ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Marvel Films in Chronological Order?
luv 01:35 PM 11-12-2019
Timeline, not date of release. I've checked out a few sites, but I'm getting varying orders. I figured some Marvel expert here would know. The list below is the order one site had them, but the numbering of them is the way a different site had them:

1. Captain America: The First Avenger
2. Captain Marvel
3. Iron Man
4. Iron Man 2
5. The Incredible Hulk
6. Thor
7. The Avengers
11. Iron Man 3
8. Thor: The Dark World
12. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
9. Guardians of the Galaxy
10. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
13. The Avengers: Age of Ultron
14. Ant-Man
15. Captain America: Civil War
17. Spiderman: Homecoming
18. Doctor Strange
16. Black Panther
19. Thor: Ragnarok
20. Ant-Man and the Wasp
21. Avengers: Infinity War
22. Avengers: Endgame
23. Spiderman: Far From Home
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:50 PM 11-12-2019
I'd be curious to find this out too.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:05 PM 11-12-2019
Here is a comprehensive list that includes tv series and one offs. That is a bit much to undertake, but it is interesting to read through.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a8...ological-order
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:12 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
Timeline, not date of release. I've checked out a few sites, but I'm getting varying orders. I figured some Marvel expert here would know. The list below is the order one site had them, but the numbering of them is the way a different site had them:

1. Captain America: The First Avenger
2. Captain Marvel
3. Iron Man
4. Iron Man 2
5. The Incredible Hulk
6. Thor
7. The Avengers
11. Iron Man 3
8. Thor: The Dark World
12. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
9. Guardians of the Galaxy
10. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
13. The Avengers: Age of Ultron
14. Ant-Man
15. Captain America: Civil War
17. Spiderman: Homecoming
18. Doctor Strange
16. Black Panther
19. Thor: Ragnarok
20. Ant-Man and the Wasp
21. Avengers: Infinity War
22. Avengers: Endgame
23. Spiderman: Far From Home

I’ve seen some debate as to wether or not Black Panther or Home Coming should immediately follow Civil War. Black Panther should probably come first, but we are talking about a time frame of weeks so it really shouldn’t matter.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:01 PM 11-15-2019
Civil War was probably my favorite
[Reply]
Bowser 11-16-2019, 10:55 AM
This message has been deleted by Bowser. Reason: I r eediot
ThaVirus 10:58 AM 11-16-2019
Civil War great at the time. I loved pitting the heroes against each other.. but in retrospect I feel like the stakes just weren't high enough. Everyone was holding back the entire movie. Even if Panther or Iron Man succeeded in killing Bucky, who gives a shit? He's probably the most irrelevant character in the MCU.

I'd argue that Civil War isn't even the best of the Captain America trilogy so it's tough for me to put in my top 5 of all MCU flicks.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:03 AM 11-16-2019
Yes, I agree with you Virus. I was typing out Civil War and thinking Winter Soldier.

Civil War is a fine film and integral to setting up Infinity War and Endgame (plus it brought Spidey in the MCU), but it was a lesser film then the others for me, somehow. I'll still happily watch it, but it's no Winter Soldier.
[Reply]
banecat 12:56 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yes, I agree with you Virus. I was typing out Civil War and thinking Winter Soldier.

Civil War is a fine film and integral to setting up Infinity War and Endgame (plus it brought Spidey in the MCU), but it was a lesser film then the others for me, somehow. I'll still happily watch it, but it's no Winter Soldier.
Winter Soldier is the best film to come out of that franchise. CA1, 2, and 3
are probably the best trilogy when compared to the other trilogies in the MCU. And with the release of the movies that came after CW, they helped to elevate it even more after watching it again. CA1 is the weakest of the three, but still a solid film
[Reply]
Up