ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 26
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Media Center>Warrant Vs. Winger Vs. Cinderalla Vs. Poison Vs. Slaughter
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 05-07-2009
The Ultimate showdown. Who kicks more a$$ ???
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:19 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by THISmaqe:
I know, it was a joke.
Well you suck at jokes :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:19 PM 05-08-2009
London.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:24 PM 05-08-2009
I call your Southgang and raise you one Bang Tango!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmx_Dnx5f-Y

(fuckers are getting back together and trying to market their shit, so no embed! :-))
Southgang may have been weak, but the band featured a young star in Butch Walker, producer and songwriter extraordinaire.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:26 PM 05-08-2009
:-) at Hurricane. I actually bought that album and remembered liking it. I will have to refresh my memory on it now.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:32 PM 05-08-2009
This thread is annihilating any other thread that ever existed before it; HOC-Bound!!!!

Alright, let's get to work:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Thank God that dude wasted himself with a shotgun, Saved the world from more junk music....
I disagree. "Bleach" is a fantastic, raw record that kicks the shit out of anything that came after it. They never should have gone to Geffen. I went to that tour when they were opening for 24/7 Spyz at the Outhouse in Beak-ville; they kicked ass.

Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
great white would burn this pole to the mother fucking ground
Why couldn't THEY have been booked at the Alrosa Village instead of Damageplan?

Originally Posted by blaise:
I doesn't matter how skilled you are if you can't write something good. That's like an English teacher with great command of grammar that writes hack garbage stories no one likes saying she's a better writer than Cormac McCarthy. Maybe Metallica couldn't play what he could, the difference is he couldn't write what Metallica could.
Besides, his name is Kip. I think you're almost automatically a douche just for that.
:-) I liken it to Michael Angelo: Playing a 4-neck guitar is a unique skill, but no one's going to stick around for an entire set of two-handed wankage if you can't write a fucking tune.

Originally Posted by blaise:
No one else in the world could have made that song. It was genius. Okay, maybe a band like Autograph could have, or even the Bullet Boys, but no one else could have.

- Kip Winger
:-) Actually BB were a fucking BEAST live; that singer got panties in a bunch with just a 200-yard stare.

Originally Posted by patteeu:
I bet you'll be there if Extreme or Faster Pussycat are in the lineup!

I love FP, but Extreme can forever lick my balls for that goddamned, panty-wetter, Everly Brothers rip-off. The drummer in that video holds up his lighter at one point and had I been on the set, I would have augmented it with flammable hairspray and torched every one of those fuckers.

FWIW, here's VH1's Top 40 Hair Bands of all time list:

GOD: KISS!
1st Disciple: Hanoi Rocks
1. Poison???? Bull fucking shit, VH1; die in fire!
2. Twisted Sister
3. Bon Jovi
4. Motley Crue
5. Cinderella
6. Warrant
7. Quiet Riot
8. Def Leppard
9. Slaughter
10. Dokken
11. Ratt
12. Winger
13. Whitesnake
14. White Lion
15. Great White
16. Lita Ford
17. Skid Row
18. Kiss (WTF is THIS SHIT?!?!?!? Time to make a correction!)
19. Britny Fox
20. Scorpions
21. Europe
22. WASP
23. Vixen
24. Firehouse
25. Danger, Danger
26. Mr. Big
27. Stryper
28. LA Guns
29. Trixter
30. Bullet Boys
31. Tesla
32. Saigon Kick
33. Kix
34. Autograph
35. Faster P*ssycat
36. Night Ranger
37. Steelheart
38. Jackyl
39. Extreme
40. Hanoi Rocks \ Michael Monroe( You've got to be fucking kidding me!?!?!? Time for another correction! )
Anyone not highlighted; Ray Farmer wants to see you in his office!

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Enuff z Nuff already.
I've actually got two of their tunes on my MP3 right now.

Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
why does 38 special need two drummers for one drum line
Because to much heroin makes you "hold on loosely" to your drumsticks, and two drummers increase the odds of making through the set with minimal fuck ups.

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm not denying that. What I addressed was the fact they had "no talent". That's absurd.

Yep. Mutt programmed the drums, produced, sang backgrounds and edited that band together (the old fashioned way - with a razor, not "cut, copy, paste").

The "circumstances" you speak of were enormous amounts of fame of fortune, which allowed each member the opportunity to exercise their ego, especially Axl. Once Izzy became disinterested, the songwriting diminished and the chemistry was never the same after he left and Adler was fired.

I love Matt as a drummer (and we enjoyed several nights of debauchery in the mid-late 90's) but he was too stiff for Guns 'N' Roses. He's better in VR but VR would have been a much better band had Izzy decided to join.
Matt's a great drummer, but his "feel" wrecked GNR for me. He went on to tour with the Cult, but the drummer who recorded 'Sonic Temple' with those guys( Mickey Finn if I'm not mistaken ), his "rock feel" was just fucking tits.

No, read it again. Metallica without Cliff Burton = YUCK.

The only Metallica album I even own is "Kill 'em All". I can tolerate AJFA, but the "Black" album tears it for me - AWFUL.
Anything post-Justice = SHIT.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:37 PM 05-08-2009
Mickey Curry played on "Sonic Temple" (as well as a few other Bob Rock produced records. Ahem).

Matt played on 2001's "Beyond Good and Evil".
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:41 PM 05-08-2009
Ok Hurricane isn't as good as I remembered. :-) Over the Edge is still a pretty good song but the rest just sucks. Plus you can't be a real 80's hair band without a power ballad or 2.
[Reply]
Brock 02:44 PM 05-08-2009
I still haven't listened to any of the new GnR. Should I?
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:46 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by Brock:
I still haven't listened to any of the new GnR. Should I?
I didn't care for it
[Reply]
Brock 02:46 PM 05-08-2009
Also x2 on GnR going to shit when Izzy quit.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:47 PM 05-08-2009
new gnr is crumbly
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:50 PM 05-08-2009
This isn't even a fair fight... Cinderella, they were better than most back in the 80s and still today, they're rock solid on tour.

Warrant, Winger and Slaughter shouldn't even qualify for this debate... they had a few good songs between them, but nothing that rivals Cinderella's success.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:54 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
This isn't even a fair fight... Cinderella, they were better than most back in the 80s and still today, they're rock solid on tour.

Warrant, Winger and Slaughter shouldn't even qualify for this debate... they had a few good songs between them, but nothing that rivals Cinderella's success.
Poison was probably more successful than Cinderella but I agree about them being better than the other 3 bands.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:56 PM 05-08-2009
Oh god here comes the warriers of cinderella, PUMP THAT DEVIL HORNS YOU ROCKERS OUT THERE ROCKERS OF CINDERELLA
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:57 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Mickey Curry played on "Sonic Temple" (as well as a few other Bob Rock produced records. Ahem).

Matt played on 2001's "Beyond Good and Evil".
There ya' go. Mickey Finn was the guy from Jetboy. The other records, I'm gonna' guess Dr. Feelgood and the Black Album.

Yep, that's definitely Matt on "Good and Evil".
[Reply]
Page 14 of 26
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up