ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Media Center>Warrant Vs. Winger Vs. Cinderalla Vs. Poison Vs. Slaughter
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 05-07-2009
The Ultimate showdown. Who kicks more a$$ ???
[Reply]
Dayze 04:42 PM 12-19-2014
I saw Keifer perform at Throttlefest, and it sounded great. I hadn't heard any Cinderella, or Keifer music is years....and honestly didn't even put two and two together when I saw that Tom Keifer was on the bill.

but even the hair metal Cinderella still stands the test of time.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:49 PM 12-19-2014
Of all those guys, Cinderella is the clearcut winner IMO... they were basically AC/DC with more musical range, and they were outstanding live.

Warrant? pshhh, but Uncle Toms Cabin was good.

Poison, seen them twice opening for RATT, awesome live band, they felt like the headliner not the opener... CC Deville was a very underrated guy, he had some ripping solos.

Slaughter? shit band... but I talked to Mark Slaughter for a good 10 minutes backstage one time and he was SUPER cool, even when the rest of his band were being total jackoffs... he even put a stage banter together based on our backstage discussion, so I'll always give him his props, a helluva singer with great range.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:05 PM 12-19-2014
As it is with most bands, its the early days that hooked me, they're not rich yet and still living on the couches and coke of random girls across the USA...

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:21 PM 12-19-2014
CC is a shredder, he was almost in GNR over Slash, but they rightly decided he wasnt quite right for them... still though...

[Reply]
Big Tedd 05:39 PM 12-19-2014
My vote goes to Cinderella too. Bad Seamstress Blues.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:44 PM 12-19-2014
Originally Posted by Big Tedd:
My vote goes to Cinderella too. Bad Seamstress Blues.
Killer choice, its this kinda thing that separated them from the pack...

[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:41 AM 12-20-2014
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Of all those guys, Cinderella is the clearcut winner IMO... they were basically AC/DC with more musical range, and they were outstanding live.

Warrant? pshhh, but Uncle Toms Cabin was good.

Poison, seen them twice opening for RATT, awesome live band, they felt like the headliner not the opener... CC Deville was a very underrated guy, he had some ripping solos.

Slaughter? shit band... but I talked to Mark Slaughter for a good 10 minutes backstage one time and he was SUPER cool, even when the rest of his band were being total jackoffs... he even put a stage banter together based on our backstage discussion, so I'll always give him his props, a helluva singer with great range.
:-)
[Reply]
eDave 12:58 AM 12-20-2014
Cinderella wins. I move we start a new "Ultimate" poll. Some Whitesnake, Skidrow, Europe, et al?

And Motley Crue was pretty damn good too.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 01:08 AM 12-20-2014
Originally Posted by eDave:
Cinderella wins. I move we start a new "Ultimate" poll. Some Whiteshake, Skidrow. Europe?
Assuming you mean Whitesnake, that's another no-contest. Whitesnake way, way better than the other two.
[Reply]
eDave 01:10 AM 12-20-2014
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Assuming you mean Whitesnake, that's another no-contest. Whitesnake way, way better than the other two.
Yes and no doubt. I'm a big fan of Sebastian Bach's voice though.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:13 AM 12-20-2014
Cinderella kicked ass. Fred Coury was a sick drummer.

A couple other bands that rocked back from that era that don't get their due are Tesla, Kix, and Dangerous Toys. Cry of Love too, but that was a little later.

When people make fun of any of the bands listed in the title, I tell them that they don't know what 'shitty hair bands' are.

Trixter...Bang Tango...Enuff Z' Nuff...Faster Pussycat.

I rest my case.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:53 AM 12-20-2014
Throw in LA Guns for the next round.....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:54 AM 12-21-2014
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Cinderella kicked ass. Fred Coury was a sick drummer.
Fred Coury never appeared on any of the 80's Cinderella albums.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 01:06 AM 12-21-2014
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
When people make fun of any of the bands listed in the title, I tell them that they don't know what 'shitty hair bands' are.

Trixter...Bang Tango...Enuff Z' Nuff...Faster Pussycat.

I rest my case.
Firehouse. BulletBoys. Nitro. Femme Fatale. Autograph. Saigon Kick. By that time, the monster was eating itself. Dark days.

The rapid rise and even more rapid demise of the hair band movement is the classic cautionary tale of greedy music industry mogul shenanigans. The good bands couldn't release new music quickly enough, so they lured in and cranked out as many marginally marketable but artistically vapid acts as they could, with no care whether they were good or would last, just that they would get a video on MTV.

In short, by the time that Riki Rachtman said it was dying, it was already dead.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 01:07 AM 12-21-2014
And I apologize, but I just have to remind everyone of exactly what I'm talking about. Behold the atrocity that is Nitro's "Freight Train".

[Reply]
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up