ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1496 of 3903
« First < 49699613961446148614921493149414951496 149714981499150015061546159619962496 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 06:08 PM 04-17-2020
NY reporting again tonight Pete. Over 1k today now
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:11 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
non-political politic posts? That’s my thing.:-)

/I kid. Not serious disclaimer.
I’d say you are right. And you’re serious about it
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:13 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yes.

Spoiler!

And...

Spoiler!

And...

Spoiler!

And...

Spoiler!

Apologies if I missed a few.
:-)
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:16 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It would be like diluting bleach in half and using that.

You have no idea.

Spore-forming bacteria are absolute bitches to kill. Seventy percent rubbing alcohol will not kill C-diff (which produces a diarrhea so foul it will clear out a hospital room), so you need special agents to get rid of nasty bugs like it and its brethren. Enter sporicides.

We use one called Peridox RTU that is a combination of hydrogen peroxide and acetic acid, which forms peroxyacetic acid. Imagine the nastiness of vinegar smell mixed with the funkiness of hydrogen peroxide, then spraying it in an enclosed area. It will turn your eyes into faucets, and unless you follow it up with 70% IPA (rubbing alcohol), it will rust out stainless steel.
Ugh. Our stuff is nasty in it's concentrated form, but as long as you don't stick your nose in the drum it won't bother you. Although the guys who closed one of our pools a few years back mistakenly put the stainless steel ladders in the pump room over the winter...they didn't look very good the next spring, and that's just from the residual since the system was inactive. Makes you realize the capabilities of some of the chemicals.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:20 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Ugh. Our stuff is nasty in it's concentrated form, but as long as you don't stick your nose in the drum it won't bother you. Although the guys who closed one of our pools a few years back mistakenly put the stainless steel ladders in the pump room over the winter...they didn't look very good the next spring, and that's just from the residual since the system was inactive. Makes you realize the capabilities of some of the chemicals.
I had a friend in high school who was a lifeguard at a new aquatic center in town. He decided to swim laps in the indoor pool one night shortly before it opened. Long story short, they fucked the chlorine levels up majorly and he had full body dermatitis.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:24 PM 04-17-2020
Any good news to report for the day?

Apathy is starting to set in with me on this and I feel less anxious about going out in public with all of this going on...probably not good, but I’m ready to get it to a point so I build immunity to it.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:30 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Any good news to report for the day?

Apathy is starting to set in with me on this and I feel less anxious about going out in public with all of this going on...probably not good, but I’m ready to get it to a point so I build immunity to it.
Caseload is plateauing (which is highly dependent, but isn't likely bad news)

Some therapies may show promise according to early reports (but these are not powered, randomized trials; this is more anecdotal).

Hospitals are unlikely to be overrun at the current rate of case/growth and hospitalization

I think there's a lot to be cautiously optimistic about. The hard part is the realization that reaching the summit of the mountain does not mean that you're off the mountain. The descent needs to be managed well. It's hard to think about because it's taken a long time to get to this point, but this is an arduous process. We all want this to be over, but we can't let our zeal for it to be over cause us to make rash decisions that will only prolong the ordeal.

The quickest way to end this shit without mass calamity is to do what we've been doing, which sucks, because it is exhausting.
[Reply]
Donger 06:31 PM 04-17-2020
(which produces a diarrhea so foul it will clear out a hospital room)
Wait, what? Don't they all?
[Reply]
TLO 06:33 PM 04-17-2020
Caseload is plateauing (which is highly dependent, but isn't likely bad news)

Some therapies may show promise according to early reports (but these are not powered, randomized trials; this is more anecdotal).

Hospitals are unlikely to be overrun at the current rate of case/growth and hospitalization

I think there's a lot to be cautiously optimistic about. The hard part is the realization that reaching the summit of the mountain does not mean that you're off the mountain. The descent needs to be managed well. It's hard to think about because it's taken a long time to get to this point, but this is an arduous process. We all want this to be over, but we can't let our zeal for it to be over cause us to make rash decisions that will only prolong the ordeal.

The quickest way to end this shit without mass calamity is to do what we've been doing, which sucks, because it is exhausting.
Would you say the study out of California was good news?
[Reply]
petegz28 06:43 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
NY reporting again tonight Pete. Over 1k today now
They had a weird jump earlier today. I mean like only a couple hours after their first report which is unusual for them. Not only did they almost double the death count they at the time only listed 305 new cases. It just seems a little off but whatever.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 06:52 PM 04-17-2020
Not surprising due to no live sports...

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/esp...-april-12.html

Originally Posted by :
ESPN lost 62 percent of its year-over-year audience for the week of April 12

[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:59 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Not surprising due to no live sports...

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/esp...-april-12.html

The NFL draft will get huge numbers.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:06 PM 04-17-2020
Hopefully the nibble of sports will boost morale and combat the climate of fear.
[Reply]
tk13 07:09 PM 04-17-2020
That's why baseball is trying to come up with every possible crazy idea to play. It's just the question of whether players will buy in to quarantine. And trying to do it right. If they come back and have to shut down again because it's spreading among players, sports may be dead for the year, or beyond.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:12 PM 04-17-2020
Baseball should take a backseat instead of risking it all for stuff people actually turn out for.
[Reply]
Page 1496 of 3903
« First < 49699613961446148614921493149414951496 149714981499150015061546159619962496 > Last »
Up