ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 26
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Media Center>Warrant Vs. Winger Vs. Cinderalla Vs. Poison Vs. Slaughter
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 05-07-2009
The Ultimate showdown. Who kicks more a$$ ???
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:39 PM 01-04-2015
The Rolling Stones still put out new music every few years. They still sell decent I guess? At least enough to make it worth their while.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:14 PM 01-04-2015
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The Rolling Stones still put out new music every few years. They still sell decent I guess? At least enough to make it worth their while.
The Rolling Stones are a legendary act spanning six decades that defined rock and roll. They continued to release relevant music for more than three decades.

Most of these 80's hair bands were contained to one decade, if not half a decade.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 12:09 PM 01-05-2015
yeah, Ozzy is the only sleazy/cheesy metal act that survived the 90's. I can't think of any others. Can you, Dane?
[Reply]
Dayze 12:38 PM 01-06-2015
I was 'done' seeing some of my favorite bands a few years when they came back though town (ACDC, Crue, VH, etc). You know...like Motley Cruie. I was so stoked. Never got to see them in my youth (wasn't quite old enough during Shout At the Devil etc).

my god..they ...sucked....hard. Thankfully, Godsmack was one of the other 'headliners' for Crue Fest and they killed it. half the time Vince didn't even finish the verses of the songs; or got the words wrong.....or was out of key.....or was out of breath. Mick, being 174 years old, literally stood in 1 spot the entire night 9but he gets a pass because of his hip, and his age). The only guy in that band that 'earned' my money was Nikki Sixx. It was just awful.

that was the last time I went to see one of my favorite bands when the came through town. The time before that (or maybe shortly after that....very close together) was Guns N Roses. complete waste of money. My wife and I just ended up sitting outside in the lounge area of the Midland Theater drinking beer, and people watching while the rest of our group was inside listening to the 'music'. which was ALL vocals and ALL bass drum. Could not hear any of the guitars, solos or melodies, that made GNR what they are.

no more concerts for Dayze unless it's Godsmack, Tesla, Tool, or Foo Fighters.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:25 PM 01-06-2015
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
yeah, Ozzy is the only sleazy/cheesy metal act that survived the 90's. I can't think of any others. Can you, Dane?
Bon Jovi maybe?
[Reply]
Brock 06:54 PM 01-06-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It was basically a Sixx: AM record with Vince "singing" and Mick doing guitar solos. The drums were programmed by Michael James, the guitars and bass cut by MJ & DJ Ashba. MJ produced it. The guitars weren't even recorded. They used a digital guitar amp simulator instead of mics, cabinets and amps.

Basically, least expensive way possible to make a record.
Wow. That's incredible.

I've always wanted to ask you if there always has been and conti ues to be a "wrecking crew" type of group of hired guns that actually were the ones who played on all those notable records. Nevermind comes to mind. And if so would we know who any of them are.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:55 PM 01-06-2015
The Rolling Stones are a legendary act spanning six decades that defined rock and roll. They continued to release relevant music for more than three decades.
I really like A Bigger Bang! and Voodoo Lounge a lot. Bridges to Babylon is an odd duck but has its moments as well.

The 'worst' Stones album is still a really good slab of rock and roll. Unless you're talking about Satanic Majesties...which isn't very good, even for what it is. Couple good tunes on there, too though - She's A Rainbow, 2000 Man, 2000 Light Years from Home...

Nope, not a bad Stones album at all.

Can't say the same thing about Poison, really. Or Def Leppard. Mötley's latest with Vince wasn't very 'Mötley sounding'. The new AC/DC really doesn't sound good, and it has nothing to do with the band's performance, it just doesn't sound good.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:57 PM 01-06-2015
And for the record (and I'm not sure why I didn't bring this up back in the day) but the only person from Warrant that appeared on their debut record that was Jani Lane.

All of the other players were studio musicians, although Mike Slamer cut all of the guitar solos. It was produced in several different studios and if you listen closely, you'll hear the sound of album isn't consistent.
It's a good album. Good production by Beau Hill to make it sound cohesive.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:58 PM 01-06-2015
It was basically a Sixx: AM record with Vince "singing" and Mick doing guitar solos. The drums were programmed by Michael James, the guitars and bass cut by MJ & DJ Ashba. MJ produced it. The guitars weren't even recorded. They used a digital guitar amp simulator instead of mics, cabinets and amps.

And it sounds like it.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:00 PM 01-06-2015
Originally Posted by Brock:
Wow. That's incredible.

I've always wanted to ask you if there always has been and conti ues to be a "wrecking crew" type of group of hired guns that actually were the ones who played on all those notable records. Nevermind comes to mind. And if so would we know who any of them are.
Nevermind is all Nirvana.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:01 PM 01-06-2015
Originally Posted by Dayze:

no more concerts for Dayze unless it's Godsmack, Tesla, Tool, or Foo Fighters.
Tesla still rocks.

Hard.
[Reply]
Brock 07:34 PM 01-06-2015
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I don't think so.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:57 PM 01-06-2015
Butch played a lot of the guitars on Nevermind and of course, shaped the songs as well as engineering their sound. If they had released another album that sounded like Bleach they would have never broken.

A&R people all around town were fired after Nevermind broke. But who, other than Geffen and Butch Vig, thought the band could go from Bleach to Nevermind?
[Reply]
Bowser 11:17 PM 01-06-2015
Tesla still rocks.

Hard.
Tesla is going to be at the Midland next month. I'm in for that one.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:22 PM 01-06-2015

Kind of on topic - I heard Jake E. Lee on Eddie Trunk's show about a month ago talking about how it was playing for Ozzy back in the day. He went full disclosure and explained all his dealings with Sharon. Two things - 1) It really is crazy how they go about doing the licks and how easily someone can be replaced if the people in charge so decide. Jake talked about how much love and passion he put into coming up with his music, and how it can be deconstructed so easily. And 2) Sharon Osbourne is a fucking. cunt. Wow.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 26
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up