ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 84
« First < 24647071727374 75767778 > Last »
Media Center>Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric
keg in kc 05:43 PM 01-17-2015
Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:25 AM 10-03-2019
Cognitive dissonance would take care of that
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:30 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Humanity is KIND Of the center of god's universe in the bible.

Some of the most religious people I know are VERY dogmatic in their belief that no aliens can exist because they're not in the bible.

I think 'the religious' can be a WIDE swath of people with widely varying beliefs not easily lumped into one category. A lot of them would probably just assume some government conspiracy.

Though I would like to see them land on Sentinal Island just for the lulz.
People compartmentalize crap all the time to avoid cognitive dissonance.

Knowledge of aliens wouldn't impact religious folks any more than other scientific discovery.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:05 PM 10-03-2019
There is no cognitive dissonance

What a bunch of smug know it alls, none of you know a damn thing more than anyone else... this is supposed to be a thread about the paranormal, not a chance for armchair psychiatrists to pontificate
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:53 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
There is no cognitive dissonance

What a bunch of smug know it alls, none of you know a damn thing more than anyone else... this is supposed to be a thread about the paranormal, not a chance for armchair psychiatrists to pontificate
Why are you so upset? Religious people legitimately pick and choose which parts of their holy book to live by with no issue whatsoever. The vast majority of them will find any way to continue believing in their deity regardless of any outside information they're presented.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:54 PM 10-03-2019
And cognitive dissonance isn't even a strictly religious-person phenomenon lol
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:14 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Why are you so upset? Religious people legitimately pick and choose which parts of their holy book to live by with no issue whatsoever. The vast majority of them will find any way to continue believing in their deity regardless of any outside information they're presented.
Their certainly are religious folks who are guilty of that, but it’s quite unfair to label all as such.

Also, this thread rocks.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:15 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Their certainly are religious folks who are guilty of that, but it’s quite unfair to label all as such.

Also, this thread rocks.
I like the labeling. It helps me identify the idiots much quicker in life.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:34 AM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
What information are they being presented that should change their mind?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:40 AM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
What information are they being presented that should change their mind?
I never said any info should change their mind.

I don't care what anyone believes as long as it isn't hateful or hurtful.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:51 AM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
People compartmentalize crap all the time to avoid cognitive dissonance.

Knowledge of aliens wouldn't impact religious folks any more than other scientific discovery since the earth was created, 6000 years ago.

FYP

:-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:58 AM 10-05-2019
I missed it if anyone has mentioned it, but this whole societal/religious impact question is connected to a NASA commissioned report by the Brookings Institute in the 60's. This report was submitted to the House and some conspracists believe it's impacted policy in the extraterrestrial sphere for the last half century.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:34 PM 10-05-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
If you guys want a good heapin' helpin' of Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric all rolled into one, go look for the movie Above Majestic. That is your one stop shopping for all of the above.
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Saturn is the last planet in the chain...hence it's rings. It's the reason the number 7 is prominent in modern religion. It's also part of the vital electro-magnetic impulses the govern our microcosm. The Sun and Saturn are like the (+) and (-) terminals on a car battery..and complete a circuit. These circuits are everywhere in life...it's just on a bigger scale.

Egyptian masters were well aware of this....as the Pyramids were strategically placed on earths magnetic lay lines...and above an aquifer to amplify these frequencies. They are glorified antennas...

What ever they were were...they were not like us...they essentially created our modern technology....from agriculture, astronomy, architecture...to geometry. Google "Baghdad battery"...they knew of electrical forces at play...They had a fully realized culture seemly out of nowhere.

The Sphinx has been digitally tested to be 20,000+ years old....Christian establishment isn't about to let that seep into main-stream consciousness. Keeping people scared, controlled and ignorant is quite profitable.

Th Egyptians were VERY adamant about the importance of the arrangement of the cosmos...and its governing principles. We've been sold it's random...it isn't. It's deliberate order...and they knew it....down to the atom and beyond.

There is one thing...and that's it. We are just small, animated, components of it...."it knows if you've been sleeping, it knows if you're awake...it knows it you've been bad or good.....or karma will wreck your shit".
So I was browsing back on this thread when I stumbled on to BlackOp's post and it made me think of my question that nobody bit on. I just watched it again last week, and while I'm not buying everything they're selling (especially the space part, you'll see), it DOES make you think. Check it out (and get comfy, it's over 2 hours long)….

DISCLAIMER - they do touch on political elements at certain parts in the doc, but it's not a political documentary
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:41 PM 10-05-2019
No disrespect, but what is a "conspracists ?" I have a degree in English Lit. and I have no idea what this word is.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:18 PM 10-05-2019
It's what happens when I'm thumbing 'conspiracists' on my phone and miss an 'i'.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:27 PM 10-05-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's what happens when I'm thumbing 'conspiracists' on my phone and miss an 'i'.
Ah, gotcha. Thought it might be a new made-up text word.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 84
« First < 24647071727374 75767778 > Last »
Up