ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 72 of 252
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 03:50 PM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Man Celeste is amazing....easily the best game of 2018 and even though it’s super early it’s going to take something really special to beat it out.

Perfect on the Switch as well....
Hey jerm how does it run on the Switch I was thinking about picking this up ?
[Reply]
Jerm 09:58 PM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Hey jerm how does it run on the Switch I was thinking about picking this up ?
Runs great on it, both handheld and docked...

The game, as with most indies, is tailor made for the Switch.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:01 PM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Zelda owns me right now. I just like zoning out at night and entering Hyrule without any real purpose other than just to wander around. It's like reading a book or something. I have hardly even bothered with the quests. I'll just see some tower or something in the distance and be like, "I wonder what's over there..." and off I go. Inevitably, I end up finding something cool.
That’s the magic of the game....completely turns the open world formula on its head and where almost every other game tells you no, BotW tells you yes.

The most fun I’ve ever had exploring in a game...

Been kinda itching to go back to it, tinkering with doing another play through of it...been long enough for me.

Goddamn I love the Switch lol.
[Reply]
bigjosh 10:04 PM 01-31-2018
That’s the magic of the game....completely turns the open world formula on its head and where almost every other game tells you no, BotW tells you yes.

The most fun I’ve ever had exploring in a game...

Been kinda itching to go back to it, tinkering with doing another play through of it...been long enough for me.

Goddamn I love the Switch lol.
I just finished the last devine beast. Getting into side quests before i go seal gannon into darkness.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:57 PM 02-07-2018
Yeah I started another playthrough of BotW having not touched it in months....still just as magical.

Game is unparralled in recent memory IMO.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:27 AM 02-08-2018
Damnit. I've been waiting forever for this game. Oh well - I'd rather wait on a game that's going to be released as a complete/polished game, than what EA/Madden does to customers each year.

Rockstar Games has confirmed that Red Dead Redemption 2 will launch on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on October 26, 2018. The announcement was made on the official Rockstar Games blog where the company apologised for a delay. The game was originally due out during Spring 2018, following an earlier delay from fall 2017. According to Rockstar, this new delay affords the studio extra time to improve the game.

[Reply]
NewChief 08:34 AM 02-08-2018
Yeah I started another playthrough of BotW having not touched it in months....still just as magical.

Game is unparralled in recent memory IMO.
I'm stuck on trying to find the memories from the camera. I've randomly happened on a few of them, but I'm clueless how to systematically track them down.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:20 AM 02-09-2018
tell me about the Far Cry series.

I've never played it, but it looks interdasting. I need something to tide me over for a bit while take a break from Madden.

would I need to check out/play previous installments of FC before jumping into FC5?
[Reply]
Fish 10:55 AM 02-09-2018
Far Cry has been a fun series. 3 and 4 are definitely worth playing. Personally, I don't think I'd go back any further than that. Far Cry Primal sucks, don't bother with that one.

Fun weapons. Fun vehicles. Lots of different ways to complete the missions. You can go in stealthy and surprise kill everybody and silently disarm the alarms that will call in more troops/helicopters/etc. Or you can hop in a truck with a heavy gun on top, skid into the enemy camp guns blazing and mass murder fools.

You'd probably be fine starting off with FC5. But if you're bored, 3 and 4 definitely are worth a play.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:04 AM 02-09-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Far Cry has been a fun series. 3 and 4 are definitely worth playing. Personally, I don't think I'd go back any further than that. Far Cry Primal sucks, don't bother with that one.

Fun weapons. Fun vehicles. Lots of different ways to complete the missions. You can go in stealthy and surprise kill everybody and silently disarm the alarms that will call in more troops/helicopters/etc. Or you can hop in a truck with a heavy gun on top, skid into the enemy camp guns blazing and mass murder fools.

You'd probably be fine starting off with FC5. But if you're bored, 3 and 4 definitely are worth a play.
:-)

cool. thanks Mang.

I might scout out a used copy of 3 or 4 to check it out.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:29 AM 02-09-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:

Originally Posted by Dayze:
:-)

cool. thanks Mang.

I might scout out a used copy of 3 or 4 to check it out.
What Fish said. The Far Cry games have been my favorites for a while now. Far Cry 4 is a great game to pick up and play. Each game is different though so you don't have to worry about keeping up with a story or anything.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:19 PM 02-12-2018
Kingdom Come: Deliverance

http://store.steampowered.com/app/37...e_Deliverance/

Originally Posted by :
a medieval RPG where you engage in realistic sword combat based on 15th century fighting styles...and sometimes opponents yield...and then you can decide whether or not to EXECUTE THEM

and it's open world with a massive story

and yes you can pick pocket and pick houses clean

LOL you can stop guard dogs with horsemeat

ahahaha YOU CAN SNEAK UP ON SLEEPING GUARDS AND MUFFLE THEM TO DEATH

YOU CAN BE AMBUSHED DURING FAST TRAVEL

LOL YOU CAN GET DRUNK AND IT INCREASE YOUR STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE
THEN THE HANGOVER FIUCKS YOU UP

WEARING A HELMET LIMITS YOUR VISION
This is what Oblivion should have been.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:06 PM 02-12-2018
I've been playing alot of games that were remastered versions of games that came out a long time ago. However, I didn't play Shadow of the Colossus back in the day on PS2 or PS3, and I could see it being unique and fresh at the time, but I'm just kinda meh on this remaster. I mean you go out, find the colossus, kill it, then get ported back and repeat. There's alot of good in it don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't put it as best of all time material or even my top 10 games of all time just due to the repetition. The ending twist is well done, it's a beautiful game with a gorgeous score at most parts, but I was let down by it a bit. I had more fun playing other titles on the PS2 around that time like Kingdom Hearts, FFX, Onimusha, etc.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 02:07 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Too bad it has limted saves.
[Reply]
SuperChief 04:53 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Are you implying Oblivion wasn't good? Because that's crazy talk, brah.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 252
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Up