most impact on me:

1. Kiss ALIVE!
2. Frampton Comes Alive!
3. Ted Nugent Double Live Gonzo!

Maybe it was the "exclamation points" that did it for me! :-)

What live stuff rocked your world? :-)

EDIT: Bootlegs prior to real LIVE albums don't count. Having someone steal Hendrix before he ever made his own live album doesn't count.
[Reply]
Bump 04:05 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
And if you like Zep then you'll love this cover.

ya that's a good one. I love Zep and also prefer listening to their live stuff over the studio recorded stuff. Those 2 bands sound so good live.
[Reply]
penchief 04:10 PM 04-23-2020
Another really great under the radar live album is Van Morrison's, A Night In San Francisco, released as a 2CD set in 1994. It's a spiritual journey that traverses nearly all genres of music, including rock, blues, funk, jazz, and soul. His voice is powerful and he surrounds himself with a great band of musicians. Guest performers include John Lee Hooker, Junior Wells, Jimmy Witherspoon, and Georgie Fame. It's very soulful and leaves you feeling fulfilled.
[Reply]
srvy 04:12 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by backinblack:
Allman Bros At Fillmore East

Skynyrd One More From the Road

Cheap Trick Live at Budokan
Yep for me

[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:26 PM 04-23-2020
And if you like Zep then you'll love this cover.

Not really a TOOL aficionado. Nothing against them, just never really got exposed to them as much as other bands. But I think am coming to think that No Quarter is my favorite Zep song, . . . . And FTR I LOH-HAH-HOOOOOOOVE Zep. Just that lazy quiet build into rage and menace, like some ancient beast awakening . . . . I get on kicks for different songs and different eras of their's over the years, but I'm ALWAYS up for some No Quarter. . . .
[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:27 PM 04-23-2020
Really enjoying this thread so far...lots of great stuff!!!!

I don't know about the "greatest", but this is one i do enjoy from time to time.....

[Reply]
Fishpicker 05:27 PM 04-23-2020
SRV at El Mocambo.

I bet I've listened to/watched this video 30 times since I was a little kid. Dad grew up jamming this one all the time on VHS. Guitar playing doesn't get any better than this. Enjoy Texas Flood below.

great choice, I had that on VHS too. wore it out.
check out this channel. It's nothing but live shows by SRV and Jeff Healey
SRV BootLeg

that channel also has bootleg compilations like

[Reply]
srvy 05:30 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Not really a TOOL aficionado. Nothing against them, just never really got exposed to them as much as other bands. But I think am coming to think that No Quarter is my favorite Zep song, . . . . And FTR I LOH-HAH-HOOOOOOOVE Zep. Just that lazy quiet build into rage and menace, like some ancient beast awakening . . . . I get on kicks for different songs and different eras of their's over the years, but I'm ALWAYS up for some No Quarter. . . .

[Reply]
Fishpicker 05:38 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
Jimi Hendrix - Band Of Gypsys
YASSS

that import album was tits BITD!

This One

Not This One

[Reply]
kcxiv 01:03 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Nirvana. MTV unplugged. Amazing
This
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:47 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
8/27/72
3/29/90
5/8 and 5/9 1977
3/1/69

Those will get you started
Now you're talking some Barton Hall...a buddy just let me borrow the "Get Shown the Light" box...WHOA MAMA.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:50 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
YASSS

that import album was tits BITD!

This One

Not This One
They're both essential, but I picked up this one:

All 4 shows from the Band of Gypsys run on NYE 1969/1970 on 8 LPs.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:54 AM 04-24-2020

Guns N Roses Live era it's fucking good
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:57 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Really enjoying this thread so far...lots of great stuff!!!!

I don't know about the "greatest", but this is one i do enjoy from time to time.....

Oh hell yeah!!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:39 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:

Guns N Roses Live era it's ****ing good
It is, but as a diehard GNR person, I've heard so many truly bracingly GREAT full live shows from 86-93 that the "Live Era" comp leaves me cold. I'd rather hear a full Marquee '87 or the Deer Creek '91 shows over the compilation.
[Reply]
scho63 06:00 AM 04-24-2020
This thread has brought out some really diverse choices and some I'm gonna check out.

Also some obscure stuff that is really unique; Siouxsie and the Banshees and Jazz Live at the Pawnshop. :-)

Thank for all the submissions
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up