ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Christopher Nolan's 'Tenet'
Sure-Oz 10:35 AM 05-22-2019
@LightsCameraPod: Christopher Nolan's next project is a spy-related movie titled 'Tenet'.

It will star John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh, Dimple Kapadia, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Clémence Poésy.

The movie releases on July 17, 2020. https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/...014658/photo/1

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/c...gh-1203223474/

Casts Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh

By*JUSTIN KROLL

Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh will appear in*Christopher Nolan’s upcoming film, “Tenet.”
Clémence Poésy, Dimple Kapadia, Michael Caine are also joining the cast that includes John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki, and Robert Pattinson.
“Tenet,” which is being filmed on location across seven countries, is an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.
Nolan is directing from his own original screenplay and will use a mix of Imax and 70mm film to bring the story to the big screen.
Nolan and his wife, Emma Thomas are producing the movie, while Thomas Hayslip is serving as executive producer.

Nolan’s behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Hoyte van Hoytema, production designer Nathan Crowley, editor Jennifer Lame, costume designer Jeffrey Kurland, and visual effects supervisor Andrew Jackson. The score is being composed by Ludwig Göransson.

Warner Bros. Pictures is distributing “Tenet” worldwide. It is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2020.
“Tenet” is Nolan’s follow-up to the Oscar-nominated war drama “Dunkirk.” That film became a huge box office hit, collecting $526 million in ticket sales across the globe. It also earned Nolan his first directing Oscar. Nolan’s acclaimed arsenal of work also includes “The Dark Knight” trilogy, “Inception,” and “Interstellar.”
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:49 AM 07-24-2020
Paramount delayed Top Gun Maverick and Quiet Place II again. Both pushed about a year from their original release dates.

By the time Top Gun opens, it will be nearly 3 years after it filmed.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:11 AM 07-27-2020

THIS JUST IN: Christopher Nolan's #Tenet will open in over 70 countries globally starting August 26. Territories will include: Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Russia, Spain & the UK. The film will open in the US over Labor Day weekend in select cities.” pic.twitter.com/BmesQ0XXRF

— Erik Davis (@ErikDavis) July 27, 2020

[Reply]
BWillie 11:27 PM 07-29-2020
Hans Zimmer won't be doing the music.

Will fail as a result.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:41 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Hans Zimmer won't be doing the music.

Will fail as a result.
Ludwig is light years ahead of Hans, who doesn’t even compose anymore, he produces.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:28 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Ludwig is light years ahead of Hans, who doesn’t even compose anymore, he produces.
Hope so.

Whatever Zimmer does captures the perfect imagination and mood the film is trying to accomplish.

I didn't even know who he was until a couple years ago. I started noticing that I LOVED the themes from almost every movie he was involved with.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:44 AM 07-31-2020
Yea, I read once he has some sort of team of guys he works with, and sometimes he just slaps his name on their scores. Is that right?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:21 PM 07-31-2020
Hope so.

Whatever Zimmer does captures the perfect imagination and mood the film is trying to accomplish.

I didn't even know who he was until a couple years ago. I started noticing that I LOVED the themes from almost every movie he was involved with.
Man of Steel soundtrack was so good.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:35 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea, I read once he has some sort of team of guys he works with, and sometimes he just slaps his name on their scores. Is that right?
Hans basically runs a pyramid scheme.

He brings in young composers, pays them very poorly (at one point, as little as $12 dollars an hour). After getting his coffee and lunch and running errands for him for years on end, he'll finally allow these composers to score specific scenes, then puts his name on the copyright, regardless of whether or not he wrote a single note, then sits back and collects between $3-4 million per film.

Some guys break out of his grasp, like Klaus Badelt, who scored the first Pirates of the Carribean movie, only to have Hans pull it away from him after the success of the first film (Klaus and Hans had a MAJOR two year fight that ended in a massive settlement for Klaus).

Other guys toil away for years on end, hoping for their chance before they finally give up and go elsewhere (a lot of guys just quit the business altogether after working for him). I've known several people, from composers to orchestraters, that absolutely hate the man (as does his wife, who's handled all of his business transactions and is now divorcing him) and have stories for days about the shenanigans Hans would pull.

He's also been sued for copyright infringement on multiple occasions and a very close friend of mine is suing him a second time since 2015 in a case that's almost open and shut because he ripped off something almost note-for-note and beat-for-beat. I seriously doubt the untrained ear would even detect a difference.

Also, his company had to redo the Cue Sheet Submission for The Dark Knight in order to be eligible for an Oscar because it listed 17 composers on ONE CUE, which was well over the limit.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:38 PM 07-31-2020
Wow. That...sucks.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:55 PM 07-31-2020

He brings in young composers, pays them very poorly (at one point, as little as $12 dollars an hour). After getting his coffee and lunch and running errands for him for years on end, he'll finally allow these composers to score specific scenes, then puts his name on the copyright, regardless of whether or not he wrote a single note, then sits back and collects between $3-4 million per film.

Some guys break out of his grasp, like Klaus Badelt, who scored the first Pirates of the Carribean movie, only to have Hans pull it away from him after the success of the first film (Klaus and Hans had a MAJOR two year fight that ended in a massive settlement for Klaus).

Other guys toil away for years on end, hoping for their chance before they finally give up and go elsewhere (a lot of guys just quit the business altogether after working for him). I've known several people, from composers to orchestraters, that absolutely hate the man (as does his wife, who's handled all of his business transactions and is now divorcing him) and have stories for days about the shenanigans Hans would pull.

He's also been sued for copyright infringement on multiple occasions and a very close friend of mine is suing him a second time since 2015 in a case that's almost open and shut because he ripped off something almost note-for-note and beat-for-beat. I seriously doubt the untrained ear would even detect a difference.

Also, his company had to redo the Cue Sheet Submission for The Dark Knight in order to be eligible for an Oscar because it listed 17 composers on ONE CUE, which was well over the limit.
Damn you Hans. Damn you. Well, despite being an asshole he knows how to pick the composers & have them mold beautiful music.

Based on my minimal reading of the internet, it appears Zimmer claims that Nolan wanted him to do Tenet but he couldn't because of obligations with the new Dune film. Sniffs like BS to me. Does Zimmer have an affiliation with this Ludwig Gorannson guy?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:55 PM 07-31-2020
Does Zimmer have an affiliation with this Ludwig Gorannson guy?
Nope, not at all.

Ludwig won the Oscar for Best Score for Marvel's Black Panther movie, scores Star Wars The Mandalorian TV series, for which he was Emmy-nominated this year, and won a Grammy for producing and co-writing for Childish Gambino's (Donald Glover) This Is America Album and Song of the Year.

He's more of a Hybrid Electronic/Orchestral composer and I'll be surprised if the score for Tenet isn't very, very good, if not great.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:38 PM 08-04-2020
Disney has decided to drop ‘Mulan’ on Disney+ Sept 4th, but you will have to pay $30 to see it on some special premium tier.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...tenet-theaters
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:48 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Disney has decided to drop ‘Mulan’ on Disney+ Sept 4th, but you will have to pay $30 to see it on some special premium tier.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...tenet-theaters

We will definitely be watching it.
[Reply]
Jenson71 10:18 PM 08-04-2020
Interesting stuff. Is that kind of “apprenticeship” program limited to Hans Zimmer or is that somewhat typical with some of the big names, like Horner, Shore, Williams, etc?

I’ve appreciated a lot of Hans Zimmers work on Nolan and Howard films. Now I guess I’ll just say that I appreciate the music and the talent that went into that.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:08 AM 08-21-2020
Presale tix on sale now.
If it’s playing In your area? It is mine. They are doing pre screenings Aug 31-Sep 2
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up