ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 48 of 255
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:27 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by AndChiefs:
Trying to find some coop type games for the wife and I. She grew up on Nintendo games. Already bought her breath of the wild (which isn't coop) but know she wants some we can play together. Have Xbox, PS4, and Wii U so pretty open.

Any ideas?
All PS4 games, exception being IBB&OBB which you'll have to play via PSNow
Enter the Gungeon
Ibb&Obb
Helldivers
Overcooked
Rocket League
Diablo 3
Broforce
[Reply]
NewChief 02:45 PM 03-10-2017
Trying to find some coop type games for the wife and I. She grew up on Nintendo games. Already bought her breath of the wild (which isn't coop) but know she wants some we can play together. Have Xbox, PS4, and Wii U so pretty open.

Any ideas?
The Pikmin game in the WiiU Arcade is a pretty fun coop. So is the metroid game there. 3D Mario World is great for Coop as well.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:46 PM 03-10-2017

Any ideas?

Mario and Mario Kart for sure.
[Reply]
AndChiefs 04:32 PM 03-10-2017
Thanks guys. She's already looking into your suggestions and choosing ones that look interesting.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 09:10 AM 03-12-2017
Those of you with the PS4 Pro, was it worth it? I'm thinking about upgrading before MEA.
[Reply]
kcxiv 12:24 PM 03-12-2017
I wouldnt ever buy a ps4 pro. Then again i have a decent gaming PC. I'd just settle for a regular PS4.

IMO, its just wasting money.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 03:55 PM 03-12-2017
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
I wouldnt ever buy a ps4 pro. Then again i have a decent gaming PC. I'd just settle for a regular PS4.

Yeah, that's what it sounds like. My tv is 4k but doesn't support HDR. Probably not worth it. If someone comes in and tells me that just the 4k support is a massive difference I might reconsider.
[Reply]
Jerm 04:12 PM 03-12-2017
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Those of you with the PS4 Pro, was it worth it? I'm thinking about upgrading before MEA.
I was hesitant at first but now I'm super happy I upgraded....games look amazing, HDR is a sight to behold, and if nothing else I'm glad knowing I've future proofed myself for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04:16 PM 03-12-2017
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I was hesitant at first but now I'm super happy I upgraded....games look amazing, HDR is a sight to behold, and if nothing else I'm glad knowing I've future proofed myself for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, I missed the HDR train by like a month. I should've waited to upgrade my tv until the new models rolled out. Probably gonna pass for now. Sounds like that really makes a difference.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:07 PM 03-12-2017
Originally Posted by kcxiv:

What are you playing on pc
[Reply]
DJJasonp 06:53 PM 03-12-2017
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
I have it - and have 4K with HDR.

It's good, but it's not like the jump from standard to 1080 where it blows you away.

Will say this, updates keep adding new tweaks (boost mode came this week for games that came out before the Pro and no patch yet). Most recent update also added support for external hard drive, which is a bonus.

Faster load times too.

I've yet to try out my PSVR with the Pro to see the difference there, but I hear there is some.
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:44 PM 03-13-2017
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Once again this is a game ive looked forward to for well over two years now.
Once again... I'm a little disappointed.

Let's start with graphics.
They're wonderful. I've been very impressed with the range of view as well. The game is beautiful I have got to admit.

Music: It nearly perfect as well. Very impressive.

Voice/lip synch: This is average at best. I've noticed very general lip synching here so they can dub in other languanges.

Gameplay:

YAWN! While at first it's very impressive and captivating, you slowly realize that this is just another far cry game only more difficult and tedious.
I'm going to play it through because...

Storyline:
Very good. It has me captivated and I'm going to play it until it's beat.

Overall?
7 out of 10
It is above average at 100+ hours of gameplay but it isn't really anything new like I'd hoped.
I'm going to revisit this. It may have not lived up to my expectations but I have got to admit that the story is very good.

Multiple endings and all that jazz. It doesn't do anything new but what it does do is good.
The robot-animals are very impressive.

I'm sticking with my score but I'll reiterate this: if you love farcry, this is your game.
I played it on normal difficulty but I'll try again on difficult soon enough.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:11 PM 03-13-2017
Too bad the Switch seems lIke it's having a rocky launch, or I'd be all over Breath of the Wild. Seems like that's going to be game of the year easily.
[Reply]
Gonzo 11:01 PM 03-13-2017
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Too bad the Switch seems lIke it's having a rocky launch, or I'd be all over Breath of the Wild. Seems like that's going to be game of the year easily.
Meh, if red dead redemption 2 hits this year, it should beat it. All the good press is very pressured by Nintendo fan boys. It's a good game, (don't get me wrong) but it's not worth purchasing an entire 300+ dollar system over. Especially since you can get it on the Wii U. Nintendo fans are absolutely the worst. Especially the Nintendo/Zelda ****s. Link could be a walking turd on old NES graphics and they'd still get stupid-pissed off if they didn't get a 10/10 rating on their game.

Wait until this fall. The switch's bugs will be worked out and it'll be far cheaper. Nintendo may even do another Ambassador program like they did with the 3DS... of it doesn't sell well enough.
[Reply]
Swanman 07:52 AM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Meh, if red dead redemption 2 hits this year, it should beat it. All the good press is very pressured by Nintendo fan boys. It's a good game, (don't get me wrong) but it's not worth purchasing an entire 300+ dollar system over. Especially since you can get it on the Wii U. Nintendo fans are absolutely the worst. Especially the Nintendo/Zelda ****s. Link could be a walking turd on old NES graphics and they'd still get stupid-pissed off if they didn't get a 10/10 rating on their game.

Wait until this fall. The switch's bugs will be worked out and it'll be far cheaper. Nintendo may even do another Ambassador program like they did with the 3DS... of it doesn't sell well enough.
I got the switch because it allows a full handheld experience with all of its games. I barely get any time at home to play because of kids but I am on the train for about 2 hours a day and that's perfect gaming time. It was definitely worth it in my situation. The game lineup is obviously lacking but Zelda will last me a good long time and by that point Mario Kart will be out. Once FIFA comes out, assuming it's an ok game, I will play the hell out of that one.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 255
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Up