Jalen Mayfield, T, Michigan
Samuel Cosmi, T, Texas

DE:

Azeez Ojulari, Georgia
Jaelan Phillips, Miami
Jayson Oweh, Penn St.
[Reply]
Chargem 02:33 PM 12-28-2020
I think we (this board) value picking another linebacker higher up much more than the Chiefs do/will.

If I remember correctly, Hitchens contract pretty much has no out for the next 2 years until it ends, hopefully Gay is on the field for 95% of snaps next year so unless the Chiefs are going to play a ton of base there won't be many snaps for another LB?

I personally think they might target a LB in the 3rd/4th/5th instead.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:56 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I think we (this board) value picking another linebacker higher up much more than the Chiefs do/will.

If I remember correctly, Hitchens contract pretty much has no out for the next 2 years until it ends, hopefully Gay is on the field for 95% of snaps next year so unless the Chiefs are going to play a ton of base there won't be many snaps for another LB?

I personally think they might target a LB in the 3rd/4th/5th instead.
I don’t expect them to take a LB in the 1st either, but it’s still possible considering it’s still one of our biggest needs for the future.

Collins or Bolton just might be BPA.

The Chiefs, under Reid, have a history of drafting for future departures the following year. Remember, even CEH wasn’t supposed to be the starter this year. Replacing Hitchens is a lot on the mental side, so it’s possible that they could want to get ahead of it and draft their guy a year early. That way when Hitchens is gone, you have 2 good young LB’s. You could also play Gay and the rookie a lot more in subs so we don’t have to see Niemann on the field anymore and avoid Hitchens in coverage as much as possible.

Again, I agree that it’s unlikely, but it’s absolutely possible.
[Reply]
O.city 03:10 PM 12-28-2020
If Bolton is there, I'd take him. He's a stud.

I really like Humphrey and Davis the more I've read about them.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:03 PM 12-28-2020
Najee Harris too
[Reply]
RunKC 04:26 PM 12-28-2020
Creed Humphrey looks like an Andy Reid fantasy. He’s really big and very fast for his size. Kinda reminds me of Mitch Morse without the injury concern.

Not sure we’d take him so early but I wouldn’t be mad at it
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:11 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Creed Humphrey looks like an Andy Reid fantasy. He’s really big and very fast for his size. Kinda reminds me of Mitch Morse without the injury concern.

Not sure we’d take him so early but I wouldn’t be mad at it
As I said before, the Chiefs needs are different because of the Mahomes investment to amplify his success and keeping him upright.

Thus,OL, and RB are needs higher on the list because of the Chiefs generational QB who can utilize these assets in comparison to a "good" QB where it would be wasted.

We need the Half-Billion Dollar Man to be secure and confident
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:36 PM 12-28-2020
I would include Chris Olave and Terrance Marshall, Jr. in the WR group.

Marshall is really interesting... he's a 6'3" receiver, but LSU has used him outside AND in the slot, and he separates really well for a guy that size.

Olave is a separation machine (very Terry McLaurin) but is pretty skinny without much room for adding muscle mass.

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Najee Harris too
I don't see any way they invest another Rd 1 pick in a RB this soon after Clyde. Especialy Najee Harris, who is a stiff, upright, traditional RB.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:40 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I would include Chris Olave and Terrance Marshall, Jr. in the WR group.

Marshall is really interesting... he's a 6'3" receiver, but LSU has used him outside AND in the slot, and he separates really well for a guy that size.

Olave is a separation machine (very Terry McLaurin) but is pretty skinny without much room for adding muscle mass.

I don't see any way they invest another Rd 1 pick in a RB this soon after Clyde. Especialy Najee Harris, who is a stiff, upright, traditional RB.
I really like Olave and Marshall too, but I feel like if we go WR in round 1 it will be because one of those other guys fell into our lap. Otherwise, I think there will be an EDGE, IOL, or LB available that we’d take over those 2.

I’d be good with either of those 2 though. Even better if we could get them after trading down a few spots.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:51 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I really like Olave and Marshall too, but I feel like if we go WR in round 1 it will be because one of those other guys fell into our lap. Otherwise, I think there will be an EDGE, IOL, or LB available that we’d take over those 2.

I’d be good with either of those 2 though. Even better if we could get them after trading down a few spots.

Yeah. All comes down to grade.

If you have Marshall and Olave as top 30 players and an IOL as a top 50 player, hard to see them sticking at 32 and still taking the IOL.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:54 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah. All comes down to grade.

If you have Marshall and Olave as top 30 players and an IOL as a top 50 player, hard to see them sticking at 32 and still taking the IOL.
Agreed. I’d probably have both of those guys in that 30-40 range. Marshall is a little higher because of his size, which I think would compliment Hill and Hardman perfectly. Olave is a great fit too though.

Toney is climbing up my board every time I watch more of him. He is really intriguing with his RAC ability. He’s like the Kamara of WR’s the way he glides around the field and just bounces off tackles so uniquely.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:07 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Agreed. I’d probably have both of those guys in that 30-40 range. Marshall is a little higher because of his size, which I think would compliment Hill and Hardman perfectly. Olave is a great fit too though.

Toney is climbing up my board every time I watch more of him. He is really intriguing with his RAC ability. He’s like the Kamara of WR’s the way he glides around the field and just bounces off tackles so uniquely.

Toney probably fits the system the best. He’s 5/11-6 and super twitched up. He’s also thick and just explosive. I think he’ll be able to handle press man coverage and would be really dangerous doing a lot of the stuff Watkins does.

He’s a little injury prone, though, it seems.
[Reply]
In58men 07:12 PM 12-28-2020
Been on the Chris Olave wagon for awhile now. He needs to be discussed more.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:13 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
As I said before, the Chiefs needs are different because of the Mahomes investment to amplify his success and keeping him upright.

Thus,OL, and RB are needs higher on the list because of the Chiefs generational QB who can utilize these assets in comparison to a "good" QB where it would be wasted.

We need the Half-Billion Dollar Man to be secure and confident
This - we have to protect "The Chosen One" - it is the way.
[Reply]
In58men 07:17 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
This - we have to protect "The Chosen One" - it is the way.
There’s a TON of OL depth in this draft, no need to take one in round 1.

LDT and Niang possibly returning, I’m sure Chiefs will have more clarification closer to draft time. The pandemic “could” get worse, NFL might have players opting out earlier this offseason if given the opportunity. This draft is going to be very unpredictable.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Up