ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 20
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
In Memoriam>Fire Me Boy! has passed away
luv 08:11 AM 03-02-2020
His wife posted the news on his Facebook a little earlier this morning. I know that he will be missed by many on here, especially the foodies.

FMB was one of the first people to really welcome me on here when I first joined and started posting regularly. I never met him in person, but he was one great guy and a fellow grammar Nazi. :-)

I'm sure his wife would appreciate any thoughts or prayers.

RIP, Fire Me Boy!

PART OF OBITUARY THAT LEAVES OUT PEOPLE'S NAMES AND CHANGES HIS TO FMB:

FMB, 41, died suddenly Monday morning, March 2, 2020, at his home of an apparent heart attack. [PERSONAL INFO]
[EARLIER EDUCATION] He attended then-Central Methodist College before transferring to then-Central Missouri State University, where he received his bachelor’s degree in broadcast and film, with a minor in vocal music.
[WORK HISTORY] He continued to work there until becoming disabled last summer.
He was a Kansas City Chief’s fan when it wasn’t popular and from his home helped cheer the Chiefs to their first Superbowl win in his lifetime. He was a foodie often seen on Chief’s Planet. FMB also was a photographer.[LIST WIFE OF 17 YEARS AND OTHER SURVIVORS]
[SERVICE INFO]
Memorial contributions may be made in his memory to the American Diabetes Association or the National Kidney Foundation.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 05:14 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
In these cases, it sounds like it's genetic, in which Type II will eventually become Type I.

I have a friend who's father died from diabetes Type I in his early 60's. My friend has been on Metformin for years on end as a Type II diabetic but he's closing in on Type I, despite diet and exercise. It will happen eventually, if not soon, as his AIC is 7.4.

Those with Adult Onset/Type II diabetes can generally be reversed with weight loss, diet and exercise but if there's a family history of Diabetes Type I, the Type II could very likely become Type I as the person ages.
I just stay away from health stuff on CP. Everything you posted is correct.
[Reply]
007 06:04 PM 03-03-2020
this was just posted. Name removed for now but I'm sure several here already know it.

I lieu of flowers, I would ask that you donate to either the American Diabetes Association or the National Kidney Foundation to honor FMB and help save the lives of those suffering from diabetes and kidney failure.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:16 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Not saying you aren't right Dane...just never been something that has been imparted to me.
I'm not pointing fingers at your doctor but there's a reason why people often get second, third or even fourth opinions about varying conditions.

One doctor will tell you that a number is "fine", another will tell you that it needs immediate attention and another won't even bother commenting one way or the other.

When I told my doctor that a friend was taking four Metformin's per day and his AIC was 7.4, he said "That man needs to be on insulin asap". As it stands today, more than a year later, he's not using insulin.

Speaking only for myself, if my mother developed Type II later in life, I'd be very concerned about Type I or Type II developing in my body, especially if I needed to draw blood daily.
[Reply]
rydogg58 06:19 PM 03-03-2020
Reading that FB post by his wife was pretty gut-wrenching. He sounds like a better man than I ever was. I can't imagine what his family is going through, and I hope that they can find a way to move on.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:29 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
this was just posted. Name removed for now but I'm sure several here already know it.

I lieu of flowers, I would ask that you donate to either the American Diabetes Association or the National Kidney Foundation to honor FMB and help save the lives of those suffering from diabetes and kidney failure.
Thanks so much for posting this. I had been looking for this information. Appreciate it.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:07 PM 03-03-2020
In these cases, it sounds like it's genetic, in which Type II will eventually become Type I.

I have a friend who's father died from diabetes Type I in his early 60's. My friend has been on Metformin for years on end as a Type II diabetic but he's closing in on Type I, despite diet and exercise. It will happen eventually, if not soon, as his AIC is 7.4.

Those with Adult Onset/Type II diabetes can generally be reversed with weight loss, diet and exercise but if there's a family history of Diabetes Type I, the Type II could very likely become Type I as the person ages.
Type II does not turn into type I.

Older adults will occasionally get diagnosed with Type II that later is reclassified as Type I.
[Reply]
wazu 07:10 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
I guess there's no harm in that. It was "signed" but I left that part off.
I made the mistake of reading this while at work today. Had to take a moment. What an amazing tribute to this man.
[Reply]
Buck 07:32 PM 03-03-2020
This was crushing news to see while checking CP.

RIP FMB
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:51 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Older adults will occasionally get diagnosed with Type II that later is reclassified as Type I.
:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:50 PM 03-03-2020
I'm not pointing fingers at your doctor but there's a reason why people often get second, third or even fourth opinions about varying conditions.

One doctor will tell you that a number is "fine", another will tell you that it needs immediate attention and another won't even bother commenting one way or the other.

When I told my doctor that a friend was taking four Metformin's per day and his AIC was 7.4, he said "That man needs to be on insulin asap". As it stands today, more than a year later, he's not using insulin.

Speaking only for myself, if my mother developed Type II later in life, I'd be very concerned about Type I or Type II developing in my body, especially if I needed to draw blood daily.
Truth..
[Reply]
Fish 11:28 PM 03-03-2020
Dang. RIP FMB.
[Reply]
scho63 04:06 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
I know this might sound morbid but I think it's time for CP to start a new section titled: "In Memory" for all the CP members who we know have passed with their user name, date they joined, date they passed, their age and a great thread to remind us of them along with any info about their memorial.

While it might be a downer for some, celebrating someone's life and the good things we remember about them on some anonymous internet board is a pretty remarkable thing when you really get right down into it. I think 99.5% of everyone here really likes each other regardless of our creed, race, color, or religion, standing in life or other differences,

I like to be reminded about people like Lonewolf Ed who shared his brave battle with cancer with all of us and never lost his sense of humor. Now we have FMB with his Beetus Battle and Food threads.

Just a thought......:-)
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Maybe a sub section in the Hall of Classics where we put the RIP threads, like this one, saying our goodbyes and our positive interactions with the CP'r who has passed on.
I like your idea a lot! :-)
[Reply]
luv 08:55 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by 007:

Yeah. I say we get started on this. But I don't want to be responsible for the collection of money. Any volunteers? DaFace did awesome with the ticket money. :-)
[Reply]
luv 09:02 AM 03-04-2020
Also from his obit:

He was a Kansas City Chief’s fan when it wasn’t popular and from his home helped cheer the Chiefs to their first Superbowl win in his lifetime. He was a foodie often seen on Chief’s Planet.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:10 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

After a period of about 10 years of poorly-managed T2DM, the beta cells in your pancreas will continue to fail to the point where you will become insulin-dependent.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 20
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up