ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Media Center>Christopher Nolan's 'Tenet'
Sure-Oz 10:35 AM 05-22-2019
@LightsCameraPod: Christopher Nolan's next project is a spy-related movie titled 'Tenet'.

It will star John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh, Dimple Kapadia, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Clémence Poésy.

The movie releases on July 17, 2020. https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/...014658/photo/1

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/c...gh-1203223474/

Casts Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh

By*JUSTIN KROLL

Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh will appear in*Christopher Nolan’s upcoming film, “Tenet.”
Clémence Poésy, Dimple Kapadia, Michael Caine are also joining the cast that includes John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki, and Robert Pattinson.
“Tenet,” which is being filmed on location across seven countries, is an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.
Nolan is directing from his own original screenplay and will use a mix of Imax and 70mm film to bring the story to the big screen.
Nolan and his wife, Emma Thomas are producing the movie, while Thomas Hayslip is serving as executive producer.

Nolan’s behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Hoyte van Hoytema, production designer Nathan Crowley, editor Jennifer Lame, costume designer Jeffrey Kurland, and visual effects supervisor Andrew Jackson. The score is being composed by Ludwig Göransson.

Warner Bros. Pictures is distributing “Tenet” worldwide. It is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2020.
“Tenet” is Nolan’s follow-up to the Oscar-nominated war drama “Dunkirk.” That film became a huge box office hit, collecting $526 million in ticket sales across the globe. It also earned Nolan his first directing Oscar. Nolan’s acclaimed arsenal of work also includes “The Dark Knight” trilogy, “Inception,” and “Interstellar.”
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:10 PM 09-05-2020
I’d like to see Nolan go smaller scale again like Insomnia. A film I really liked.

He doesn’t need to go full scale audio/visual assault every time.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:11 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Nolan has final say over his films, so what you see and hear is exactly as he intended
I get that and I even remarked to my brother as we walked out, that based on his last few films with poor sound mixing that this seems intentional. It's still a shit thing to witness, and really juxtaposes against the high budget feel.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:14 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’d like to see Nolan go smaller scale again like Insomnia. A film I really liked.

Memento is still his best film, and that has the budget of a college film school production.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:27 PM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Memento is still his best film, and that has the budget of a college film school production.
Dark Knight and Interstellar say hol' up now.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:43 PM 09-06-2020

Originally Posted by Bowser:
Dark Knight and Interstellar say hol' up now.
1. Memento
2. Interstellar
3. Dark Knight
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 06:06 PM 09-06-2020
1. Memento
2. Interstellar
3. Dark Knight
Inception is better than Interstellar. Dark Knight is a classic.

I don't believe he has made a bad film.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:38 PM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Inception is better than Interstellar. Dark Knight is a classic.

I don't believe he has made a bad film.
Tenet isn't a bad film. Its also not a good film.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 07:25 PM 09-06-2020
Tenet isn't a bad film. Its also not a good film.
It is a very good film. Seen it twice already and it stands up to multiple viewings. I can get why some people won't like it, but Nolan's universe has rules made to be bent, and his storytelling is top notch.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:58 PM 09-07-2020
Just watched it. Kind of a mixed bag for me. I really liked the first half up until right after the freeway chase stuff. Then it just sort of lost me with all the inversion and time travel stuff. Then it got too long at the end, probably needed to be about 20 minutes shorter.

Nolan overindulged this time. Oh, and i cant say i agreed with the garbled dialogue stuff. Understand it was a artistic decision, but its frustrating for your audience for sure.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:49 PM 09-07-2020
Just watched it. Kind of a mixed bag for me. I really liked the first half up until right after the freeway chase stuff. Then it just sort of lost me with all the inversion and time travel stuff. Then it got too long at the end, probably needed to be about 20 minutes shorter.

Nolan overindulged this time. Oh, and i cant say i agreed with the garbled dialogue stuff. Understand it was a artistic decision, but its frustrating for your audience for sure.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:12 AM 09-08-2020
It's so interesting that I had no problem with the dialogue at a drive-in (through the car radio). Maybe it is the sound setting at the theaters that is the issue.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:14 AM 09-08-2020
Saw it. Got a big meh from me. I was expecting much more, I was expecting a much better movie. The time travel elements were kind of dumb. They were used as an excuse for special effects and to push a plot along that comes straight out of a cookie cutter spy movie, complete with cookie cutter spy movie characters. There were some interesting and fun parts to it. I wouldn't call it a bad movie. Just not really all that good of a movie either. It's forgettable.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:21 AM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's so interesting that I had no problem with the dialogue at a drive-in (through the car radio). Maybe it is the sound setting at the theaters that is the issue.
Perhaps it depends what on the theater sound settings some. But not all? Your telling me you could make out every line during the sailboat scene? Or when soldiers were wearing masks?

Some of it was accent related? For instance John David Washington I could make out pretty well for most of his dialogue, but the British guys I had some problems with at times.

I saw this in a brand new theater with state of the art sound too. I will say that the bass was extremely heavy so it potentially can drown out dialogue.

Dane can probably explain some of the sound issues better.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:24 AM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Saw it. Got a big meh from me. I was expecting much more, I was expecting a much better movie. The time travel elements were kind of dumb. They were used as an excuse for special effects and to push a plot along that comes straight out of a cookie cutter spy movie, complete with cookie cutter spy movie characters. There were some interesting and fun parts to it. I wouldn't call it a bad movie. Just not really all that good of a movie either. It's forgettable.
Pretty much how I felt. It’s not boring, it’s entertaining....obviously extremely well crafted. Just hard to follow in the last hour or so.

The going backwards thing was kinda hokey I agree.

Feelings are very mixed right now. I’ll watch it again next year on HBOmax.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:34 AM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Spoiler!
Hahaha. This would be mind blowing if that’s what he intended.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up