ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 683 of 2694
« First < 183583633673679680681682683 68468568668769373378311831683 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Priest31kc 10:40 AM 03-17-2018
Yep we'll be fine at LG. Last year it was just a below average Witzmann, this year it'll be a competition between Ehinger, Witzmann and I bet a later draft pick and I bet Ehinger takes it.

Hopefully we can actually stay healthy on the OL this year too. Although Fisher and Schwartz didn't miss a game last year...that needs to continue because I don't have alot of confidence in our backup tackles.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:57 AM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
Yep we'll be fine at LG. Last year it was just a below average Witzmann, this year it'll be a competition between Ehinger, Witzmann and I bet a later draft pick and I bet Ehinger takes it.

Hopefully we can actually stay healthy on the OL this year too. Although Fisher and Schwartz didn't miss a game last year...that needs to continue because I don't have alot of confidence in our backup tackles.
Have to disagree with this, Ehinger did nothing but look 'ok' when he was healthy... dude is average shmaverage, and is too light for my liking

Backup tackle, meh... Erving looked good enough week 17 @ Denver
[Reply]
Priest31kc 11:13 AM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Have to disagree with this, Ehinger did nothing but look 'ok' when he was healthy... dude is average shmaverage, and is too light for my liking

Backup tackle, meh... Erving looked good enough week 17 @ Denver
I didn't say Ehinger was going to be great or anything, I said we'll be fine at LG and in a better position there than last year because of Ehinger and most likely a draft pick competing with Witzmann for it.

Even if Ehinger is just okay, it's better than Witzmann's below average play last year.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:16 AM 03-17-2018
I didn't say Ehinger was going to be great or anything, I said we'll be fine at LG and in a better position there than last year because of Ehinger and most likely a draft pick competing with Witzmann for it.

Even if Ehinger is just okay, it's better than Witzmann's below average play last year.
I'm simply not a fan of the guy, being 'fine' at that spot isnt good enough... we need a big nasty brute on this line, and thats the perfect spot to plug one in IMO
[Reply]
Priest31kc 11:17 AM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm simply not a fan of the guy, being 'fine' at that spot isnt good enough... we need a big nasty brute on this line, and thats the perfect spot to plug one in IMO
That would be nice...Are you advocating for taking a LG pretty early in the draft?
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:20 AM 03-17-2018
That would be nice...Are you advocating for taking a LG pretty early in the draft?
If Veach doesnt sign a free agent, I wouldnt complain about a 3rd being used on Will Hernandez
[Reply]
O.city 11:24 AM 03-17-2018
They got Fulton and ldt late

Take another one late and develop
[Reply]
RunKC 11:25 AM 03-17-2018
Not sure why people bitch about Ehinger. He was our 2nd best technician on the OL 2 years ago and was rock solid in pass pro. We also averaged about a half a yard more in the run game in his 5 games that year than when he was out.

Dude had a horrible knee injury that was never going to have him completely ready last season. He’s gained more muscle and now has a full offseason without rehab to get his legs strong again.

Also dumb to hate on Witzmann. That guy was a tackle who was forced to play G with no experience. It’s not easy at all to just change positions.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:02 PM 03-17-2018
I wonder if the Chiefs might consider picking up Dylan Cantrell. Played together in high school with Mahomes and roommates at Tech. Cantrell is a big receiver, not a burner, but has great hands and is great athlete overall. He had the best SPARQ score of any receiver at the Combine. A big possession guy with great leaping ability would be nice to have if Kelce gets hurt again.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/d...6cRZzlNotPtpL/
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:08 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not sure why people bitch about Ehinger. He was our 2nd best technician on the OL 2 years ago and was rock solid in pass pro. We also averaged about a half a yard more in the run game in his 5 games that year than when he was out.

Dude had a horrible knee injury that was never going to have him completely ready last season. He’s gained more muscle and now has a full offseason without rehab to get his legs strong again.

Also dumb to hate on Witzmann. That guy was a tackle who was forced to play G with no experience. It’s not easy at all to just change positions.
That's not to say the Chiefs have been great at LG ever since Brian Waters moved on, because they haven't. But Witzmann was MUCH better than Zach Fulton at LG, and he was a **** ton better than Mike McGlynn.

People act like Witzmann was the worst thing ever last year. He will make the final 53 and he might even end up starting again if he's taken what he learned last year as a full time starter and improves this year. They complain about the run blocking and lay all of the blame on Witzmann, and while he wasn't necessarily great, I think people are just looking for a guy to blame.

Mitch Morse and Eric Fisher were probably just as much responsible for our midseason running woes as Witzmann was.
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:18 PM 03-17-2018
it's hard to complain about an offensive line that had the leagues most productive running back :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:11 PM 03-17-2018
Looks like Mahomes is out in LA doing some sort of promotion/photo shoot work for Adidas and EastBay.

Star in the making.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 08:45 PM 03-17-2018
So I know this topic comes up every now and then, but with our new offensive weapons, I think maybe we should revisit the topic: Should we punt less?

Here is an interesting video from 538 that features Pulaski Academy (HS) who *never* punts the ball.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...cid=538twitter
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:16 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
it's hard to complain about an offensive line that had the leagues most productive running back :-)
True in a sense but a closer look shows that the stretch where our run game disappeared damn near cost us the playoffs. Running is also only half their responsibility.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:32 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
So I know this topic comes up every now and then, but with our new offensive weapons, I think maybe we should revisit the topic: Should we punt less?

Here is an interesting video from 538 that features Pulaski Academy (HS) who *never* punts the ball.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...cid=538twitter

I’ve always believed if you had a shitty defense & your offense was spectacular, that punting is only giving your opponent an advantage.
[Reply]
Page 683 of 2694
« First < 183583633673679680681682683 68468568668769373378311831683 > Last »
Up