ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 63
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are some of your favorite product purchases?
DaFace 07:47 PM 05-23-2019
A thread to talk about some of the things we've bought and are really happy with. The end. Or the beginning.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:44 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Mildly interesting story, I bought a pair of similar looking tower speakers ~20 years ago in KC after a friend bought a pair out of some guy's truck who was driving around asking random people if they wanted to buy speakers. Apparently they had a warehouse of them, minus a marketing strategy to reach customers.

They still work great and will shake the house at high volume. :-)
When I was in Korea we all had Sansui and Pioneer speakers and I thought they sounded great, especially for what I paid. I eventually blew out the Pioneers in the 80's back when I had a record store and they were in use all day and at loud volumes at times.

I had bought these Sansui's in the photo in 1984 for my home, they're still going strong after 36 years of use. I think the big ones were $300 and the shorter ones were $200, so that $1,000 for the four brand new in a stereo store. I just saw a pair sell for $100 on eBay but you have to pick them up yourself.

[Reply]
Sofa King 01:44 PM 02-15-2021
Anyone get anything cool out there? Let's see it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:45 PM 02-15-2021
I got money to burn and nothing to buy.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:22 PM 02-15-2021
I've mentioned it elsewhere, and this is super niche use, but if you have two cats (or dogs I suppose) that you free feed different foods, these gizmos are great. They read the cats' chips (or a tag on their collar) so that only the appropriate cat can get to food.

They're not cheap ($150), but they're great if you have a need.

https://www.amazon.com/SureFlap-MPF0...dp/B00O0UIPTY/
[Reply]
Bowser 04:36 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I got money to burn and nothing to buy.
Burn it. Literally. It's fucking cold.
[Reply]
scho63 07:29 PM 02-15-2021
I've had some power outages recently so I bought a Fleshlight.

Fucking thing doesn't shine any light but I feel a lot better standing in the dark now. :-)
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:40 PM 02-15-2021
I bought a whole home Generac generator last summer. I'm feeling pretty good about that decision with the reports of so many areas being without power in this cold.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:42 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I bought a whole home Generac generator last summer. I'm feeling pretty good about that decision with the reports of so many areas being without power in this cold.
smart move. Is it the LP/Nat gas kind? My uncle loves his. kicks in almost immediately. I need to get my portable hooked up to the house.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:45 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
smart move. Is it the LP/Nat gas kind? My uncle loves his. kicks in almost immediately. I need to get my portable hooked up to the house.
Yes, it's dual gas. We have it hooked to propane because we live in the country. It takes eight seconds, I believe.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:49 PM 02-15-2021
Lame compared to the cool stuff others buy but yesterday I picked up 100 lbs. of cracked corn and piled it up on my bottom ground for the pheasants since -26 degrees with snow on the ground has to suck. This morning I watched them dancing around scratching in it like it was Christmas.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:05 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Lame compared to the cool stuff others buy but yesterday I picked up 100 lbs. of cracked corn and piled it up on my bottom ground for the pheasants since -26 degrees with snow on the ground has to suck. This morning I watched them dancing around scratching in it like it was Christmas.
And then did you shoot them?

Assuming you didn't, that was a nice thing to do.

Out of curiosity, what does 100 lbs. of cracked corn cost, and can humans eat it?
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:10 PM 02-15-2021
In the past year I've purchased almost nothing but food. However, I got this a month or two ago and I've really liked it. I was tired of having my laptop computer in my actual lap.

https://www.amazon.com/Rolling-Lapto...tronics&sr=1-3

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:12 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
In the past year I've purchased almost nothing but food. However, I got this a month or two ago and I've really liked it. I was tired of having my laptop computer in my actual lap.

https://www.amazon.com/Rolling-Lapto...tronics&sr=1-3

I need this for when I go to BRAZZERS
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:34 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
And then did you shoot them?

Assuming you didn't, that was a nice thing to do.

Out of curiosity, what does 100 lbs. of cracked corn cost, and can humans eat it?
Nah, I don't shoot them. I grew up in a hunting family so I did hunt them for a year or two when I bought the ground and built the house. After watching what they have to go through in a year I now try to help them out. I will however let anyone hunt that stops to ask.

With the high price of corn and beans they have lost a lot of habitat when farmers till over their ground. Farmers have to survive too. Before that happened one morning I counted 87 scratching around in the surrounding fields. The flock on my ground is down to a dozen so I try to keep them fed during the winter.

100 lbs. cracked corn cost me $20. I'm pretty sure if you had a pestle and mortar you could make some pretty awful tasting tortillas.
[Reply]
scho63 09:50 AM 02-16-2021
I recently bought a bunch of cigar tools and an ashtray.

This is a GREAT tool. 4-1

Straight Cutter

Matching V Cut

[Reply]
Page 36 of 63
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up