ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 319
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:01 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
My preference at this point if the draft shakes out the way the mocks are trending would be DE at #1, OT at #2, WR at #3.
Mine are DE, OC and WR in the first three rounds. Doesn’t have to be in that order.

Go find an OT in FA that fits the system and can start for Fisher and not be Cam Erving level bad.

I could see them finding a center in FA though and taking a OT in the first three rounds.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:06 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I get it, I do.

But I don't think we're in a position to "hedge".

We should bring in starters, not backups. If you're "hedging" you're admitting from the get go that said draft pick is going to be a backup, at least for some time, under normal circumstances.

I just don't like it. Too many needs to be spending resources on contingency plans. For sure, draft volume for depth but not in the early rounds.
I don't care if you draft Jesus Christ to play wide receiver, Hill and Kelce are your top two receivers. We've gotten perfectly respectable WR3 numbers out of Watkins/Robinson/Pringle/Hardman. Do we need to be working new talent in? Of course.

None of it's going to matter if the opponent has a stout front 4 that can get to Mahomes and can drop 7 in coverage. You're likely to run into that in the play-offs or a Super Bowl.

Now, injury problems are what made that happen; but again, in September you've got one decent starter in LDT coming back, and we're writing in Niang who hasn't played football in almost two years. And I think we've got MAYBE one guy in Alegretti that might be starter quality.

That's not going to get you to SB 56.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 AM 02-15-2021
I don't care if you draft Jesus Christ to play wide receiver, Hill and Kelce are your top two receivers. We've gotten perfectly respectable WR3 numbers out of Watkins/Robinson/Pringle/Hardman. Do we need to be working new talent in? Of course.

None of it's going to matter if the opponent has a stout front 4 that can get to Mahomes and can drop 7 in coverage. You're likely to run into that in the play-offs or a Super Bowl.

Now, injury problems are what made that happen; but again, in September you've got one decent starter in LDT coming back, and we're writing in Niang who hasn't played football in almost two years. And I think we've got MAYBE one guy in Alegretti that might be starter quality.

That's not going to get you to SB 56.
By that logic, neither is a draft pick.

I'm not sure why you keep coming back to drafting an OT when the nit you're picking is lack of experience.

A drafted OT hasn't started a game in the NFL, just like Niang. So something seems to be wrong here.
[Reply]
O.city 11:13 AM 02-15-2021
The sb left a bad ol taste in everyone’s mouth but they’ll have that figured out. They won’t have the same bad luck
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:15 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
By that logic, neither is a draft pick.

I'm not sure why you keep coming back to drafting an OT when the nit you're picking is lack of experience.

A drafted OT hasn't started a game in the NFL, just like Niang. So something seems to be wrong here.
again, you're making intellectually dishonest arguments, man.

What are the chances any draft pick becomes a success? Less than 50%.

What are the chances that one of two is a success? Much better odds.

You're just arguing to be an asshole.

Fuck it. I'm out of here. I'll see you guys in September.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:19 AM 02-15-2021

Come on, man.

Why do people get SO emotional about the offensive line discussion?

I'm not being intentionally dishonest. I'm sincerely trying to understand where you are coming from.

If your argument is that you're throwing numbers at it to improve your chances of success, that's fine.

I still don't agree but at least I now know why you're advocating it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:21 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The sb left a bad ol taste in everyone’s mouth but they’ll have that figured out. They won’t have the same bad luck
That's exactly it.

I think everybody is overly burnt from the SB. It bothered me for 2 or 3 days but I'm over it.

It isn't going to happen again, so I'm not sure why everybody is so emotional about this offensive line.

I mean, this is becoming like the QB discussion during the Smith years. It's the OFFENSIVE LINE for God's sake. We have MAHOMES.

It will get worked out, it's not going to be perfect but nothing ever is. We've got as close to perfection at QB though and that's going to be enough 9 times out of 10.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:23 AM 02-15-2021
For all the talk about how bad our offensive line was against the Bucs....

We had Fisher and Schwartz and still had blocking issues against the 49ers. So no....offensive line doesn’t solve everything.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:24 AM 02-15-2021
I think a big part of the problem is that everybody just assumes that in a discussion like this, pointing out potential flaws in someone's argument is seen as an attempt to create a "gotcha" moment.

That's social media in a nutshell. I get it, people (including me) have been doing it for 20 years here.

But that doesn't mean that every aspect of a discussion is an attempt at leverage or looking for a way to make somebody look foolish.

Everybody needs to take a step back, take a deep breath, and look at this logically.

Sorry Chris. I wasn't trying AT ALL to piss you off. There's no reason to leave, you contribute way too much to the discussion and even though I don't necessarily agree with every idea you have, I appreciate the depth of knowledge and thought you put into them.

We need more quality football posts here and you're a big part of that.
[Reply]
-King- 11:25 AM 02-15-2021
The only way I'd bring sammy back is league minimum and he plays just enough snaps in the regular season to keep him in football shape and then he can play full games in the post season. Shit even then he'd likely get hurt, so yeah what's the point of bringing him back.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:26 AM 02-15-2021
God damn man. Nobody needs to leave over this shit in fucking February. Literally everyone is just guessing at this point.
[Reply]
Pants 11:27 AM 02-15-2021

See ya!
[Reply]
-King- 11:27 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And where are you finding two starting tackles? Keep in mind that they aren’t drafting tackles in the first and second round and starting them.
Why not?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:28 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Also, we lost that game because we had backups on the offensive line pretty much at every position. We aren’t fielding 10 starting offensive linemen next year.
The shifting around on top of that jacked everything up.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:30 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why not?
How many rookie offensive linemen has Reid started in the past?
[Reply]
Page 70 of 319
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Up