ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Media Center>Nintendo Announces Switch Console
Jerm 01:36 PM 03-03-2017
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
I'll say it again for the 1000x. Nintendo has many many flaws, but they absolutely run circles around everyone else when it comes to actual story, content, and gameplay.

Part of me wished after the WiiU debacle they would have given serious thought to focusing on just making games and charging a premium for licensing. A lot of the unique offerings for the Switch seen extremely hindered because the hardware is once again lagging behind, and I don't care if they're not #1 in raw technical specs, but the system should be cutting edge when it comes out to handle the fact that it's going to used for at least a 5 year product cycle.

Somebody discussing it put it in a better way of viewing the Switch. Nintendo essentially brought out a top of the line portable game system that happens to be able to be played on your TV when you are at home.

They might be wise to lean on it being a portable system first and foremost, and then not having to deal with it constantly compared to XBOX or PS as much?
This is why I'll take all the grief that comes with being a Nintendo fanboy and I'll deal with their sometimes antiquated, ass backwards thinking (even though it royally pisses me off) because when they deliver...they fucking deliver big time, like no one else can. The thought of getting not only 1 masterpiece like BotW but possibly 2 if Mario Odyssey is in the same class is astounding to me. And let's be honest....who doesn't expect Mario to be anything short of amazing?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:35 AM 03-04-2017
Originally Posted by Jerm:
This is why I'll take all the grief that comes with being a Nintendo fanboy and I'll deal with their sometimes antiquated, ass backwards thinking (even though it royally pisses me off) because when they deliver...they fucking deliver big time, like no one else can. The thought of getting not only 1 masterpiece like BotW but possibly 2 if Mario Odyssey is in the same class is astounding to me. And let's be honest....who doesn't expect Mario to be anything short of amazing?
I can't honestly fathom the new Mario not being at least equal to the new Zelda.

It's just in their DNA to incorporate new wrinkles and deliver on familiar titles that push a unique and fresh game that doesn't rely on visual eye candy, in terms of pushing the graphics technology, but is supremely confident in gameplay and storyline content on delivering a highly rewarding experience.

Other than the Metal Gear series, Nintendo releases titles on a whole other level consistently and in spite of their stubborn resistance to chase matching other consoles in hardware capabilities.

I still think they mistepped in making the Switch underpowered strictly for the sake of limitations 3-5 years down the road, and the loss of sales and revenue due to 3rd party titles the other 2 will both make available.

That's A LOT of pressure to have to be putting out must play games solo without the same outside studio support to keep them relevant.

???

I hope they prove everyone wrong. People quickly forgot how the XB, XB1, and PS2-4 were very limited at release, and that it took at least a year to even really see them mature into gaming consoles. The Switch on day 1 already has a title available to play that none of those others did for at least a year (give or take) after they came out.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:00 AM 03-04-2017
I wish Nintendo would just become a software developer/publisher.
[Reply]
DC.chief 11:36 AM 03-03-2017
Damn. I gotta buy it now. Was going to try to wait a little bit but reading these reviews has me hyped. I'm not crazy about the Switch but I don't have a Wii U.. So if you were me would you buy a switch for BOTW or get a U?
[Reply]
Fish 11:40 AM 03-03-2017
Originally Posted by DC.chief:
Damn. I gotta buy it now. Was going to try to wait a little bit but reading these reviews has me hyped. I'm not crazy about the Switch but I don't have a Wii U.. So if you were me would you buy a switch for BOTW or get a U?
That's my current dilemma. I'm gonna have to buy this damn game too. I'm almost leaning toward getting a used WiiU off craigslist. The WiiU is now able to be soft modded to run game backups from an external USB drive. So I'm kinda leaning toward that because it would give me a huge library very easily. What I want to know is when future Nintendo games will start being incompatible with the WiiU...
[Reply]
NewChief 12:52 PM 03-03-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
That's my current dilemma. I'm gonna have to buy this damn game too. I'm almost leaning toward getting a used WiiU off craigslist. The WiiU is now able to be soft modded to run game backups from an external USB drive. So I'm kinda leaning toward that because it would give me a huge library very easily. What I want to know is when future Nintendo games will start being incompatible with the WiiU...
My advice would be to wait a month. If reports continue to be positive on the switch, buy it.

That being said, if you really are DYING to play BotW, pull the trigger on a WiiU without feeling too bad. I have one, and there ARE some great titles on it, despite what people try to say. The problem is that those same proprietary titles are going to likely appear on the Switch in better versions (will they eventually make a ZombiSwitch?, though?).
[Reply]
Fish 01:07 PM 03-03-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
My advice would be to wait a month. If reports continue to be positive on the switch, buy it.

That being said, if you really are DYING to play BotW, pull the trigger on a WiiU without feeling too bad. I have one, and there ARE some great titles on it, despite what people try to say. The problem is that those same proprietary titles are going to likely appear on the Switch in better versions (will they eventually make a ZombiSwitch?, though?).
Yes, I agree with your points. It's just really tempting seeing used WiiU consoles for well under $200 on craigslist. I could get a used WiiU, buy BotW, download all current WiiU games, and have a huge playable library for half the price of buying the Switch + BotW.

That said, the Switch + BotW bundle looks pretty sweet for $429...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:05 PM 03-03-2017
I'm going to suck it up and buy the Switch. With the content on the way and rumors about a Pokemon Open World style game (****ing finally), I'm going to put my money on their current console.

Don't leave me hanging, Nintendo.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:22 PM 03-03-2017
Was surprised how quick my Switch updated as did BotW....was worried it'd take forever lol.

Really dig the OS, Shop, etc....everything is sharp and quick and easy to navigate.

I'm already in love with this system...think Nintendo knocked it outta the park.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:47 PM 03-03-2017
BTW...my Switch friend code is SW-2380-6747-0126.

Feel free to add me!
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 07:32 PM 03-03-2017
Now I'm glad I kept the Wii U. Love me some Zelda.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:16 PM 03-05-2017
Playing Zelda and man it's been a long time since I've played a game that gave me that feeling of "just go see what's over there" type of feeling...the organic nature of discovering things and the following encounters are blowing me away.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:21 PM 03-05-2017
I'll wait until Splatoon 2, Fifa, Mario Kart Deluxe and virtual console releases.

But I'm already sold on the console. It looks fantastic.

For those that have it, do you find yourself playing handheld more or the console docked?
[Reply]
Jerm 07:59 PM 03-05-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I'll wait until Splatoon 2, Fifa, Mario Kart Deluxe and virtual console releases.

For those that have it, do you find yourself playing handheld more or the console docked?
Strictly handheld for me so far...it was always going to be a handheld first for me so I'm good, I'll play on the TV at some point though.

BotW is amazing in handheld mode....
[Reply]
Swanman 08:40 AM 03-06-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:

If I am at home in control of tv, it gets docked and I play on the tv. I brought it to work with me today and played it on the train in handheld form and it worked great. Screen is big enough that it's not a strain and it's great that you get the same exact console experience on a handheld.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up