ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>Lethal Weapon 5 Greenlit
Tribal Warfare 10:00 PM 11-18-2020

Mel Gibson Says Lethal Weapon 5 Is Happeninghttps://t.co/9ryFncm3kS pic.twitter.com/wSz5MY6tjr

— Comic Book Resources (@CBR) November 18, 2020

[Reply]
Frazod 01:09 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I have no idea what this story can even be about, but I'm in for Mel as Riggs.

Unless they try to do the family comedy shit they did in 4. Man that movie was bad. It was like they wanted to get a PG13 rating and then when they were going to have to make some cuts to get there they just said "fuck it" and released it as an R so it was in a weird mushy middle that was just awful all around.

But Mel is 65 and Glover is 75 - there's just no way to have them as cops in this thing, is there? Obviously they wouldn't be uniformed anyway.

Even money says there's some bizarre woke element to it. Can't have a cop movie with extrajudicial killings these days (and that's pretty much the cornerstone of the Lethal Weapon franchise). So somehow it will be Riggs and Murtaugh in retirement somewhere when riots break out in the community over some police shooting and either it's them VS the cops or them trying to effectuate change within the force somehow.

Y'know what? I've talked myself out of this. They're just going to piss me off. The climate simply doesn't exist for making a movie that properly honors these characters. Whatever happens will almost certainly take away from them.

This movie could've been really good if it were made 10-15 years ago but yeah, I think the ship has sailed. And Gibson has to be Riggs for the movie to be worth a damn so it's probably time to close the book on this.
The whole thing sounds pointless and sad, but one thing that I'm sure won't happen in any Mel Gibson movie is wokeness. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:12 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
, but one thing that I'm sure won't happen in any Mel Gibson movie is wokeness. :-)
heh, no shit!

If this is anything like all his other directorial efforts, it will be a hard R and very violent, even by Lethal Weapon standards.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:23 PM 11-16-2021
bet they don't cock it up with a female lead or passing the torch to some broad
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:26 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The whole thing sounds pointless and sad, but one thing that I'm sure won't happen in any Mel Gibson movie is wokeness. :-)
I think you have irresistible force here vs. immovable object.

Glover loves his social causes. And in the end, Gibson may be all about a little wokeness to try to get himself back into Hollywood's good graces.

He can't be the "I did a guy in Laos from 1,000 yards" Riggs anymore. I just don't think the audience exists for it.

Because you can't just have a shut up and eat your popcorn movie anymore. You can't just go have fun. The only place those happen these days is Netflix on $40-50 million budgets and I just can't see this going that route.

It's gonna be 9 figure movie with a national opening in theaters and some bullshit 'message'....or it ain't gonna get done.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:29 PM 11-16-2021

Unless they try to do the family comedy shit they did in 4. Man that movie was bad. It was like they wanted to get a PG13 rating and then when they were going to have to make some cuts to get there they just said "fuck it" and released it as an R so it was in a weird mushy middle that was just awful all around.

But Mel is 65 and Glover is 75 - there's just no way to have them as cops in this thing, is there? Obviously they wouldn't be uniformed anyway.

Even money says there's some bizarre woke element to it. Can't have a cop movie with extrajudicial killings these days (and that's pretty much the cornerstone of the Lethal Weapon franchise). So somehow it will be Riggs and Murtaugh in retirement somewhere when riots break out in the community over some police shooting and either it's them VS the cops or them trying to effectuate change within the force somehow.

Y'know what? I've talked myself out of this. They're just going to piss me off. The climate simply doesn't exist for making a movie that properly honors these characters. Whatever happens will almost certainly take away from them.

This movie could've been really good if it were made 10-15 years ago but yeah, I think the ship has sailed. And Gibson has to be Riggs for the movie to be worth a damn so it's probably time to close the book on this.
I sense you're trying to say something. . . . What is it Lassie? Lassie, what is it? :-)

from Danny Glover GIFs via Gfycat

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:02 PM 11-16-2021
I think you have irresistible force here vs. immovable object.

Glover loves his social causes. And in the end, Gibson may be all about a little wokeness to try to get himself back into Hollywood's good graces.

He can't be the "I did a guy in Laos from 1,000 yards" Riggs anymore. I just don't think the audience exists for it.

Because you can't just have a shut up and eat your popcorn movie anymore. You can't just go have fun. The only place those happen these days is Netflix on $40-50 million budgets and I just can't see this going that route.

It's gonna be 9 figure movie with a national opening in theaters and some bullshit 'message'....or it ain't gonna get done.
Well hell you're just sucking all the air outta here, nose wide open

Problem is, I fear you're right...
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:47 AM 11-17-2021

Now see, I知 retarded so I値l give them the rope to hang themselves with because. Well why the hell not? This is why we can稚 have nice things.

Was 4 the one with Chris Rock? 3 was the one with Jet Li right?

I知 a sucker for Chris Rock jokes but yeah that movie was shit.

If you want to see shit, watch the series they did on Fox. It had like 3 decent moments in it. And was pure garbage. And I like Wayans a lot.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:48 AM 11-17-2021
LOL. Reerun made a filter. Nice work.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:00 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Now see, I知 reeruned so I値l give them the rope to hang themselves with because. Well why the hell not? This is why we can稚 have nice things.

Was 4 the one with Chris Rock? 3 was the one with Jet Li right?

I知 a sucker for Chris Rock jokes but yeah that movie was shit.

If you want to see shit, watch the series they did on Fox. It had like 3 decent moments in it. And was pure garbage. And I like Wayans a lot.
4 has Chris Rock and Jet Li
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:13 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
4 has Chris Rock and Jet Li
Huh. I don't remember anything about 3 at all. :-)

I enjoyed the Jet Li portion, but yeah, the Rock part sucked.

If he gets away we can track him down later. With a howitzer or something. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 02:40 PM 11-17-2021
I am LEGITMATELY too old for this shit
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up