Fish 11:06 PM 08-11-2018

Trailer:

25 minutes of gameplay:

[Reply]
Bowser 05:31 PM 04-23-2020
This fucking game

[Reply]
Bowser 11:10 AM 04-25-2020
So I'm plodding along, playing this thing in the few free moments I can find. I finally made it to the Doom Hunter at the Citadel. I killed the first one, jump down the hole, and there's three more with a whole herd of other idiots. I just can't get past it. I'm getting really annoyed with it, lol.

How far along are you guys?
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 11:46 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So I'm plodding along, playing this thing in the few free moments I can find. I finally made it to the Doom Hunter at the Citadel. I killed the first one, jump down the hole, and there's three more with a whole herd of other idiots. I just can't get past it. I'm getting really annoyed with it, lol.

Yeah, that part is hard. I run around the arena, close the distance a little with one of them (not too close), and pop off a rocket or two at their little hover machine. Rinse and repeat until you're just fighting the top part and use lock-on rockets. You can try busting their shields with the plasma rifle and then using lock-on, too.

I've had a lot of time on my hands and have played through a few times now. What runes are you using so far?
[Reply]
Bowser 12:03 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Yeah, that part is hard. I run around the arena, close the distance a little with one of them (not too close), and pop off a rocket or two at their little hover machine. Rinse and repeat until you're just fighting the top part and use lock-on rockets. You can try busting their shields with the plasma rifle and then using lock-on, too.

I've had a lot of time on my hands and have played through a few times now. What runes are you using so far?
Well, that's another area I've screwed up. I only have three, and one of them are giving me any type of real tactical advantage that I can see. I should have used one that slows time, that would have been a real help dealing with these Hunter twats (totally not frustrated, haha).

Hold on and I'll give you my complete tactical setup.....
[Reply]
Fish 01:55 PM 04-25-2020

Yeah, that spot took me quite a few attempts. Fucking jerks tease you when you defeat the first one and they're like, "Yeah, what about 2 of em' then, bitch?"

What worked best for me was using the plasma rifle to break their energy shields, then using lock on rockets and grenades when their shields are temporarily down. The hard part was both at the same time. You've got to get positioned so you're not taking direct fire from both at the same time. Using the plasma rifle to break shields takes up a lot of ammo though. But I maxed out ammo upgrades before anything else. Still have to dash around and glorykill some imps for ammo though.

I have good luck using the rune that slows down time when you're in the air. Especially against big demons. In this case, I would break the baddie's energy shield, jump real high and slow down time, and send off a huge volley of whatever I could launch. I use that one, the one that let's you do a glory kill from far away, and the one that gives health for bloodpunch. On the levels with crazy parkour jumps and stuff I switch to the rune that allows for air control. That really let's you get to secret locations and hard to reach spots.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 01:17 PM 04-26-2020
Well, that's another area I've screwed up. I only have three, and one of them are giving me any type of real tactical advantage that I can see. I should have used one that slows time, that would have been a real help dealing with these Hunter twats (totally not frustrated, haha).

Hold on and I'll give you my complete tactical setup.....
The bottom three have worked best for me. Chrono time, equipment cooldown, and bloodpunch health. Equipment cooldown coupled with some perks mean you can use grenades pretty frequently. Slow time works best with certain weapon/mod combos. It's really useful with lock-on rockets.

For perks I usually go: dash refills more quickly, dash refill on glory kill, and faster weapon swap first. They help you move faster. Then health from frozen enemies, cooldown on ice grenade, fire grenades twice, and grenade cooldown after that. Pick what you want after that. You can freeze a bunch of enemies, light them on fire right after, then either blood punch or pop a grenade off. Will give you a ton of health and armor.

For crystals, I alternate between ammo and health until both are at three blips each then armor. More ammo and health after that.

Max out the super shotgun as fast as you can. Complete the mastery challenge in the ripatorium and against fodder demons. After that the hook will set enemies on fire. You can get a good 20-30 armor from each fodder demon you kill with it. It also helps you move around arenas more quickly.
[Reply]
Fish 06:43 PM 04-28-2020
LOL, I end up punching those guys every single time...

[Reply]
Bowser 06:51 PM 04-28-2020
I haven't played this in about three days for fear of a nervous breakdown, lol. One of my co-workers is a Doom nut as well. He told me he just ran into an Arch-Vile, and even with the BFG it didn't go well. CAN'T WAIT!!

So Fish and Shifty, how far along are you guys into this madness?
[Reply]
Bowser 07:06 PM 04-28-2020
Ok, I'm going to play. So much for getting to sleep easily tonight. Haha
[Reply]
Fish 07:10 PM 04-28-2020
Yeah, the Archviles are pretty nasty. I normally reserve the crucible for them. If you don't knock them out quickly enough, shit gets really crazy and it's just a non stop wave of demons on crack. Took me a while to figure out they're resistant to damage when they're surrounded in flame. They don't take damage from a BFG either, unless you directly hit them with the green BFG projectile. Takes a lot of regular ammo to kill them.

I'm on the final level. Might actually finish it tonight.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 02:12 PM 04-29-2020
I haven't played this in about three days for fear of a nervous breakdown, lol. One of my co-workers is a Doom nut as well. He told me he just ran into an Arch-Vile, and even with the BFG it didn't go well. CAN'T WAIT!!

So Fish and Shifty, how far along are you guys into this madness?
Yeah, you're best bet against them is to use the crucible or freeze them and then use a couple of lock-on rocket bursts.

I'm on about my tenth play-through lol. Have you given them another shot yet? Maybe watch some videos of what other players are doing to beat them.
[Reply]
Fish 12:19 AM 04-30-2020
Finally finished it. Wow. Icon of Sin battle kicked my ass for two days before I finally beat it. Epic game. Visuals and graphics were amazing. Another killer soundtrack by Mick Gordon, even though it sounds like he got royally screwed over on some of the mixes... Maybe one of the most stressful and mentally demanding games I've played. Some of the gameplay was so crazy intense!
I would seriously play in spurts where I'd get stuck and stressed and super frustrated and not play the game for 4-5 days, then jump back in and blast through another 2-3 levels.

Gonna do another playthrough on Nightmare this time. Get through it without ever turning the difficulty down. I can already think of quite a few spots I'm going to seriously regret.

Played a few rounds of Battlemode now too. Not sure what to think after just a few plays. Got my ass completely kicked in several games, then experienced the opposite in a few more. Hope they expand on the multiplayer and we eventually see something similar to the 2016 version multiplayer. Cause that was fucking kick ass even though the official map offerings weren't huge.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 12:41 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Finally finished it. Wow. Icon of Sin battle kicked my ass for two days before I finally beat it. Epic game. Visuals and graphics were amazing. Another killer soundtrack by Mick Gordon, even though it sounds like he got royally screwed over on some of the mixes... Maybe one of the most stressful and mentally demanding games I've played. Some of the gameplay was so crazy intense!
I would seriously play in spurts where I'd get stuck and stressed and super frustrated and not play the game for 4-5 days, then jump back in and blast through another 2-3 levels.

Gonna do another playthrough on Nightmare this time. Get through it without ever turning the difficulty down. I can already think of quite a few spots I'm going to seriously regret.

Played a few rounds of Battlemode now too. Not sure what to think after just a few plays. Got my ass completely kicked in several games, then experienced the opposite in a few more. Hope they expand on the multiplayer and we eventually see something similar to the 2016 version multiplayer. Cause that was ****ing kick ass even though the official map offerings weren't huge.
Congrats, Fish.

Good luck on Nightmare. The first few levels are ROUGH. Gets a bit easier after that. You have to keep moving even more.

I'm loving Battlemode. Balancing is a little off, though. Match quality varies pretty wildly based off of Slayer skill level, demon skill level, demon pairing, and map. You'll have some great matches and then some shitty ones.
[Reply]
Fish 12:56 PM 04-30-2020
Thanks. What's the best demon pairing? Cause I've actually been wondering about that.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 01:40 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Thanks. What's the best demon pairing? Cause I've actually been wondering about that.
It depends a little on the map. Marauder and Archville are pretty good on most. I have a ton of fun playing as a Pain Elemental or Revenant on more open maps paired with either a marauder or archville. Mancubus can be fun with a marauder. Use that little speed burst to get close and then use flamethrowers.

Some slayers are damn good, though. Not much you can do when they key in on you and bring the heat. Check out the tutorials and loadouts if you haven't already, too.

What are you playing on?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up