ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 173
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:03 PM 04-08-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I have another CT scan coming up so I will have to down two big barium infused vanilla-ish crap again. I just hope I don't have to go to the hospital again like I did after the last one since they discovered blood clots in my vena cava and a lung. I hope the blood thinner pills are working so I don't have to take the painful shots in the gut. I hate needles.
Ed, I'm guessing you've learned more about the human body than you ever wanted know throughout this, yes?

I'm getting old and can't remember as much as I used to, but I stay in this thread to see how you are doing and to remind myself to throw some prayer your way. Hope it helps.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:30 PM 04-08-2015
You are right. The aftermath of the CT scan is the worst. That barium gunk affects me like a super-duper laxative. Anyone out there facing a Ct scan for the first time, take my advice: About 3 hours after the scan, stay VERY close to the bathroom and make sure you drink lots of water. After 9 bouts of the power squirts in less than one hour, I think the storm has passed. Whew.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:35 PM 04-08-2015
Power Squirts. :-)

My uncle says the same thing about the laxative they give you before a colonoscopy. Tastes like gatorade. Pretty much runs right through.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:50 PM 04-08-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Power Squirts. :-)

My uncle says the same thing about the laxative they give you before a colonoscopy. Tastes like gatorade. Pretty much runs right through.
Oh, that was a horrendous experience, too! By the middle of it all, the softest toilet paper felt like low grade sand paper. Fun, fun... :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:58 PM 04-08-2015
Oh, that was a horrendous experience, too! By the middle of it all, the softest toilet paper felt like low grade sand paper. Fun, fun... :-)
Shit gets raw, you need to have baby wipes on hand. Baby wipes are a godsend.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 04:11 AM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Shit gets raw, you need to have baby wipes on hand. Baby wipes are a godsend.
I have gone through a package already! Er, not in one day, though.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:14 AM 04-09-2015
I just got a call from Social Security, and it was a good call. I got a letter more than a week ago saying I was denied since I told them I didn't want to file for disability. Ummm... right... so I just sent all the forms in for giggles?? Anyhow, I have been approved and will be receiving disability soon, not sure how much yet but a letter on the way will 'splain it all. I used to work and pay taxes before cancer laid a massive pimp slap on my life and turned it all upside down, so I don't feel too bad about getting disability now. I won't bitch if it is not enough that I can't afford filet mignon and King crab every weekend.
[Reply]
Faddy Yomama 09:16 AM 04-09-2015
Glad your recovery is going well. Someone up there likes you very much. And by that I mean the horny racoon that's burrowing in your ceiling.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:23 AM 04-09-2015
There was a very large mouse up there a couple of months back, but the bastard made enough racket that he could have been a raccoon for all I knew. I since dispatched the rodent with some poison and saw him sitting by my door. My wooden katana solved the problem for me nicely. WHACK!!
[Reply]
Faddy Yomama 09:26 AM 04-09-2015
There was a very large mouse up there a couple of months back, but the bastard made enough racket that he could have been a raccoon for all I knew. I since dispatched the rodent with some poison and saw him sitting by my door. My wooden katana solved the problem for me nicely. WHACK!!
I officially recruit you to the mice mafia with that hit.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:40 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by Faddy Yomama:
I officially recruit you to the mice mafia with that hit.
He wasn't feeling so good having eaten poison, just sitting there rubbing his face. I walked up with the sword and hit him in the head, flipping him up in the air like a pancake! I've dispatched a few rodents with that sword now, 4 or 5 I think.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:28 AM 04-14-2015
I am about to go in for treatment, first stop nurses chair for the dreaded needle in the chest port at 10 am. If things go my way, this will be my second to last treatment before I head to Denmark for a MUCH needed break from all of this cancer crap. I need to get my heart back together over there and recharge my spirit.
[Reply]
58-4ever 07:57 AM 04-14-2015
I just got a call from Social Security, and it was a good call. I got a letter more than a week ago saying I was denied since I told them I didn't want to file for disability. Ummm... right... so I just sent all the forms in for giggles?? Anyhow, I have been approved and will be receiving disability soon, not sure how much yet but a letter on the way will 'splain it all. I used to work and pay taxes before cancer laid a massive pimp slap on my life and turned it all upside down, so I don't feel too bad about getting disability now. I won't bitch if it is not enough that I can't afford filet mignon and King crab every weekend.
Dude, you shouldn't even have to put a disclaimer on there that you don't feel bad for taking Disability. That's why it's there. It's there for guys like you that need it, not scumbags that rob the system. Focus on getting better and getting back to those strange European lands you love so much. :-)

In all seriousness, we are thinking of ya every day. Cheers friend!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:40 AM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
Dude, you shouldn't even have to put a disclaimer on there that you don't feel bad for taking Disability. That's why it's there. It's there for guys like you that need it, not scumbags that rob the system. Focus on getting better and getting back to those strange European lands you love so much. :-)

In all seriousness, we are thinking of ya every day. Cheers friend!
Thank you very much! I am waitiing in the hall outside the room where I will get needle jabbed and my blood drawn. It's packed in there and there is haradly a seat to be had in the hall. It's going to be a long, slow day I am afraid...
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:46 AM 04-14-2015
I am elated over the great news I got today! My CEA is down to 4.0! People without colon cancer have a CEA of 3.0 or less. Mine was 88.5 in September. Also, the doc and I talked about my trip and she is happy and jealous about it. I thanked her for taking such good care of me so I can go and I hugged her tight.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 173
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up