ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 221
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:17 PM 10-26-2016
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
It's time for me to learn jerk baits and plastics. Wacky rigged and what not. Haven't been having much success with my normal tactics.

Same here man. I get to get out of my comfort zone.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:47 PM 10-26-2016
Plastics are where it's at this time of the year. A slower retrieve and more time in the strike zone is generally better. You can actually even have good luck with jigs under a cork. Bass are still oriented somewhat to shore but not right on it super shallow so if you throw it out there at 3-4 foot deep and let it float near structure and jig it slowly you have a great chance.
[Reply]
beach tribe 06:40 AM 10-27-2016
Bass are just now starting to bite again down here.

Summertime sucks so bad for catching bass.
[Reply]
beach tribe 06:43 AM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Wacky rigs are dirt simple

Used it a number of times and have yet to have any luck, but a lot of people swear by it

I havent been out in over a month, but there are a dozen nightcrawlers in the fridge that need to go soon
Same here. I have yet to catch a fish wacky rigged.
[Reply]
MahiMike 12:52 PM 10-27-2016
Snapper!
Attached: 20161024_121836.jpg (70.2 KB) 
[Reply]
bdj23 04:45 PM 11-25-2016
Girlfriend ordered my Christmas present today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LD...M8L&ref=plSrch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FE...BlL&ref=plSrch

Plus i picked up some Whisker Seeker 50lb mono line to throw on it.

I'm not fucking around next summer.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:35 PM 11-25-2016
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Girlfriend ordered my Christmas present today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LD...M8L&ref=plSrch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FE...BlL&ref=plSrch

Plus i picked up some Whisker Seeker 50lb mono line to throw on it.

I'm not ****ing around next summer.
A baitcaster eh? you my friend are more advanced than myself... never had the guts to try one, too much potential for ruined excursions due to birdsnests

Though I did finally get around to learning open faced reels, and like yourself... I'm not jacking around next year either, except what I mean by that is going much further afield looking for out of the way spots

If that means less trips but better fishing when I do go... so be it
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:36 PM 11-25-2016
I think I'm going to try the dock in the am. See what's up.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:54 PM 11-25-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
A baitcaster eh? you my friend are more advanced than myself... never had the guts to try one, too much potential for ruined excursions due to birdsnests

Though I did finally get around to learning open faced reels, and like yourself... I'm not jacking around next year either, except what I mean by that is going much further afield looking for out of the way spots

If that means less trips but better fishing when I do go... so be it
I used one when i was young, but it's probably been 18 years since I've cast one.

It's a similar setup to all of my serious catfisher friends. They swear by it.
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:53 PM 11-25-2016
Baitcasters are all I use. Every now and again I'll use my spinning real.

Didn't catch anything yesterday. Probably my last trip for the year. Water was down to 56 in the main lake, 60 closer to the power plant discharge. I worked spinnerbaits and cranks mainly. I'm trying to expand my lure selection. Worms are next.

I've always been mainly a crankbaits and shad softbait kind of guy.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:41 PM 11-25-2016
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Snapper!
Much rep to Mike for this monster... just look at that big mfer!

Thats what I call fishing, its hard to imagine just how good that meal was... fresh as monkey breath!
[Reply]
bdj23 03:15 PM 12-30-2016
Parents surprised me with an Abu Garcia c6500 for Christmas too.

Put it on a Rippin Lips 7'5 medium heavy rod.

Spring needs to get here.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:21 PM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Parents surprised me with an Abu Garcia c6500 for Christmas too.

Put it on a Rippin Lips 7'5 medium heavy rod.

Spring needs to get here.
I've STILL got a dozen worms in the fridge that need to go, decent weather this weekend would be a good excuse to go drown them

Only problem is I will have to go buy new line and restring my rigs were I to be smart about it, they got left on my covered back porch during the deep freeze of last week... my line is probably brittle as glass
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:52 PM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
It's time for me to learn jerk baits and plastics. Wacky rigged and what not. Haven't been having much success with my normal tactics.
One thing about jerk baits is you got to have plenty of lube.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:11 PM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
One thing about jerk baits is you got to have plenty of lube.
We're not talking about hog dicks here you heathen!

:-) but now that I think about it, I bet castrated pig nuts would make for excellent catfish bait
[Reply]
Page 114 of 221
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Up