ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 221
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:48 AM 01-20-2017
Would you look at the size of that butt?

Gunther Hansel landed this 482 lb 13 oz 8' 2" World Record Halibut after a almost 3hr battle off the Western Fjords Iceland this Monster was big enough to serve up almost 1000 individual fillets

I'm sharing this guys trophy butt Holy shit it's huge. I could only dream of catching something like this. My cousin has gone halibut fishing in Alaska and caught a 60lber but that's a dwarf compared to this thang.

Bump fishing thread I'm jonesing to go fishing
[Reply]
Groves 10:12 AM 01-20-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Gunther Hansel landed this 482 lb 13 oz 8' 2" World Record Halibut after a almost 3hr battle off the Western Fjords Iceland this Monster was big enough to serve up almost 1000 individual fillets
1000 individual fillets of heavy metal poisoning? What a way to go, though.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:18 AM 01-20-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Parents surprised me with an Abu Garcia c6500 for Christmas too.

Put it on a Rippin Lips 7'5 medium heavy rod.

Spring needs to get here.
When buying Abu's make sure you only get the Swedish made ones. Not all of them are produced in Sweden any more. Big difference in quality.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:35 AM 01-20-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
When buying Abu's make sure you only get the Swedish made ones. Not all of them are produced in Sweden any more. Big difference in quality.
Damn Mexico
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:47 PM 01-20-2017
Would you look at the size of that butt?

I'm sharing this guys trophy butt Holy shit it's huge. I could only dream of catching something like this. My cousin has gone halibut fishing in Alaska and caught a 60lber but that's a dwarf compared to this thang.

Oh man, just looking at that makes my mouth water for a huge plateful of fried halibut chunks, some cole slaw and hushpuppies... you know what? I'm gonna make that happen this weekend

Snow white and dense as a ribeye steak, its the best eating fish on the planet
[Reply]
loochy 12:58 PM 01-20-2017

It's winter time...go hit up some trout.
[Reply]
bdj23 01:00 PM 01-20-2017
Man... i want to go fishing. My poles are all rigged up and collecting dust.

8/0 circle hooks are expensive. Have a tackle box full of em now. Got about $100 worth of gear that will all end up at the bottom of the Kansas river by October.

Just need to stock up on weights from 6oz to 16oz.

Also need to pick up nice scale.

Go big or go home.
[Reply]
bdj23 01:02 PM 01-20-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
My c6500 is Swedish, the 7000 is unfortunately made in China.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:04 PM 01-20-2017
Man... i want to go fishing. My poles are all rigged up and collecting dust.

8/0 circle hooks are expensive. Have a tackle box full of em now. Got about $100 worth of gear that will all end up at the bottom of the Kansas river by October.

Just need to stock up on weights from 6oz to 16oz.

Also need to pick up nice scale.

Go big or go home.
I like the cut of your jib
[Reply]
bdj23 01:20 PM 01-20-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I like the cut of your jib
Funny thing is, I've always loved fishing, but for whatever reason, quit going a few years ago and took up golf.

Golf got frustrating and expensive. So a started fishing again.

After buying quality gear from hook to rod and everything in between, I've spent more money than on my golf clubs.

Fishing is a lot more satisfying anyway.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:25 PM 01-20-2017
Funny thing is, I've always loved fishing, but for whatever reason, quit going a few years ago and took up golf.

Golf got frustrating and expensive. So a started fishing again.

After buying quality gear from hook to rod and everything in between, I've spent more money than on my golf clubs.

Fishing is a lot more satisfying anyway.
Speaking of money spent, I've got to basically start over with a bunch of gear

Let things dwindle down too far last season, its gonna cost a pretty penny to restock
[Reply]
bdj23 01:56 PM 01-20-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Speaking of money spent, I've got to basically start over with a bunch of gear

Let things dwindle down too far last season, its gonna cost a pretty penny to restock
I had a bunch of cheaper catfish gear that i had been using, but it failed too many times and i lost too many good fish. Last summer was so god damn frustrating. I joined a Facebook group with some serious fishermen in it, and have learned a lot since. Re-tooled my hole approach to catfish. If i don't pull at least one 50lb+ Blue or Flathead this summer I'm going to be severely disappointed.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:54 PM 01-20-2017
Just got back from fishing. Caught a limit of crappie in an hour and twenty seven minutes in the dead water side just below Truman dam
[Reply]
stumppy 04:14 PM 01-20-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Just got back from fishing. Caught a limit of crappie in an hour and twenty seven minutes in the dead water side just below Truman dam
Man, it's been too many years since I made it up there. Seen a lot of guys using home made remote control boats to run their lines across the current and drop them in the whirlpool on the other side. A lot of big cats pulled out of there. Blues, channels, and albinos. Pretty sweet setups for fisjing that particular spot.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:21 PM 01-20-2017
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Man, it's been too many years since I made it up there. Seen a lot of guys using home made remote control boats to run their lines across the current and drop them in the whirlpool on the other side. A lot of big cats pulled out of there. Blues, channels, and albinos. Pretty sweet setups for fisjing that particular spot.
First saw the remote control boat thing in action on the show Bizarre Foods of all things, some old Vietnamese guy here in America had one rigged up to tow his line where he wanted

Had a little mechanism that released the line etc, thought that was one of the coolest ideas I'd ever seen
[Reply]
Page 115 of 221
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Up