ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Media Center>USA: Mr. Robot
keg in kc 07:40 PM 06-25-2015
Premiered on Wednesday. Apparently the pilot's been online for a month, has all kind of critical acclaim, to the point that they gave it a second season before the pilot even aired. All I can say is go watch it if you haven't. It's pretty badass.

Full ep at the link or on demand
http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot/vi...hellofriendmov
[Reply]
kepp 03:34 PM 01-19-2016
I just finished this last night. Those last few episodes really went at it compared to the first ones. I like the show though.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:13 AM 01-20-2016
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Glad the show got the recognition it deserves at the award shows. Won best drama series at both the Golden Globes and the Critics' Choice awards.
I'd love to know the story of how this show ended up on USA.
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:09 PM 01-20-2016
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
I'd love to know the story of how this show ended up on USA.
You know, that is a really great question. They certainly don't have a history with this kind of programming.
[Reply]
Sully 12:34 PM 01-20-2016
You know, that is a really great question. They certainly don't have a history with this kind of programming.
I don't know what you're talking about. Silk Stalkings was groundbreaking.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:08 PM 01-20-2016
No special story I'm aware of. USA is just the network that bit on the pitch afaik.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:18 PM 01-20-2016
I wonder how many networks turned it down before USA.
[Reply]
Third Eye 01:29 PM 01-20-2016
I wonder how many networks turned it down before USA.
I'm certainly no network professional, but I know a lot of shows shoot a pilot and then shop that pilot around to a bunch of networks. According to the following link, USA greenlit the pilot. So the concept may have got shot down elsewhere, but it sounds like USA got in pretty early. Again, same article mentions that though USA was still the number one ranked non-premium cable entertainment network, viewership was down across the board and their typical fluff was starting to fail so they made a conscious effort to shift their brand a bit. Guess it was just a matter of fortuitous timing.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/08/mr-ro...up-on-usa.html
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:28 PM 01-20-2016
I've enjoyed it.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:34 PM 01-20-2016
I'm certainly no network professional, but I know a lot of shows shoot a pilot and then shop that pilot around to a bunch of networks. According to the following link, USA greenlit the pilot. So the concept may have got shot down elsewhere, but it sounds like USA got in pretty early. Again, same article mentions that though USA was still the number one ranked non-premium cable entertainment network, viewership was down across the board and their typical fluff was starting to fail so they made a conscious effort to shift their brand a bit. Guess it was just a matter of fortuitous timing.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/08/mr-ro...up-on-usa.html
Thanks for posting - I think I just found an easter egg.

Originally Posted by :
Officially, Mr. Robot came to life at USA a year ago, last summer, when network president Chris McCumber gave creator Sam Esmail the green light to begin casting and filming a pilot episode. McCumber, who credits USA development chief Alex Sepiol for “unearthing the project and putting it in front of” him, says he and his team were sold on the idea as soon as they read the script.

Elliot's cover name at Steel Mountain?

Sam Sepiol.
[Reply]
Third Eye 02:39 PM 01-20-2016
Thanks for posting - I think I just found an easter egg.

Elliot's cover name at Steel Mountain?

Sam Sepiol.
Ha! Nice catch.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:43 PM 05-17-2016

[Reply]
Buck 07:52 PM 07-10-2016
Apparently this came back tonight and was streaming online only? I guess I missed it. I hope I can find it later.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:56 PM 07-10-2016
Originally Posted by Buck:
Apparently this came back tonight and was streaming online only? I guess I missed it. I hope I can find it later.
I believe it was just a special streaming of the season premiere episode that will air Wednesday.
[Reply]
Buck 08:00 PM 07-10-2016
On Reddit they're saying that the season premiere in TV is the first two episodes and what streamed tonight was the first episode of those two.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:40 PM 07-11-2016
I really dug this show. It did start a lot stronger than it finished, with doing away with some of the plot devices like his addiction. And I was hoping this show would become more of a cyber Dexter ( ala destroying shitty people's lives and putting it on a CD in his collection ) rather than the strange fight club esque story line. The kid is a helluva actor though.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up