ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Ford Vs Ferrari trailer
Deberg_1990 09:12 PM 06-02-2019
OK, i know absolutely nothing about this story, but the trailer looks kickass.

im in!

[Reply]
BWillie 05:19 PM 11-17-2019
Looks really boring and bad. But reviews are good. So we'll see it eventually.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 07:53 AM 11-18-2019
I saw it yesterday in 4D. I didn't want to see it in 4D.

I told my wife I don't want to wear 3D glasses for 2 hours to watch a movie. Been there, done that, didn't like it.

But we went anyway, because the time in the 4D theater fit our schedule perfectly. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that 4D has nothing to do with 3D. Those damn 3D glasses aren't required. They don't even hand them out.

4D is all about the seats. When the engines start rumbling, your seat vibrates. When the cars take off and make sharp turns, you feel the turns. When the driver hits the brakes, you feel it. When the wind is blowing or if you're riding in the car with windows open, you feel the air blowing on you.

It was actually a pretty awesome experience. I highly recommend it for the right movie.

Plus, the movie itself was great. Much better than I expected.
[Reply]
luv 08:12 AM 11-18-2019
My boyfriend was expecting it to be more about the cars, or even the feud between Ford and Ferrari (since the name of the movie is Ford vs. Ferrari). He enjoyed it, but felt a little let down in that it wasn't a little more about the cars, or necessarily the racing. Basically, all you knew about the Ferrari was that they were put together by hand. Nothing on the motor, what was used to make the car, etc. And the only thing really regarding the "rivalry" with them was the initial offer meeting and some glares during the race. It was more about character development and the internal struggle within the Ford organization. It was definitely more suits vs. Shelby & Miles than it was Ford vs. Ferrari. He still enjoyed it, though. Especially the parts with Miles and his son. He was just a little disappointed that there wasn't more racing in it.
[Reply]
luv 08:14 AM 11-18-2019
Also, Bale made this movie. I know he was more of a supporting role to Damon, but he was awesome.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:36 AM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Reserved seats, recliners, and booze have completely changed going to the movies for me. For a decade or so, we probably went to about one a year. But then our theater made the shift a few years ago, and we're probably averaging more like 7-10 a year. It's WAY nicer to not have to get there early and awkwardly squeeze in between people to get decent seats. And yeah, booze helps. A lot of places are stepping up their food game, too.
Same here. Recliners, reserved seats, alcohol get me out into the theater more than say 5-10 years ago. Tuesday's I can go for $5. We have 8 20+ screen movie theaters in our area, They are all like that. Their and movie theaters nationwide attendance must have dropped and forced them to spend some money and become more consumer friendly.
[Reply]
wheeler08 10:20 AM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I saw it yesterday in 4D. I didn't want to see it in 4D.

I told my wife I don't want to wear 3D glasses for 2 hours to watch a movie. Been there, done that, didn't like it.

But we went anyway, because the time in the 4D theater fit our schedule perfectly. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that 4D has nothing to do with 3D. Those damn 3D glasses aren't required. They don't even hand them out.

4D is all about the seats. When the engines start rumbling, your seat vibrates. When the cars take off and make sharp turns, you feel the turns. When the driver hits the brakes, you feel it. When the wind is blowing or if you're riding in the car with windows open, you feel the air blowing on you.

It was actually a pretty awesome experience. I highly recommend it for the right movie.

Plus, the movie itself was great. Much better than I expected.
Wow! I didn’t know 4D was an option! I’d go see it again if there was one anywhere around me. Wonder what it would be like seeing Midway?
[Reply]
wheeler08 10:20 AM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
My boyfriend was expecting it to be more about the cars, or even the feud between Ford and Ferrari (since the name of the movie is Ford vs. Ferrari). He enjoyed it, but felt a little let down in that it wasn't a little more about the cars, or necessarily the racing. Basically, all you knew about the Ferrari was that they were put together by hand. Nothing on the motor, what was used to make the car, etc. And the only thing really regarding the "rivalry" with them was the initial offer meeting and some glares during the race. It was more about character development and the internal struggle within the Ford organization. It was definitely more suits vs. Shelby & Miles than it was Ford vs. Ferrari. He still enjoyed it, though. Especially the parts with Miles and his son. He was just a little disappointed that there wasn't more racing in it.
I never thought of that until you said it. Yea it should have been called Ford vs Shelby lol!
[Reply]
DaFace 10:24 AM 11-18-2019
I get where he's coming from, but shifting the focus to the cars would have made the target audience for it WAY more narrow. As I said, I'm not a big car guy, and I probably wouldn't have gone if that had been what it was about.
[Reply]
luv 01:20 PM 11-18-2019
I get where he's coming from, but shifting the focus to the cars would have made the target audience for it WAY more narrow. As I said, I'm not a big car guy, and I probably wouldn't have gone if that had been what it was about.
Yeah. I thought it was a great movie, albeit probably not the best title to fit the movie. I was familiar enough with the story to know what was going on, but not familiar enough with it that I would be tempted to knit-pick it. Although, I hear that events, while dramatized, were pretty close to the events IRL.

I read that Peter Miles was at the Premier. He has a classic car collection worth over $80 million, and that he dabbled in some off road racing himself. I love that the movie left me wanting to know what happened to him.

This is definitely a perfect date movie. I'd say technical enough that car guys will still enjoy it (especially if they're dads of boys), and women will love the characters.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:49 PM 11-18-2019
Yeah. I thought it was a great movie, albeit probably not the best title to fit the movie. I was familiar enough with the story to know what was going on, but not familiar enough with it that I would be tempted to knit-pick it. Although, I hear that events, while dramatized, were pretty close to the events IRL.

I read that Peter Miles was at the Premier. He has a classic car collection worth over $80 million, and that he dabbled in some off road racing himself. I love that the movie left me wanting to know what happened to him.

This is definitely a perfect date movie. I'd say technical enough that car guys will still enjoy it (especially if they're dads of boys), and women will love the characters.
Yeah, I did some reading after seeing it and from what I can tell it's mostly the drama regarding Ken Miles that was amped up a lot. In real life he was a driver at the first failed attempt at Le Mans - not far away listening on the radio. And there was never this heated animosity toward Miles from Ford - the botched ending was largely driven by a desire to not have any of the Ford drivers break down or crash at the end - not a way to get a dig in at Miles. And they honestly just didn't know the rules regarding who would be declared the winner. (They also basically just ignored the fact that it's a team race and Miles was only one of two drivers, but that's understandable.)

Other than that, though, it was a nice way to learn some history.
[Reply]
2bikemike 08:29 PM 11-19-2019
Just got home from the theater and seeing Ford vs. Ferrari. I thought it was a very good movie. The casting was great. Well written even with the artistic dramatization.

2 Thumbs up, Highly recommended.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:34 PM 11-22-2019
Great flick! Just watched it with the wife this am and she liked it a lot too. She knew nothing about the story or car racing.

Hollywood needs more movies like this.
[Reply]
TEX 01:41 PM 11-22-2019
Agree with all of this. I'm not a huge car guy, but I thought it was great. Bale has an outside shot at an Oscar for his performance. It's been a while since a movie got my adrenaline pumping like this one did!
Yep. Bale was AWESOME. Great movie all the way around! :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:05 AM 11-23-2019
Yeah some of the history was off. Miles wasn't there the first year but did race in LeMans the next year but didn't finish due to a gearbox issue. Old man Ferrari wasn't at the race. Ford engineers built the GT40. Shelby modified it when it got to America. No evidence that Ford didnt want Miles. The putting in the new brakes during the race was real. So they studied the rule book but didnt know the consequences of the tie would rob Miles of the tie for the win?

And the photos and video of the time, it doesnt even look like the Ford's even crossed the finish line at the same time.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:45 AM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah some of the history was off. Miles wasn't there the first year but did race in LeMans the next year but didn't finish due to a gearbox issue. Old man Ferrari wasn't at the race. Ford engineers built the GT40. Shelby modified it when it got to America. No evidence that Ford didnt want Miles. The putting in the new brakes during the race was real. So they studied the rule book but didnt know the consequences of the tie would rob Miles of the tie for the win?

And the photos and video of the time, it doesnt even look like the Ford's even crossed the finish line at the same time.

Yea, I figured slot of stuff was pure Hollywood. I’m guessing most stuff about the Leo Beebe character was made up. Hollywood always needs a good antagonist.

Still a great movie though.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up