ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>HBOmax: Raised by Wolves
keg in kc 12:49 PM 09-05-2020
I've only watched the pilot so far, but this show was not what I expected after watching a trailer a few weeks back...

It's high concept science fiction, first ep directed by Ridley Scott. Everything about the production was glossy and cinematic.

Full episode is free on youtube:

I have a feeling there will be some talk about this. It's not (yet) as "socially relevant" as Lovecraft Country, but I think this may better stand the test of time.

The caveat being "based on the one episode I've seen..."
[Reply]
Third Eye 05:29 PM 09-05-2020
First episode was... okay, and that also seems to be the critical consensus. I was honestly a little let down as I really was intrigued by what I had read in the run up to the premiere. I’ll give it some time though, but I don’t think this one will make it as one of my favorites which I had thought it might have the potential to be.
[Reply]
unlurking 01:20 PM 09-27-2020
Maybe it's just me, but I'm loving this show. Amanda Collin is just amazingly creepy in this.

EDIT:
Oh, just wanted to say fuck AT&T for their completely shitty treatment of Linux and Roku users. Seriously, fuck AT&T's handling of HBO, HBO GO, HBO NOW, HBO MAX. It's an absolute shit show.

I have HBO through Hulu, which includes access to HBO MAX but forces me to log in separately to the HBO MAX site instead of being able to access that content through Hulu. Last month HBO MAX began actively blocking Linux users from accessing the site. Apparently Roku users are in the same boat. I have an Nvidia SHIELD which can access the content, but that is on a room/TV I don't normally use. Using the SHIELD to watch is the most inconvenient method. Downloading via torrent is less inconvenient, but still annoying and a PITA. Accessing via the website would be my preferred method. Again, fuck AT&T.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:31 PM 09-27-2020
Still watching, although I haven't seen this week's episodes yet.
[Reply]
Third Eye 08:57 PM 09-27-2020
I’m still watching too, but that’s mostly due to a lack of quality sci-fi choices. Thematically I find it incredibly heavy handed, and the writing/characters haven’t impressed that much either. I will say that I’ve really liked some of the art direction and set pieces, particularly the lovemaking session in the sim.
[Reply]
Up