ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Old school PC gamers - any good way to play old PC games?
htismaqe 07:38 AM 08-27-2020
I have some old XP-era games I would love to play again. Unfortunately, Windows 10 doesn't support SafeDisc so I can't install them on Windows 10.

I also don't have any hardware that will fully support older versions of Windows (driver issues) so I can just game on an older machine.

Are there emulators out there or some other way to play older games that I have on disk? Some of these games aren't on Steam so digital isn't an option either.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:45 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
As far as SafeDisc goes; there are multiple work arounds. One involves forcing Windows 10 to load the driver in a developer mode. There's also various programs which will remove the SafeDisc wrapper.
I've tried loading the driver in developer mode. Didn't work. Also tried several disk hack/No CD hacks, none of them worked either.

Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
For copying Windows to a new drive, there are lots of free programs to do it. I remember using xcopy with the switches to copy hidden/system files. Then an fdisk/mbr to make the drive bootable...
Yeah, there's lots of ways to do it but since I own AEOMI and it's basically a 1-click process, that's the way I'm gonna go.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up