ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 987 of 3903
« First < 487887937977983984985986987 9889899909919971037108714871987 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:43 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

People it is worth a look.
They should cut that down to 30 seconds (especially the reproductive rate graphic) and play it nonstop on all channels.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:46 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
They should cut that down to 30 seconds (especially the reproductive rate graphic) and play it nonstop on all channels.
Yeah there is a huge difference between one person being able to infect 56 with the flu to 2047 with Covid-19 when both have went 10 rounds.
[Reply]
Donger 01:46 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Why are 97.4% of your posts questions?

Stop it. Bad donger. Bad. (slaps hand)
Why do you ask?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:48 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Why do you ask?

[Reply]
Donger 01:49 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I get it that nationality =/= race. However, feeling a certain way about an entire country is probably somewhat similar, in principle, to feeling a certain a way about an entire race.
Not at all, at least to me. You aren't showing disdain for the Japanese, or Koreans.

I wouldn't care if this came from Latvia. I'd be just as pissed. And considering this is the second time it's been unleashed on our world, yeah no. Fuck them.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:50 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Hey ringleader... You seem to like messing with numbers. Care to take a look at my question?
At work but I would guess that the site calculates that the rate of spread will be the same in Missouri as it is everywhere else, and since Missouri isn’t sheltering in place, the unaided spread will continue to grow until they lock down and enjoy the benefits of sheltering that every other group/state/country has enjoyed.

The quicker everything locks down the quicker this will all end. Having some areas open with free travel into areas that are locked down is just dragging this out.

I realize it can’t and won’t happen but if everyone stayed inside for two weeks or a month or whatever the outside number for transmission is then this would disappear. The closer we get to that the sooner this ends.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:50 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
https://covid19.healthdata.org/

Click on Missouri.
I'm going off what a health official told me and the mayor repeated it today.
[Reply]
Pants 01:50 PM 04-01-2020
"I don't see the big deal."

-BIG_DADDY
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:52 PM 04-01-2020
Sure am glad I am not on the USS Roosevelt.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...mTZkhbA3QIduSc

Citing an “ongoing and accelerating” danger on board the USS Theodore Roosevelt, Captain Brett Crozier sent his Navy superiors a memo pleading, “We are not at war. Sailors do not need to die.” He called for removing all but a skeleton crew off the carrier, where sailors are in close quarters, so that they can be isolated and tested.

The Captains request was denied.
[Reply]
Donger 01:54 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But really, the Chinese people aren't a problem. The ****ing Chinese government has some 'splaining to do though.
Can't say I agree. We know that SARS v1.0 was caused by zoonotic transmission. Specifically, civet meat. Presumably under-cooked civet meat. Bushmeat is a cultural thing there, and the more exotic the bushmeat, the more "medicinal" it is. If that's what some Chinese want to believe, fine. I couldn't care less. Just don't get on airplanes and ships and infect the world again.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:55 PM 04-01-2020
Not at all, at least to me. You aren't showing disdain for the Japanese, or Koreans.

I wouldn't care if this came from Latvia. I'd be just as pissed. And considering this is the second time it's been unleashed on our world, yeah no. **** them.
I think it is totally fair if people believe that the Chinese hid the scale and reality of this for as long as they did and that led to the problem being worse than it should have been. You can go back and read stories from December about something being loose but the Chinese authorities saying affirmatively that it wasn’t spreading person to person.

If it was the Germans who did the same thing then it would be fair to be upset at the Germans.

At some point someone is going to try to hold the Chinese government accountable. Will be interesting to see what happens.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:56 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Great video on why this is much worse than the flu

https://youtu.be/FVIGhz3uwuQ
Good vid.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:56 PM 04-01-2020
On a relatively good news front:

According to Cuomo, 1,167 COVID patients were discharged yesterday and 1,297 were admitted.

So only 130 more people admitted to the hospital than were discharged.

Moreover, at present there are 12,226 people admitted when IMHE - Murray model released a mere 6 days ago that we're basing so many of these those dire projections off of said NYC would be at 50K by now. 3,000 ICU patients in NYC vs 10K projected.

Again, that was a model released 6 days ago that ASSUMED continued social distancing through the end of May.

We're just whipping the wheel back and forth based on 'models' that are absolutely useless with 72 hours of being counted on for policy decisions. It's completely nutty.
[Reply]
Donger 01:56 PM 04-01-2020
I think it is totally fair if people believe that the Chinese hid the scale and reality of this for as long as they did and that led to the problem being worse than it should have been. You can go back and read stories from December about something being loose but the Chinese authorities saying affirmatively that it wasn’t spreading person to person.

If it was the Germans who did the same thing then it would be fair to be upset at the Germans.

At some point someone is going to try to hold the Chinese government accountable. Will be interesting to see what happens.
The Germans just spread world wars, not viruses.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:59 PM 04-01-2020
The Germans just spread world wars, not viruses.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 987 of 3903
« First < 487887937977983984985986987 9889899909919971037108714871987 > Last »
Up