ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 84
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Media Center>Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric
keg in kc 05:43 PM 01-17-2015
Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...
[Reply]
Rausch 07:19 AM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The pedo rings are real, I just don't think the podesta emails are any part of it. I think there's real stuff in there that was sidelined by this.
I think Podesta is absolutely part of it but the pizza place is just a pizza place.

Just because a large group of pot heads hang out at a comic book shop doesn't mean the comics shop has anything to do with drugs. A lot of these pedo rings work through charities and religious orgs...
[Reply]
O.city 05:47 PM 04-08-2018
I wonder what the effect would be if there was ever defininitive proof of extraterrestrial visits or something of the sort?

How do you guys think people would react?
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:13 PM 04-08-2018
Depending on what the extraterrestrials are, I think the reaction would be mostly 'no shit.' We've had 60 years of programming through scifi books, comic books, tv series and movies. It's not nearly the same world as when the Brookings Report was written. Unless they came in phasers blasting, I don't think there'd be civil unrest or people giving up on religion. At least no more than normal.
[Reply]
O.city 06:50 PM 04-08-2018
Depending on what the extraterrestrials are, I think the reaction would be mostly 'no shit.' We've had 60 years of programming through scifi books, comic books, tv series and movies. It's not nearly the same world as when the Brookings Report was written. Unless they came in phasers blasting, I don't think there'd be civil unrest or people giving up on religion. At least no more than normal.
I dunno I’m not sure how the religion could continue at that point
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:58 PM 04-08-2018
Religion's dying on its own already. At least in the US.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:03 PM 04-08-2018
I believe all the extra radio waves from electronics are making people more crazy.
[Reply]
O.city 07:08 PM 04-08-2018
Religion's dying on its own already. At least in the US.
I’m not sure about that

But a legit alien ship landing and communicating would seem to be a little different
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:07 PM 04-08-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m not sure about that

But a legit alien ship landing and communicating would seem to be a little different
Pretty well-known fact. Attendance is down almost everywhere.

Another sort of related thing is that the Catholics have been really open about alien life the last few years, along with some other denominations.
[Reply]
loochy 05:50 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I dunno I’m not sure how the religion could continue at that point
I still don't get what that has to do with religion.

Thou shalt not discover aliens?
Dirka dirka jihad no aliens?
If one sees aliens then one shall never ascend into nirvana?

What religion forbids aliens?
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:

True,

Just seems would be somewhat difficult to reconcile the two.
[Reply]
banecat 05:53 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:

Some sects of Christianity claim aliens are demons
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:57 PM 04-09-2018
I think tomorrow the day planet x is supposed to finally be revealed to the world.

When it doesn't happen they'll just pick another day...

I think I've seen about 27 raptures in my adult life, so far, and several guaranteed ends of the world.

One of the latest is that the world actually did end in 2012, we just didn't realize it at the time, and that's what all the Mandela Effect stuff is about.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:00 PM 04-09-2018
I think tomorrow the day planet x is supposed to finally be revealed to the world.

I think I've seen about 27 raptures in my adult life, so far, and several guaranteed ends of the world.

One of the latest is that the world actually did end in 2012, we just didn't realize it at the time, and that's what all the Mandela Effect stuff is about.
It can't be a Mandela Effect if you don't know the effect is taking place.

(Right?)
[Reply]
O.city 08:40 AM 04-10-2018

Wait wut?
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:10 AM 04-10-2018
He'll if I know.

The weirdest thing is, to sort of tie this back to the question of religion and its reaction to UFOs, that most of the craziest conspiracies, like planet x or CERN opening doorways to another dimension, are championed by hyper-conservative ultra-anti-science evangelical Christians. Literally everything is demons and/or end times prophesy. The eclipse last year? Beginning of Judgement, cause it crossed the US, and there's another in 7 years that crosses the US and makes a big X. CERN? Devil-worshippers trying to break the 7 seals, and if you look at images from the site you can see demon faces as they begin to break through. Planet X? It's wormwood, and it's already visible in the sky. Except that it's not, cause the elites are hiding it with chemtrails and a special jet that flies 24 hours a day screening it from the world's view using a fake sun. Flat earth? It fit exactly with the book of genesis. Except for the giant ice wall that circles us, which sounds like GRRM. But the rest, totally biblical.

It's all like really bad science fiction. They literally hate science. But still try to use it - obviously without understanding it at all - to justify every whacked-out belief they have. Did you know that carbon dating actually proves the 6000 year biblical timeline? That's just one of the thousands of bizarre faux theories floated with unabashed confirmation bias all over the interwebs.

And that's how at least some reaction to actual UFO disclosure would go: they wouldn't believe it. It would be the CIA deceiving the masses through a Project Blue Beam hoax. The 'truth' is that there are no extraterrestrials, only demons coming here at the end times to try and harvest souls.

It's very entertaining. And somewhat frightening, in terms of how much our whacked-out fundamentalists can resemble their fundamentalist brethren of the Muslim variety.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 84
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Up